Is anyone else sick of Joe Bowen?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He’s gone downhill since the OP, for sure. I don’t even care to listen to him now when he’s doing radio hits, let alone a game.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
How can you dislike Joe?

However, 'HOOOOO-LY MACKINAWWWW!'

I remember that used to come out only a few times a year for crazy stuff - Felix flashing the leather, Gary Roberts smashing some guy, Mats coming up in the clutch.

Now we get 2-3 a game.

James Blackley

Nov 7, 2021
Wow, what a blast from the past. Lotta good Leafs posters back then

I remember listening to him in highschool during their epic 2002 run, guy was a beaut, I wish he could broadcast all leaf home games for SN/CBC.

True story- I went to high school with his son Derek (he was in a few of my classes), and me and my team used to battle his team in hours long games of road hockey back in the day, for a big guy he was surprisingly fast. Also, one of my buddies lived two doors down from Bowen, he got kicked out by the wifey for cheating on her.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
geez, i was post #22 ...darn, i'm old.
...and i said "Jim Hughson is alot better" which technically he is, but, SO biased its sickening, he wasnt that bad 10 years ago though.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I used to get so aggravated at the banter between Paul Hendrick and Bowen during the TV broadcast's back in the 2010's. But I am realizing now, that they were likely talking about nonsense half the time because the play on the ice was not worth talking about during that era lol.

I've come to really miss Joe Bowen on the TV broadcast. His passion is unbeatable, and I love watching his calls on youtube paired with the TV feed.

that said, I really don't know if anyone calls a better neutral game than Cuthbert. Guy is an absolute legend IMO.

Bob Cole/Harry Neale will always be my favorite duo. So much nostalgia for me living back my favorite era of the Leafs in the late 90's early 2000's

My Mt Rushmore of announcers:

Bob Cole, Chris Cuthbert, Joe Bowen, Harnryan Singh

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad