Is Crosby still a top 10 player in your eyes?

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
Borderline top 10 at this point. Still an elite player, a 1C on most teams. But when you consider for all positions (C,W,D,G) there are maybe 10 players that are better than him at this point.

Last edited:

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
The only forwards that are better are McDavid, Draisaitl, and Mackinnon. He’s absolutely top 10... possibly top 5.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
People putting Crosby in the top10 of PLAYERS apparently don't think any of the league's Dmen or goalies rank highly at all. Factoring those player groups in, Crosby absolutely isn't in the top10 any more.

They don't though. Hedman's really the only defenseman with the track record and recent play to justify a top 10 spot right now and goalies these days are too inconsistent year to year and are easier to replace than elite position players. For the majority of this board, I'd bet this is essentially asking if Crosby is a top 9 forward.

Reactions: Tkachuk4MVP

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I think Crosby should be 3rd in Hart votes.
So yeah, I think he's a top 10 player at the very least.

I'm a pretty vocal critic of his, who thinks OV has had the better career, I don't think he's "generational", and I put him maybe a the same tier as Jagr and Messier among the all-time greats.

So take my opinion with a grain of salt.
I'm not talking about contract, and I'm not talking about age.

If currently the spring of 2021, I need to win a series, and I have 10 marquee players to fill my roster out with, he is definitely one of those 10.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
I think Crosby should be 3rd in Hart votes.
So yeah, I think he's a top 10 player at the very least.

I'm a pretty vocal critic of his, who thinks OV has had the better career, I don't think he's "generational", and I put him maybe a the same tier as Jagr and Messier among the all-time greats.

So take my opinion with a grain of salt.
I'm not talking about contract, and I'm not talking about age.

If currently the spring of 2021, I need to win a series, and I have 10 marquee players to fill my roster out with, he is definitely one of those 10.

Jagr and Messier are not in the same tier as eachother so hard to evaluate where you rank Crosby.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think he probably is still a top 10 player. McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, McKinnon, Hedman, probably Kucherov (depending on health), then, in no particular order, I would place Crosby, Kane, Aho and Barkov. So yes, still top 10. And yes, I think only one defenseman is currently a top 10 player in the world. Although there are some young guys who could be banging on the door (Makar, Fox).

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
probably that 5-10 range for me. Still a good a scorer and he brings more to the table that just that. I think he's still top 10 for a year or 2.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
There’s a lot of ways to define what is meant by Top 10.

Let’s put it this way, however. There is definitely not 10 players I would take on my team going into these playoffs ahead of Crosby. There probably aren’t 5 though there’d be some tough decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad