Speculation: Is Georgiev LA bound now?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Seems like they should be good with Petersen going forward. There doesn't appear to be a burning need for Georgiev to LA at all.

Good enough, maybe.
Better w/Geo in addition to/or instead of Petey? Likely.

But whether or not LAK want to pay, that is another ?.
At min Geo = a substantial price.
Kings and others must decide what it is worth to have some quality in net.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
You said the same thing in the Campbell trade thread and i asked you to back this up in there, which you didn't....care to back it up in here?
I did already. Not going to debate with you in both threads. Both average backups that will make no difference to the Leafs with their defense.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Not sure what you think you got with Campbell but I can tell you will be grossly disappointed if you think you got anything close to good.
Again...skip ahead to 5:34 and tell me Campbell isn't better than this. I will again state...this play happened 34 seconds after the Leafs scored to make it 3-2.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
My condolences then

Look, you have no idea what you’re talking about if your slamming Cal Petersen. We get it, you made yourself look a fool even posting this thread and are trying to save face. The more you try, the more you come off looking even more foolish attempting to justify it. You should probably just stop but you do you.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good enough, maybe.
Better w/Geo in addition to/or instead of Petey? Likely.

But whether or not LAK want to pay, that is another ?.
At min Geo = a substantial price.
Kings and others must decide what it is worth to have some quality in net.

LA is probably content with Petersen and trying to find a way to phase Quick out. There hasn't been any indication that they aren't anything but happy with Cal's progress and he's right at the beginning of prime age for netminders. Now if they decide to shuffle the deck and find a patsy to take on Quick's contract and flagging play (and as always in that light, I look at the buffoon in Buffalo who seems like the rube who will either make that trade or offer Holtby ridiculous money if he's allowed to this summer), then maybe they look at a Georgiev tandem. But right now, they should be content to let things unfold. I would assume other teams would be more eager to bite on Georgiev while they're waiting too.

But I get the appeal to NYR fans who think it's a fit - the Kings have a barrel full of prospects that most teams should be envious of and the return on Georgiev should be something tasty. But I don't think the Kings are that team to bite right now.

Reactions: crassbonanza

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
They better hope LA is interested. I think Rangers overplayed their hand. Leafs didn't fall for it and shored up their net elsewhere for much cheaper.
I do feel like they were asking too much but also were not too worried about moving him. One of those overpay or we keep him situations.

Don't see LA trading for a goalie. That is usually your last area of concern when rebuilding.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Again...skip ahead to 5:34 and tell me Campbell isn't better than this. I will again state...this play happened 34 seconds after the Leafs scored to make it 3-2.

So if I go through games and games of Campbell I won't see him make a mistake? Are you really bases this discussion over a single play from yesterday night? C'on.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
I do feel like they were asking too much but also were not too worried about moving him. One of those overpay or we keep him situations.

Don't see LA trading for a goalie. That is usually your last area of concern when rebuilding.
If that other guy is gonna be a #1 starter playing 60 games, then Georgiev will be redundant.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
So if I go through games and games of Campbell I won't see him make a mistake? Are you really bases this discussion over a single play from yesterday night? C'on.
No, but that play sums up Hutch in a nut shell. You can have your opinion, but i have watched every minute of Hutch's play. The only game in which his play actually was a determining factor positively, was his last start in Ottawa. Other than that, he's been disappointing to downright trash. He came into the Florida game and had a 3-1 lead with 19 minutes to go...gave up 3 goals on 13 shots. The guy can't be relied upon at all. I'm not saying Campbell is a vezina winner, but if he's average as you say, he's a big upgrade.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Campbell was traded specifically to clear the goaltending logjam in front of Petersen. LA is going with Petersen. Honestly, the Kings have a magnificent track record in goaltending over the past decade. I don't think they're too worried about the position... Bill Ranford has proven to be one of the most elite goaltending coaches in the league.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Not saying Georgiev isnt a likely future starter, but the Kings are not the landing spot for him.

Behind Peterson, who will likely platoon with Quick for rest of the season and possibly take over by next season or continue the 1A/1B until deemed ready, we have multiple other netminders in our system coming up.

I dont see us giving up any assets of value for goaltender, thats not a position of weakness in our rebuild plans.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The dude that’s below .900 in AHL. Ok.
I now see you're one of those idiotic stats mongers that really doesn't understand them..
Quick, Campbell, Petersen have all been victims of poor defensive play..
LA has Doughty, 2 rookies, 2 recent IR patients and 2 non tendered players among their defensive corps.. Take that into account when making such ignorant comments!
As for Cal Petersen, you do realize that once Daniel Brickley went down the Reign had/have 3 rookies on the LHD right.. along with 2 iffy defensive players in Durzi and Strand and a suspect defensive guy in Kale Clague.. So again, understand the stats you're using in these arguments..
Quick has been pretty damn good outside of the first month of the season where we were winning/losing games in the 5-6, 4-7 and so on. Geo's stats are great either but that doesnt mean he sucks..
Jonathan Quick
Cal Petersen
Jacon Ingham
Lukas Parik
Matthew Villalta
David Hrenak
Thats a talented enough pipeline for an organization that churns out NHL goalies at will or did you think M.Jones and D.Keumper were just flukes?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
If that other guy is gonna be a #1 starter playing 60 games, then Georgiev will be redundant.
Heh. Goalies are voodoo. He may well work out as Rag fans hope but a little insurance isn't bad. Goalies of the future fall flat all the time. I recall a time we thought Pogge was a sure thing and traded Rask...not a great move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad