Is Carey Price Overrated? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nynja*

Chris Ozgood has three stanley cup rings, where is he on the elite chart?

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
Price to me is not a top five goalie nor is he better than or accomplished more than Roberto Luongo.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Why not? The discussion in this thread is awesome! Although I have yet to know what "elite" truly means.

I just find it useless. Its a great way for other fans to bash on Carey and to troll the entire Has fan community. Price is top 5, period. He is underrated by some fans who likes to hate on us for nos reasons and he is overrated by some Montreal's fans as well. This thread will never end :laugh:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
The issue with Price is that he started in the league so young and he had his ups and downs in the NHL and not in the AHL. If we forget the off year he had in the shortened 2012-2013 NHL season, he's actually been very consistent in the last 5 years.

Since the 2010-2011 season (including his "off year"), he has a 137-98-27 record, a .920 save percentage and a 2.39 GAA.

People have said that he's garbage in the playoffs, but in the playoffs since 2010-2011, he has a .920 save percentage and a 2.43 GAA.

Add to that the great olympics he had last year.

He seems to be getting better and better, and I think his stats will reflect that at the end of the year. I would say he's top 5 in the league right now with the possibility of being top 3 in the next year or two.

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
It's pretty tough to make a top-5 without including Price. I guess you could argue that Rinne, Lundqvist, Luongo, Bobrovsky and Quick or Rask maybe are better. But at this point I take Price before all these guys.

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
I just find it useless. Its a great way for other fans to bash on Carey and to troll the entire Has fan community. Price is top 5, period. He is underrated by some fans who likes to hate on us for nos reasons and he is overrated by some Montreal's fans as well. This thread will never end :laugh:
Or maybe its that people don't support your opinion.

My opinion doesn't bash Carey. I think he's great but not elite. I have him ranked six currently. My defintion of elite is probably different than yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Or maybe its that people don't support your opinion.

My opinion doesn't bash Carey. I think he's great but not elite. I have him ranked six currently. My defintion of elite is probably different than yours.

So who are your top 5 that are currently above Price and which goalies do you consider to be "elite" in the NHL?

DaHabMan

Sep 23, 2008
Lasalle
im sure ppl watched the highlights of last nights game f mtl vs ott. that goal he let in was brutal...safe to say that no elite goalie would let in that type of goal let alone a soft one. he is DEFINITELY overrated. that hab fanbase at it again like they do for every player. galchenyuk is being overhyped like crazy too. good future second line maybe first line centerman.

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
So who are your top 5 that are currently above Price and which goalies do you consider to be "elite" in the NHL?

1. Lundqvist
2.Quick
3.Rinne
4. Luongo
5. Rask
6.Price
7.Crawford

Before I had Crawford higher than Price. On a side note Bernier has made my top ten.
Bob is starting to heat up and Schneider is still a force.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
1. Lundqvist
2.Quick
3.Rinne
4. Luongo
5. Rask
6.Price
7.Crawford

Before I had Crawford higher than Price. On a side note Bernier has made my top ten.
Bob is starting to heat up and Schneider is still a force.

About 2 weeks ago, you had Crawford above Price, and now you have him below Price.

In the time between these changes, Crawford hasn't played a game due to injury.

What is your reasoning for these changes? Didn't think your original list through properly?:laugh:

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
About 2 weeks ago, you had Crawford above Price, and now you have him below Price.

In the time between these changes, Crawford hasn't played a game due to injury.

What is your reasoning for these changes? Didn't think your original list through properly?:laugh:

Crawford played last night, and wasn't particularly that good.

Happy to help.

Mynameismark*

All I can really say is that he's one of the best now, and we haven't even seen him at his peak years yet. Most goalies reach their pinnacles later on in their careers.

Price is a stud.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
All I can really say is that he's one of the best now, and we haven't even seen him at his peak years yet. Most goalies reach their pinnacles later on in their careers.

That's not really true, once you normalize for era.

habscup*

Rinne,Price,Lundqvist, Rask and Quick are top 5 and have been for a while now. The order doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad