Dallas is a Paper Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Dallas seems to be rolling now and Oettinger has really settled down in net. Pavelski doesn't look himself though, he's been a complete non-factor so far.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Dallas seems to be rolling now and Oettinger has really settled down in net. Pavelski doesn't look himself though, he's been a complete non-factor so far.
Classic HF effect, we fixed Slafkovsky, Lafreniere, Ovechkin and now the Stars. Simply put no NHL star wants to log on to HF and read bad things about themselves. I hear most coaches make it a point to spend at least 30 minutes reading HF out loud during player meetings

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
They are the hipster team right now because of their drafting and that they are an NHL Southern market and that they have a lot of good players without a big hole in their team.

But they aren't a team that scares you. They don't have any of the NHL's true elite players. Heiskanen might the closest they have, but lets face it most people aren't picking him over Makar, Fox, Hedman, Hughes. Robertson and Hintz are players that often get a reputation as underrated offensive players around the league, but they aren't even facing up to Stone and Eichel, let alone what a potential matchup with McDrai would like like. Oettinger has had a mediocre year and right now isn't the player he's known as.

Their young players are good, but not ready to carry them yet and they aren't like Bedard level guys either.
Just like some of your other takes… this is aging well

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
North or South?
why-not-both-why-not.gif

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
First off, the playoff format sucks. I'm tired of seeing the same matchups each year. Go back to 1 vs 8 etc. A lesser team than Dallas (like Edm) should not be getting an easier opponent.

Secondly, Dallas will win both games in Vegas. After that, who knows what happens.

Lastly, I don't agree that Dallas are paper tigers. They made the SCF & conference finals in the past four years.
God? Who wins the cup this season? Hopefully an underdog. If your powers extend to other sports, I'd appreciate knowing who wins the superbowl next. Hopefully not the chiefs though

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
The only problem I see is that there typically isn't such a thing as carry over momentum in the PO's. With 2 wins in a row, many have predicted that the Stars will win out, but the opposite of what we expect happens at least half the time, maybe more. I predict a game 7, TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad