Is Crosby still a top 10 player in your eyes?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Top 10 yes. I don’t have him top 5 anymore but he’s still pretty damn good.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Probably, but barely. Just looking at forwards I think McDavid, Drai, Mathews, Marchand, Panarin is above him at this point. Then theres Kane, Marner, Stone, Rantanen, Huberdeu, Barkov, Oreilly, Bergeron, Pastrnak. Probably someone else im missing too. Crosby imo is somewhere inbetween those two groups. I guess you can even argue hes better than Marchand and Panarin, it is really hard to compare like that. Top15 for sure. Though, if you add in D-men aswell, he might not be in the top10.

Reactions: DeysArena

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Eh maybe. He's fringe top 10 I suppose. 14th in points over the past 3 seasons, 32nd in goals.

He's got a nice offensive upside but he's a defensive liability (not that it matters because he really isn't asked to play much defense).

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Probably, but barely. Just looking at forwards I think McDavid, Drai, Mathews, Marchand, Panarin is above him at this point. Then theres Kane, Marner, Stone, Rantanen, Huberdeu, Barkov, Oreilly, Bergeron, Pastrnak. Probably someone else im missing too. Crosby imo is somewhere inbetween those two groups. I guess you can even argue hes better than Marchand and Panarin, it is really hard to compare like that. Top15 for sure. Though, if you add in D-men aswell, he might not be in the top10.
MacKinnon

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Crosby is still a top 10 player but needs his line mates to succeed. And that isn’t a knock because he is getting up there in age.

Last edited by a moderator:

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
He should be, even part of Hart discussions maybe. Such a complete player with amazing leadership, benchmark level guy

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
How many posts into this thread before a goals vs. assists, or more cups vs. less/no cups arguments breaks out?

Black Kevin

I don't work my ass off
Nov 19, 2019
Raleigh
It's not McDavid vs MacKinnon, McDavid vs Draisaitl, or McDavid vs Kucherov. It's still Crosby vs McDavid. Three Cups, babe.

This message was brought to you buy HFBoards community.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Eh maybe. He's fringe top 10 I suppose. 14th in points over the past 3 seasons, 32nd in goals.

He's got a nice offensive upside but he's a defensive liability (not that it matters because he really isn't asked to play much defense).
Buddy, you voted for Ovechkin in the “Second Best Player in the NHL” poll.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006

Read this post... and thought to myself "Does this guy even watch hockey? He's claiming the opposite of what 95% of the rest of the universe sees and says."
Then I checked to see who posted it. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... never mind. No idea how you still have an account, buddy. :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad