Interesting Info: Part XXI (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Fan voted CBJ team of all time

Nash
PLD
Panarin
Werenski
Jones
Bob

I’ve no idea what PLD has done to deserve it, RyJo was better in my opinion..
Johansen:
upload_2020-11-2_15-25-4.png

upload_2020-11-2_15-23-43.png

upload_2020-11-2_15-24-19.png

upload_2020-11-2_15-30-29.png

PLD:
upload_2020-11-2_15-24-46.png

upload_2020-11-2_15-25-37.png

Pretty simple, PLD has put together a better three-season stretch than Johansen ever did. Also has better point shares. He's basically matched Johansen's even-strength point production in 75 fewer games (Johansen had 3 more goals and 2 more assists at EV in his entire CBJ career than PLD has right now).

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-2_15-23-32.png
    upload_2020-11-2_15-23-32.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 3

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
CD102.5 is going off the airwaves tonight at midnight and going online only. This will be a problem for the CBJ when there are conflicts with OSU sports on 97.1 and 1460.

This is terrible to hear. While I’m usually hooked into SiriusXM in my main vehicle, 102.5 is my go to station when driving other vehicles. Been a CD101 listener since the beginning and would agree with @Jovavic that loosing AndyMan was a tough blow to the station. So along with WOXY’s demise some years ago - which by the way took this same path - two of Ohio’s best stations are gone from the airwaves.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Fan voted CBJ team of all time

Nash
PLD
Panarin
Werenski
Jones
Bob

I’ve no idea what PLD has done to deserve it, RyJo was better in my opinion..

If we’re going by talent. This list is pretty good.

If we’re going on production as a CBJ, Panarin shouldn’t be on this list.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I don't know the criteria for the list but if "production" as in points is the concern, Panarin had more production in two seasons than Dubois has in three, and almost as much as Johansen had in four and a half seasons.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I don't know the criteria for the list but if "production" as in points is the concern, Panarin had more production in two seasons than Dubois has in three, and almost as much as Johansen had in four and a half seasons.

Which goes to show how putrid our center ice position has been.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I don't want to start a new thread for this and there appear to be no Tex threads in the last eighteen months. So this thread seemed like the best lace for my comment.

I was reading AP's article today in TA featuring the overseas experiences of three young CBJ players choosing to stay sharp and hone their hockey skills playing in Europe this fall.

I found AP's writeup about Tex moving. Perhaps this was covered more for those of you in Columbus but as a Granite Stater the news did not pop on my radar. Tex's grandfather passed away during this past season but Tex did not necessarily share the info right away and played through his internal pain that same night. It must have been so hard for a young man living across the ocean from his family and unable to be with them at such an emotionally difficult time.

He is now going through a similar situation with his grandmother...but maybe the concious decision to get to France and be with family and I am glad to hear she is doing better.

We know the story of how Gerbe returned to the US from playing in Europe a couple of years ago just so he could be near his ailing father. I think we as fans often times discount that these players are professionals but also humans and just expect them to be super-human when we have no idea what is going on in their personal lives. When my grandfather passed away I told my professors I was going to be gone a few days for a funeral and nothing else mattered in that moment, I cannot imagine suiting up for a professional hockey game.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don't want to start a new thread for this and there appear to be no Tex threads in the last eighteen months. So this thread seemed like the best lace for my comment.

I was reading AP's article today in TA featuring the overseas experiences of three young CBJ players choosing to stay sharp and hone their hockey skills playing in Europe this fall.

I found AP's writeup about Tex moving. Perhaps this was covered more for those of you in Columbus but as a Granite Stater the news did not pop on my radar. Tex's grandfather passed away during this past season but Tex did not necessarily share the info right away and played through his internal pain that same night. It must have been so hard for a young man living across the ocean from his family and unable to be with them at such an emotionally difficult time.

He is now going through a similar situation with his grandmother...but maybe the concious decision to get to France and be with family and I am glad to hear she is doing better.

We know the story of how Gerbe returned to the US from playing in Europe a couple of years ago just so he could be near his ailing father. I think we as fans often times discount that these players are professionals but also humans and just expect them to be super-human when we have no idea what is going on in their personal lives. When my grandfather passed away I told my professors I was going to be gone a few days for a funeral and nothing else mattered in that moment, I cannot imagine suiting up for a professional hockey game.
I think everybody deals with grief differently. My grandfather passed away days before I was to be hosting an annual get-together with friends. I still went forward with it, because 1) it kept me busy, which was good, and 2) having friends around helped.

Reactions: Byrral and EspenK

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015

When I saw a team of fan favorites, I didn’t think talent or production.
I just thought it was who people liked the most.

Silly me........

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Not necessarily interesting, but certainly depressing:

It’s hard to believe that 24 players were drafted before Pastrnak in 2014, including 19 forwards — among them Michael Dal Colle, Jake Virtanen, Brendan Perlini and Sonny Milano.

Ugh.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So maybe I can get cbj games here w/o nhl package
It sort of sounds that they will still be regional based games with blackout rules. I can only assume doing something like this would involve a renegotiated agreement with sports leagues and teams. If this becomes a subscription based you know the NHL, NBA, MLB, and MLS will want their cut of the subscription costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad