Interesting Info: Part XXI (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tulisuudelmasi

Sep 25, 2020
The postponement of the global series featuring the Blue Jackets in Helsinki has resulted in some unseen consequences as well. Like the continued wrath of the Swedish virus, Blue Jackets general manager succession remains unclear as Jarmo has no sons from his seed. Rick Nash serpentining his way into the front office has awakened what strength remains in Savonia, the homeland of Jarmo Kekäläinen.

185959_68_28200_eqHvRtkzB.jpg

The happening in Helsinki or more detailed, in the sauna suite of Hartwall Arena, was were Kekäläinen was planned to be introduced to a man who calls himself Jorma the son of Jarmo. Jorma also claims heritage through his mother's side, who is of the European branch of the usurped clan MacLean. Since everyone's travel plans have recently become compromised I do not know the current whereabouts of Jorma Kekäläinen. But do not be afraid. Jorma Kekäläinen will only take what is his.

Reactions: thebus88

Tulisuudelmasi

Sep 25, 2020
Urheilulehti (not anymore the same Urheilulehti for whom Johtava wrote) asked about Ville Siren over one story told about him.

A legend tells that a flight attendant once asked from Ville Siren of Pittsburgh Penguins in a plane: "Coffee?" Siren said, "No, I am Ville Siren".

He didn't remember that happening when asked about it now.

Reactions: thebus88

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Site rules don’t say you can’t have opinions that go against the grain. Site rules concern how opinions are expressed.

Please return now to your previously unscheduled Interesting Info.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The postponement of the global series featuring the Blue Jackets in Helsinki has resulted in some unseen consequences as well. Like the continued wrath of the Swedish virus, Blue Jackets general manager succession remains unclear as Jarmo has no sons from his seed. Rick Nash serpentining his way into the front office has awakened what strength remains in Savonia, the homeland of Jarmo Kekäläinen.

185959_68_28200_eqHvRtkzB.jpg

The happening in Helsinki or more detailed, in the sauna suite of Hartwall Arena, was were Kekäläinen was planned to be introduced to a man who calls himself Jorma the son of Jarmo. Jorma also claims heritage through his mother's side, who is of the European branch of the usurped clan MacLean. Since everyone's travel plans have recently become compromised I do not know the current whereabouts of Jorma Kekäläinen. But do not be afraid. Jorma Kekäläinen will only take what is his.

Can't we just go to Jorma Kaukonen's farm in southern Ohio and talk about Jefferson Airplane?

Reactions: Halfboard

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
I just noticed Alison Lukan dropped an article on 1st Ohio Battery today. Not sure if that is her first there, but glad to see it seems she'll continue to write about the CBJ somewhere

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Reactions: Monk

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
In Portzline's most recent Q&A he dropped this tidbit in reference to the Jeff Carter from Philly trade:

"But, yeah, that's a crusher, and there's an aspect of that trade that's never been told. Someday, I promise."

Any idea what he's referring to?

EDIT: Here's the link for you Athletic subscribers: Recap: Blue Jackets reporter Aaron Portzline talked NHL Draft, offseason moves
I'm not sure what Porty is referencing, but the consensus seems to be that Jeff Carter should have refused to report - and made his refusal clear immediately.

Carter would have become an unrestricted free agent and been able to sign with whomever he wanted. He had taken a sweetheart deal to be in Philly and almost certainly would have made as much if not more elsewhere.

The Jackets meanwhile would have been able to petition the league to have the trade nullified.

The only party who would have lost out was Philly with Holmgren who had reneged on his verbal promise to Carter not to trade him before the NTC kicked in.

Reactions: Monk

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
In Portzline's most recent Q&A he dropped this tidbit in reference to the Jeff Carter from Philly trade:

"But, yeah, that's a crusher, and there's an aspect of that trade that's never been told. Someday, I promise."

Any idea what he's referring to?

EDIT: Here's the link for you Athletic subscribers: Recap: Blue Jackets reporter Aaron Portzline talked NHL Draft, offseason moves

He always used to mention that that trade was a Mike Priest special, that he had a huge hard on for Carter at the time and essentially forced Howson to make the deal. Not sure what else Portzline is up to here, but he does this way too much and it's one of the many things that makes him so annoying.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I know you all love my "inside-journalism" takes...

But if you've got info you either agreed not to make public or that you're choosing to not reveal in deference to an individual with whom you maintain a working relationship or whatever, then you have to just eat it, no matter how much you wish you could share it.

Edit:
‘Eating it’ includes hinting at it or saying it exists but it can’t be told.

Last edited:

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I know you all love my "inside-journalism" takes...

But if you've got info you either agreed not to make public or that you're choosing to not reveal in deference to an individual with whom you maintain a working relationship or whatever, then you have to just eat it, no matter how much you wish you could share it.

Edit:
‘Eating it’ includes hinting at it or saying it exists but it can’t be told.

tumblr_mastw3IfSA1rp68cjo6_r2_250.gif

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Station wasn't the same after Andyman died...I ended up not listening to the station for years but decided on a whim to turn it on last week and while the newer music was whatever, they still played decent stuff. Will always love them for connecting me with Muse.

Reactions: Fro

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
CD102.5 is going off the airwaves tonight at midnight and going online only. This will be a problem for the CBJ when there are conflicts with OSU sports on 97.1 and 1460.

Maybe not. 97.1 has 3 HD signals. The second one is the AM signal. The 3rd one (HD3) was sometimes used for Crew games when other teams had the 97.1 FM (HD1) and 1460 AM (97.1 HD2) signal.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Maybe not. 97.1 has 3 HD signals. The second one is the AM signal. The 3rd one (HD3) was sometimes used for Crew games when other teams had the 97.1 FM (HD1) and 1460 AM (97.1 HD2) signal.
I pretty much strictly listen to satellite radio with the rare exception of going to FM for CBJ games when driving. How many cars are capable of HD radio? I have a 2017 Nissan that is not.

Reactions: Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad