News Article: Is history about to replay itself? Joe Sakic is shopping for a goalie

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The article says they are looking for a depth goalie so most likely not.

ya , but Avs will be trading away a goalie ....right? crease will be way too full if they add another G....Montreal looking for a G?......What's Bergy doin in Colorado?

Also,

When Sakic said the word signalling "Long term" in regards to a goalie....just wondering if there 's a smoke show goin on ,,.,.

“I’m not here just looking short term. I’m paid to look after the big picture.” -Joe Sakic

Last edited:

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
Id say they trade for Bernier

I don't see any reason why Price would be involved , this is just impossible

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Colorado wants Price then they should offer a credible package for Price.

It's fine if Price wins a Cup in Colorado.

I would be absolutely thrilled for Price if he wins a Cup with another team. The return better be worth it and not be a repeat of the Roy trade. But even if it's underwhelming from the Habs perspective, I'd still be happy to see Price win it.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Both their goalies have been good this year. I don't imagine they'd trade for Price, even if all we wanted was a draft pick. He costs too much salary.

i remember people saying the exact same thing about Theodore and Aebischer before we dumped Theo’s bad contract on them. He was making $5.3 million for 3 years in a brand new salary cap era where the cap was in the $30 millions and 3 years was considered a decently long term. Stranger things have happened. That said, I think Sakic is seriously considering Tatar which is what we’re seeing. There would be a lot of dynamics to a trade for Price that playoff teams/contenders wouldn’t want to invest all their time into as a deadline deal. It would have to be done in the offseason in my opinion if Price was actually being considered as a moveable option.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I don't think Bergevin can trade Price unless Price asked for it.
Only a new GM could do it.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
You have to wonder really.Maybe Price was already asked or vice versa.You couldn't blame him if he did.This dumpster fire is going nowhere anytime soon and Price is not getting any younger.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
You have to wonder really.Maybe Price was already asked or vice versa.You couldn't blame him if he did.This dumpster fire is going nowhere anytime soon and Price is not getting any younger.

I keep hearing in my head Price saying he wants to win now....then soon after Molson says will be a contender 3 to 8 years from now....(there's 2 guys there not on the same page..lol)

That 3 to 8years doesn't fit Price's time line...

i dunno....

Reactions: mariolemieux66

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
Bernier already played for the Avs....can't see them bringing him back rght?
Just a backup goalie that you can trust , many teams this season are looking for 2 good goalies.
Montreal , Toronto Florida.... etc
Boston is a rare case

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad