Management Is it possible Sweeney will not be back as GM? No. Sweeney signs extension.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
How? Who else should be worried about no contract for Sweeney yet? None of the Boston media is. Do people here know something they don't?

I'm genuinely surprised I have to explain this - looking like buffoons, or at a minimum like a bunch of ostrich with their heads buried in the sand, is never good for business. Not for attracting talent on any level, that's for certain.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'm genuinely surprised I have to explain this - looking like buffoons, or at a minimum like a bunch of ostrich with their heads buried in the sand, is never good for business. Not for attracting talent on any level, that's for certain.
I'm genuinely surprised I have to explain that they aren't looking like buffoons or ostriches to anyone but the boo hoo crew here.

• Haha
Reactions: Spooner st

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Even by Bruins standards, the silence on Sweeney's status this late in June is uncharted territory. The 2022 NHL Draft is 15 days away so something is not right.

My hunch is the suits in Buffalo were caught off guard by the negative reaction to Cassidy being made the scapegoat followed by Vegas hiring him 8 days later.

If Sweeney is out there is only one way they can go this late in the process - Cam remains as President but also becomes the GM.

Ive-got-a-bad-feeling.gif
I've been thinking the same thing for a little while now. It's pretty difficult to align Neely's comments regarding Sweeney's imminent contract renewal on May 19 with a complete lack of action or follow-up now more than a month later. Coupled with, as you say, a strong negative fan reaction to the decision to fire Cassidy I'd think Jacobs is rethinking things.

Of course it would be another strategic screw up to go into another draft with uncertainty at the GM position. According to Neely the 2015 debacle was a result of Sweeney not being in the job long enough to have a handle on things. I don't believe that for a minute, but neither does it make me feel comfortable about whatever is going on now.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Show me one article/quote/hell even a tweet from anyone in Boston hockey media or similar that has expressed any of this sentiment whatsoever

So everyone in here and their opinion to you is meaningless unless it was stated in the media as well?
Kind of makes me wonder why you even come in here then.

Reactions: Root

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The media is now our gauge? Yikes.
How would you gauge it? Posters here? Sully and Fitz down at the Legion?

So everyone in here and their opinion to you is meaningless unless it was stated in the media as well?
Kind of makes me wonder why you even come in here then.
What an odd response.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
They better make some solid announcements soon

The gm and new hc should be focusing on the upcoming draft

Unless Sweeney plans to throw darts again like he did for the 2015 draft

There is a draft preparation concern but also trade possibilities/maximize

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad