Confirmed with Link: Is Glen Sather Stepping Down? [UPDATE: Yes]

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
What about Leafs Assistant GMs Brandon Pridham or Laurence Gilman? I hope the Rangers would interview both of them at least.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That was my first impression when the news that Sather was stepping aside came out
I think that they will bring some people in to interview, but in the end I believe that this will be Gorton's show. He is building the team with a vision. I think that he is going to get a chance to expand that vision to the entire organization.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
Why? So the Rangers can waste all their money on 45 goal scorers? No thank you.

Because Pridham is the one who set up what the salary cap is for the current CBA, I think him being the guy who is running the cap/business side while Gorton runs the hockey ops would be a solid combo. Rather have that than JD honestly.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
What about Leafs Assistant GMs Brandon Pridham or Laurence Gilman? I hope the Rangers would interview both of them at least.
I like Pridham, I think before he becomes a president he should become a gm first. Maybe if they were to promote Jg to president they could bring Pridham in as gm.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Because Pridham is the one who set up what the salary cap is for the current CBA, I think him being the guy who is running the cap/business side while Gorton runs the hockey ops would be a solid combo. Rather have that than JD honestly.
I was joking. I actually like 45 goal scorers.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
upload_2019-4-26_19-25-36.png

Davidson didn't say he isn't interested in the job.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hes going to go from having the team with the worst farm in the league to a team with the best one in 2 years time.

Thats pretty exceptional. Their first line center was also acquired by him, their best D this season? Yup, also by him, both of which were pretty unpopular moves.

They had to rebuild because they blew their wad trying to get a cup when they were close. No one is at fault for that (Sather, if you want to point fingers at anyone), because if there is a time to do that, that is the time to do it.
I’m way behind in this thread... but terrific post.

Reactions: egelband

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
If it isn't JD then I think Gorton becomes President/GM.

And I'm sure the Rangers are doing their due diligence and interviewing others even though it hasn't become public knowledge.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
We'll here we go...Jackets are out, I would expect before the end of the week JD is back with the Rangers...sooner than later.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Have to figure he’ll get the week for CBJ breakup and media day, and then we’ll start seeing any movement regarding JD, right?
I dont think...dont the Rangers have their big internal meeting very soon? I would assume they want him there for that.

Still think hes signed by the end of the week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad