OT: Iron Chef HFNYR (Recipes/Game Meal or Snack Pics)

S A W F T*

Ate about 3 pounds of food today since breakfast.

This thread still make me hungry again. Some of you look like outstanding chefs.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Please advise toppings.
Uh I made a sort of sauce which consisted of

half n half
grated parmesan
garlic
butter
chopped prosciutto

and with 5 minutes left i dumped chopped chicken, provolone, and arrabiatta sauce on top. :laugh:

My philosophy when at a culinary fork in the road (pun intended): just use everything. #yolo

Last edited:

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Uh I made a sort of sauce which consisted of

half n half
grated parmesan
garlic
butter
chopped prosciutto

and with 5 minutes left i dumped chopped chicken, provolone, and arrabiatta sauce on top. :laugh:

My philosophy when at a culinary fork in the road (pun intended): just use everything. #yolo

That sauce + rigatoni = :popcorn:

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
My sister in NC did Thanksgiving this year so we had no leftovers when we got home. I had to do the turkey dinner last night. Chicken tonight, therefore a Ranger win. :)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's funny---we had two thanksgiving's---one on thursday at my sister's house and the second on Saturday at my mother-in-law's house (which by the way forced me to miss watching the last debacle against the Flyers). When we go to my sister's house---the booze is out in full force---the mother-in-laws's house it's all and only about food. I prefer my sister's house because given the choice I'd choose a beer over a turkey leg (though I do like turkey quite a lot) though the beer will have to be a good one and preferably an IPA. My wife prefers her mom's--more into the eating part.

Anyway to my sister's house. I brought beer and some Peach Pie moonshine I'd made from boiling peach cider (that I got from a trip to North Carolina in September) with a peach malt liquor drink and some canned peaches, sugar, a bit of cinnamon and vanilla and when it cools down you mix in 190 proof everclear. It's a variation of Apple Pie moonshine.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
It's funny---we had two thanksgiving's---one on thursday at my sister's house and the second on Saturday at my mother-in-law's house (which by the way forced me to miss watching the last debacle against the Flyers). When we go to my sister's house---the booze is out in full force---the mother-in-laws's house it's all and only about food. I prefer my sister's house because given the choice I'd choose a beer over a turkey leg (though I do like turkey quite a lot) though the beer will have to be a good one and preferably an IPA. My wife prefers her mom's--more into the eating part.

Anyway to my sister's house. I brought beer and some Peach Pie moonshine I'd made from boiling peach cider (that I got from a trip to North Carolina in September) with a peach malt liquor drink and some canned peaches, sugar, a bit of cinnamon and vanilla and when it cools down you mix in 190 proof everclear. It's a variation of Apple Pie moonshine.

Wow!! That is something I'd love to try! I'd be flat on the floor, but I'd love to try it just the same. :)

member 116805

If any of you culenary masterminds have a recepie for home made breakfast saucage id be greatful!

*Bob Richards*

This is literally the greatest thing I have ever heard of.

Tomas Sandstrom 28

Aug 3, 2005
Any of you chefs cooking a holiday dinner? If so, what are you making?

Even if you're not cooking, what are your holiday meal traditions?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Any of you chefs cooking a holiday dinner? If so, what are you making?

Even if you're not cooking, what are your holiday meal traditions?

Christmas eve is usually a day filled with appetizers and a seafood dinner. Pitted dates with bacon, deviled eggs, spinach and artichoke dip, warm crab dip, etc. Dinner is usually crab legs and lobster tails for most of us and then my wife and sister will eat chicken as neither of them are big on seafood.

Christmas day is pretty simple. Potatoes (whole roasted and mashed), tons of different casseroles and some steaks.

Oh. I forgot the most important part. Eggnog on ice with a shot of Jack Daniels in it to give it some really good zip. After 2-3 it is usually just JD on ice :laugh:

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Christmas eve is usually a day filled with appetizers and a seafood dinner. Pitted dates with bacon, deviled eggs, spinach and artichoke dip, warm crab dip, etc. Dinner is usually crab legs and lobster tails for most of us and then my wife and sister will eat chicken as neither of them are big on seafood.

Christmas day is pretty simple. Potatoes (whole roasted and mashed), tons of different casseroles and some steaks.

Oh. I forgot the most important part. Eggnog on ice with a shot of Jack Daniels in it to give it some really good zip. After 2-3 it is usually just JD on ice :laugh:
That sounds so good! Christmas Eve we do seafood too, but something like spaghetti w/clam sauce and maybe some shrimp and scallops. Christmas Day we have a tray of my lasagna with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole, but this year I am trying a broccoli and cauliflower with cheddar cheese sauce for a change.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
That sounds so good! Christmas Eve we do seafood too, but something like spaghetti w/clam sauce and maybe some shrimp and scallops. Christmas Day we have a tray of my lasagna with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole, but this year I am trying a broccoli and cauliflower with cheddar cheese sauce for a change.

We used to do Spaghetti w/ clam sauce. Such a good meal. I can't eat it anymore unfortunately and that is part of the reason we stopped making it. We still do shrimp but no scallops.

Lasagna on xmas... yep. That sounds awesome. When we lived in NY, things were much more traditional (well, traditional for an Italian family anyway). When we moved to the south and it became just us, we started deviating from tradition.

Cheddar cheese sauce?? Hell yes. Cheese sauce makes everything better.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
We used to do Spaghetti w/ clam sauce. Such a good meal. I can't eat it anymore unfortunately and that is part of the reason we stopped making it. We still do shrimp but no scallops.

Lasagna on xmas... yep. That sounds awesome. When we lived in NY, things were much more traditional (well, traditional for an Italian family anyway). When we moved to the south and it became just us, we started deviating from tradition.

Cheddar cheese sauce?? Hell yes. Cheese sauce makes everything better.

Oh, I can relate to that. My aunt used to do the big Christmas Eve with all the seven fishes. Oh, how I miss that. Our family is all over the country now too so it isn't the same but you have to try to make the most of it.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The Italian Christmas Eve is my favorite meal of the year. Made crab-stuffed calamari in red sauce last year and it was ****ing amazing.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Balsamic-braised brisket with bacon and mushrooms.

/thread

Can't argue with this!

Oh, I can relate to that. My aunt used to do the big Christmas Eve with all the seven fishes. Oh, how I miss that. Our family is all over the country now too so it isn't the same but you have to try to make the most of it.

My grandmother did that every year. So delicious...

The Italian Christmas Eve is my favorite meal of the year. Made crab-stuffed calamari in red sauce last year and it was ****ing amazing.

:amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad