Management Is it possible Sweeney will not be back as GM? No. Sweeney signs extension.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Even by Bruins standards, the silence on Sweeney's status this late in June is uncharted territory. The 2022 NHL Draft is 15 days away so something is not right.

My hunch is the suits in Buffalo were caught off guard by the negative reaction to Cassidy being made the scapegoat followed by Vegas hiring him 8 days later.

If Sweeney is out there is only one way they can go this late in the process - Cam remains as President but also becomes the GM.

Ive-got-a-bad-feeling.gif

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Even by Bruins standards, the silence on Sweeney's status this late in June is uncharted territory. The 2022 NHL Draft is 15 days away so something is not right.

My hunch is the suits in Buffalo were caught off guard by the negative reaction to Cassidy being made the scapegoat followed by Vegas hiring him 8 days later.

If Sweeney is out there is only one way they can go this late in the process - Cam remains as President but also becomes the GM.

It's doomsday Zaius, doomsday.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Really goes to show the lack of other employment options available to Sweeney. Typically when an employer lets your contract expire, but wants you to keep working anyway while they decide if they care to keep you or not, you tell them to go screw. At least when you have any sort of parallel option. What Neely is doing to Sweeney right now is truly a public humiliation.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

There is a worse, dumber and more unsettling option -- but I don't dare say it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Need a puke emoji....

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

“What a f***ing nightmare”

7A654709-FB8B-4A98-8CC1-EFA7BF3117C9.jpeg

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Really goes to show the lack of other employment options available to Sweeney. Typically when an employer lets your contract expire, but wants you to keep working anyway while they decide if they care to keep you or not, you tell them to go screw. At least when you have any sort of parallel option. What Neely is doing to Sweeney right now is truly a public humiliation.
Like the Habs did to Bergevin.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I didn’t think about that but yah this is definitely Public humiliation

Reminds me of Cersi on GoT

Good call

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad