Is Crosby still a top 10 player in your eyes?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
How often are you going to push this narrative before you start to feel silly doing it? I get that Ovechkin's "controller disconnect" meme has broken your psyche, but stop projecting.

But didn't you know? Giving up shorthanded goals against means you're not good defensively, even if you play down low on the PP.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Sid is absolutely fantastic and absolutely still a top 10 player. His IQ is off the charts and he still does everything right. He maybe not the exact same player he once was, but there is not a single player I would add to my roster for a playoff run over him.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
"How many players would you rather have leading your team going into the playoffs"?, might be a good way to rephrase the question. I don't know if I had Crosby I'd swap him out in favor of McDavid.

My Best-Carey

Reactions: wetcoast

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
A lot of defensive liability last night 2:25

Sid was a disaster when he was watching a double-teamed Evgeny Kuznetsov set up a late 3rd period game-tying goal.

Stopping that play would have been easy for any player was decent at defense.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Sid is the current day Joe Sakic, he’s going to be a top player until his last day.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Imagine using one play (and I don't even know what play you're talking about) to define a player.

Crosby has an entire career full of crappy defense to go on.

His career GA / 60 at ES is far from the players who are actually good at defense.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think 1 is obviously McDavid and MacKinnon and Draisaitl are debatable for #2 and #3. But beyond that, I really don't see a clear argument for any player definitely above Crosby. I'd probably put Matthews above Crosby after the year he has had, but this is the first year that Matthews has actually out-performed Crosby by a sizable margin. Maybe you can argue Panarin, but I think that argument is pretty stat-watchy, but that's really about it. I don't even see a legitimate argument for some of the names thrown out here.

You have a substantially stronger argument for Crosby being #5 than you have for Crosby being outside of the top-10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad