Is anyone else sick of Joe Bowen?

member 147413

Bowen is wrong on a players name more often then he's right... That's really really bad for a guy who's job is to commentate.

I enjoy the stories, his voice and laughter, I just want him to get names right.

Remuskokafication

Jul 7, 2008
Scarborough
Damien cox is apparently tired of him

"@DamoSpin Wonder how Leaf TV crew will giggle when suspensions come down. Clarkson's gone for 10. But knuckledraggers get their jollies."

"@DamoSpin 1h
John Scott is, of course, a complete clown. Bloodthirsty glee of Leaf TV crew is pathetic."

I appreciate having differing opinions on this sort of thing but I always there was more of a mutual professional respect between media members.

GreekLeafer

Dec 6, 2010
Ottawa
Damien cox is apparently tired of him

" Wonder how Leaf TV crew will giggle when suspensions come down. Clarkson's gone for 10. But knuckledraggers get their jollies."

" 1h
John Scott is, of course, a complete clown. Bloodthirsty glee of Leaf TV crew is pathetic."

I appreciate having differing opinions on this sort of thing but I always there was more of a mutual professional respect between media members.

Ughh he's such an ultra-liberal clown

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Yes I'm sick of the guy. He's an old man telling stories about his past and making inside jokes with his associates, rather than commentating on the plays. It gets really annoying every time he laughs as a result of his lame inside jokes that no one else understands.

thunderhawk905*

Bowen's fine, i just don't like his off topic conversations sometimes.

Well you certainly won't enjoy Harry Neale then. He was going off like that tonight.

After Bowen announced and thanked all the commentators tonight, he also mentioned the "insignificants" working for Leafs TV. Maybe I heard it wrong and as much as I dislike the channel, that was pretty offside of him to say...

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
It's pre-season and you guys are complaining about them going off-topic? What's next pissed because players aren't celebrating after goals?

Jatt

Sep 28, 2005
Yes I'm sick of the guy. He's an old man telling stories about his past and making inside jokes with his associates, rather than commentating on the plays. It gets really annoying every time he laughs as a result of his lame inside jokes that I don't understand.

Fixed.

thatshype

Jul 3, 2010
Yes I'm sick of the guy. He's an old man telling stories about his past and making inside jokes with his associates, rather than commentating on the plays. It gets really annoying every time he laughs as a result of his lame inside jokes that no one else understands.

I don't mind his anecdotes and whatnot between plays, but the guy is turning into such a windbag that he just straight up STOPS calling the play-by-play for up to a minute of actual game-time. It's ridiculous. Yes I know you've been in hockey a long time and know a lot of old-time players and stories, but I tune in to watch TODAY'S game, and when his stories get in the way of my enjoyment of the game, I get frustrated with him.

I want the names of the players touching the puck. Not anecdotes.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Sick of Bowen? No.

I'm sick of losing. That's all.

I dont care if he says 'What a goal by Nikolai Koolaid, and great assists from Nazem Kadillac and Tyler Prozack! Holy Mackinaw!' -- All I care is that they scored a ****ing goal.

I don't care who's calling the game. I care that this team looks worse than last year's.

I'm done with this thread.

Not to hijack the thread but...

How does this years team look worse than last?

ScotsLeaf

Aug 29, 2013
Balloch,Scotland
Yep laughing Joe Bowen formerly of Notre Dame is starting to drive me crazy.

On the plus side he was pronouncing Jamie Devane's name correctly,somebody must have had a word with him and told him it isn't Devoan.

ScotsLeaf

Aug 29, 2013
Balloch,Scotland
I don't mind his anecdotes and whatnot between plays, but the guy is turning into such a windbag that he just straight up STOPS calling the play-by-play for up to a minute of actual game-time. It's ridiculous. Yes I know you've been in hockey a long time and know a lot of old-time players and stories, but I tune in to watch TODAY'S game, and when his stories get in the way of my enjoyment of the game, I get frustrated with him.

I want the names of the players touching the puck. Not anecdotes.

Sums it up beautifully for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad