News Article: Is history about to replay itself? Joe Sakic is shopping for a goalie

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Pretty ugly return... Jost is close to the "bust" edition... and Timmins's history with 1st rounders is legendary.

we love em reclamation projects. former 3rd line AHL center Danault is now our 1c, bottom 6 winger Armia is on our top 6, then we also have Nick Cousins and Jordan Weal always on our PP. Jost would fit in perfectly for better or for worse

Reactions: Deluded Puck

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
What is the max you can eat out of a contract? It would actually help out tank! Trade Price max retained for five 1st round picks or something. By 2026-2027 you'll have a team.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
we love em reclamation projects. former 3rd line AHL center Danault is now our 1c, bottom 6 winger Armia is on our top 6, then we also have Nick Cousins and Jordan Weal always on our PP. Jost would fit in perfectly for better or for worse
I have no problem taking a risk with Jost... but not as the center piece of a Drouin trade.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
On the outside looking into the playoffs yet again, following his comments to start the year I would be surprised if there hasn’t been a conversation between Pricer and MB about moving him to a contender. I thought he would be traded last off-season but really got the feeling he moves before the TDL

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
If they’re going to trade him, it better be for a haul that kickstarts the rebuild. And it better to be to any team other than Colorado. I can’t bear to watch Patrick Roy 2.0 for the next 7-10 years.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
If they’re going to trade him, it better be for a haul that kickstarts the rebuild. And it better to be to any team other than Colorado. I can’t bear to watch Patrick Roy 2.0 for the next 7-10 years.
Carey Price can't snif Patrick Roy's jock strap... I have zero worries about trading/getting rid of him... but I want good assets in return, not just a cap dump.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I don't think Price's head is in it anymore in Montreal. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he's moved. And frankly, it's not a bad thing. I can't see how we could do much worse with a different goalie.
I don't think you thought that one through.

Kincaid
Lindgren

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
You are waaaaayyyyy off here.............way off.

Roy had amazing teams in front of him, Price, not so much.
WTF you are talking about... you know he played for the habs not only the Avs right ? 86, 89 and 93 team were far from amazing... unlike Price, Roy excelled under pressure and always elevvated his play when it mattered. Price is a choke artist.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
WTF you are talking about... you know he played for the habs not only the Avs right ? 86, 89 and 93 team were far from amazing... unlike Price, Roy excelled under pressure and always elevvated his play when it mattered. Price is a choke artist.
You have a selective memory............go back and look at the teams in front of Roy, hall of famers not guys like DD Cousins and Weal !! lol

You also may have forgot, when the heat got turned up on Roy, he also wilted at times........ask Bourque and Neely.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Yup - like the pressure of not stopping a Cam Neely blue line slap shot in the playoffs. How many HOFers were on the 86 team again? Habs hasn’t lost to Bruins in the playoffs in close to 50-years till Roy started choking every year in the playoffs vs Bruins starting with collapse in 88. Wouldn’t have beaten Bruins in 93 without major Sabres upset let alone beat the Pens, same with Oilers in 86. Was outplayed pretty significantly in 89 by Vernon.

Roy was a great goalie without doubt but he had major flaws and the Habs teams he won with were far superior to the Habs teams Price has had in front of him...selective memory.

Price hasn’t had anything close to the following on his team;
- Naslund 100-point season (86 Cup)
- Richer two 50-goal seasons
- Big C Bobby Smith with multiple 80+ point seasons (86 Cup & 89 Cup finals)
- Damphousse with 97 point season (93 Cup)

Last edited:

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Sounds like someone who wasn’t watching NHL hockey at that time. Habs were far from a powerhouse like you are insinuating. Roy got conne smythes for just showing up. Sure.

Reactions: dralaf

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
If and mean IF price is moved, MB better come away with a haul
He'd only waive to go to a contender and they obviously would need a #1 goalie and have the cap space into the future. That's a pretty small market - depends I guess if this is initiated by the player (i.e. Price has had enough of sitting outside the playoffs) or the GM (penny has finally dropped they are not a contender even if Price played up to his contract). If Carey is pushing this I'm afraid what the return will be.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Seattle could probably fetch us a boat load of interesting pieces.:sarcasm:

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Price has such an emotional attachment to most fans. He's a fading superstar that would be shopped on a rebuilding team. But here we hang on to the legends while the W/L suffer greatly.
He should be jettisoned out of town with Weber so we can actually rebuild this team. It's a joke keeping these two .

Reactions: HabsFan76

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4