Management Is it possible Sweeney will not be back as GM? No. Sweeney signs extension.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I have a hard time thinking they'd name Neely GM. I think they'd just give someone in the organization on the hockey ops side the interim GM title.

But it is definitely weird nothing has been announced yet. I thought once Sweeney axed Cassidy that was it. Only thing I can guess is that the Jacobs family was stunned by the response to the firing and are now questioning if they want Sweeney extended at all.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Maybe it finally sunk with the Jacobs clan that Sweeney spent 10 million dollars of their money last year on Craig Smith, Nick Foligno and Mike Reilly for a grand total of 1 assist in 19 playoff man games.

Why would it bother them? Only the fact that there were playoff games matter, right?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
His seat is ice cold...unfortunately.

As long as he gets Papa Jacobs some playoff gate checks, he's safe. Cam won't do anything without Jacobs' ok, and that won't happen until the wallet feels it

Reactions: Gordoff

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If the Bruins announce that Sweeney is done and Neely is assuming his role, we should legitimately riot.

That’s saying something with how mediocre Sweeney has been.

f***, this organization needs a lobotomy.
What if they announce Sweeney is taking GM and President and Neeley's moving to a "senior advisor something or other"? Should I get some hotdogs to cook on the fire in here?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What if they announce Sweeney is taking GM and President and Neeley's moving to a "senior advisor something or other"? Should I get some hotdogs to cook on the fire in here?

I’d be slightly less sick, but like the idea of an organizational lobotomy so I’ll stick with that.

They need a full on overhaul. Sweeney over Neely though. But they’re dumb and dumber so it’s like picking death by fire or death by drowning.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It's not public humiliation, and it's not Sweeney being let go - it's them being in cahoots in terms of planning an announcement of more than just the extension and, as usual, shooting themselves in the foot by having no grasp of optics whatsoever.
The only place this is being looked at as "bad optics" is this board. No one else is worried about it at all.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It's not public humiliation, and it's not Sweeney being let go - it's them being in cahoots in terms of planning an announcement of more than just the extension and, as usual, shooting themselves in the foot by having no grasp of optics whatsoever.
Maybe they want to wait and pair it with Bergeron's contract and a coach. . . or maybe who the hell knows.

They certainly don't care about optics much. Tight lipped ship over there.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad