Is John Hynes Fired Yet? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
What makes no sense to me is why Fitz goes behind the bench and the team suddenly rediscovers their mojo on the PK and they aren’t setting up a box defense six feet from the goal at even strength as they seemed to do in the first six games? Fitz coukdnt change the system in one day could he? So either the players actually weren’t executing what they were supposed to do and the coaching failure was letting them play sloppy or the coaches tried to make changes to last year’s system and Fitz just had them go back to what they did last season? Yes the effort was better with Fitz there but it seemed to be more than that.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
What makes no sense to me is why Fitz goes behind the bench and the team suddenly rediscovers their mojo on the PK and they aren’t setting up a box defense six feet from the goal at even strength as they seemed to do in the first six games? Fitz coukdnt change the system in one day could he? So either the players actually weren’t executing what they were supposed to do and the coaching failure was letting them play sloppy or the coaches tried to make changes to last year’s system and Fitz just had them go back to what they did last season? Yes the effort was better with Fitz there but it seemed to be more than that.
Well it WAS a weak team we were playing against.

I'm still trying to figure out why we brought Fitz in. Is it to audit the coaches? Is it to review the culture of the players? It it just to have the presence of the bench boss' boss to light a fire under the players? Or could it simply be a publicity stunt to calm sooth the natives (fans)?

We've discussed this ad nauseam here and I still haven't come to a decision. Perhaps it's all of the above.

BTW, I didn't go thru the whole game day thread from last night, but how the HELL do you challenge that non-goal? THAT may have been the worst coaching decision of the night.

Reactions: tr83 and My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
Well it WAS a weak team we were playing against.

I'm still trying to figure out why we brought Fitz in. Is it to audit the coaches? Is it to review the culture of the players? It it just to have the presence of the bench boss' boss to light a fire under the players? Or could it simply be a publicity stunt to calm sooth the natives (fans)?

We've discussed this ad nauseam here and I still haven't come to a decision. Perhaps it's all of the above.

BTW, I didn't go thru the whole game day thread from last night, but how the HELL do you challenge that non-goal? THAT may have been the worst coaching decision of the night.

I have no opinion on the Hall nongoal. I’m not sure how it’s been called in the past regardless of what the written rule says. Similar to the NFL “rules” on what constitutes a catch or offensive holding ( go watch the Saints play a game and watch how many times Cam Jordan has an offensive lineman with an arm wrapped around his neck and it’s sometimes called sometimes not).

you probably hit the nail on the head with the Fitz thing. It’s probably a bit of everything and something to also quiet the fans who want to see the team “do Something”

Reactions: nugg

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I have no opinion on the Hall nongoal. I’m not sure how it’s been called in the past regardless of what the written rule says. Similar to the NFL “rules” on what constitutes a catch or offensive holding ( go watch the Saints play a game and watch how many times Cam Jordan has an offensive lineman with an arm wrapped around his neck and it’s sometimes called sometimes not).

you probably hit the nail on the head with the Fitz thing. It’s probably a bit of everything and something to also quiet the fans who want to see the team “do Something”
The idea with the replay rule now is basically that if it's close, don't even bother. They want it to be used only for blatantly missed calls. That review was so borderline that it should never have been challenged.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
The idea with the replay rule now is basically that if it's close, don't even bother. They want it to be used only for blatantly missed calls. That review was so borderline that it should never have been challenged.

like the reviewable pass interference in the NFL which seems to be working the same way. Thanks for the insight, much appreciated....

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
big ice hockey and small ice hockey are almost like different sports.

Yea I know, but I wasn't expecting this much of a difference. I have a feeling the fact that he doesn't speak English is making it extra hard for him too, not just the rink size.

Reactions: nugg

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

I couldn't see but was Nas on the bench? I noticed Kowalsky, but not Nas.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

I mean....If there were any hynes supporters out there, that move solidified he doesn't know wtf he's doing.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Still need to be fired but he won himself a few more games. This team can beat bad teams on home ice but anything outside of that is the real question.

Oh and he should take Blackwood out to a REAL nice dinner, not that b dubs BS.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If Fitzgerald needs to be on the bench for games and on the ice for practice, there is no reason why Hynes should be the coach and that Sher0/Fitzgerald shouldn't be looking for coaching candidates right now.

Except they know Fitzgerald's no long-term solution himself. At most he's on the bench the rest of the year then he may well get a GM job. They clearly don't think an outsider will be better or that would have been the solution over this.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
If the team continues to flail with Hynes when the schedule toughens up again, can I start a Fire Ray Shero thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad