Interesting Info: Part XX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I also wonder if Dubinsky was the "get your head out of your ass" voice in the locker room. I can see Foligno, Jones, and Atkinson being more of "we can do this guys" type of voices. I picture Jenner being quiet.

Nobody can replace Dubi's crazy eyes

Reactions: thebus88 and cslebn

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I like that Elvis is already top 10 in wins in franchise history.

We are a young team without a history of winning.

Wins

Also, 6 current players (counting Dubi) are among the top 10 in points in franchise history.

InfiniteElement

Jan 4, 2019
Sorry if wrong thread, but does anyone know when more info (tickets on sale, etc.) will be available on the 2020 NHL Global Series? We're to play Colorado, but that's all I'm able to find online. Ironically enough, we may be without most of our Finns at that time.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So for those of us with Youtube TV...

The good news is that they've agreed to a final deal. Fox Sports Ohio is staying on Youtube TV.

The bad news is that they've cut down channel availability from "regional market" to "primary market". So, for example, if you're in Columbus you don't get SportsTime Ohio. Which really sucks if, say, you're also following the Crew. And if you're not in the state, you may not even get that much.

I'm debating whether or not to do the switch; my next month's renewal comes up tomorrow. The problem is that when I gave Hulu a try, it was slow as f*** and refused to work on my phone.

Reactions: rotsbu

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV

The good news is that they've agreed to a final deal. Fox Sports Ohio is staying on Youtube TV.

The bad news is that they've cut down channel availability from "regional market" to "primary market". So, for example, if you're in Columbus you don't get SportsTime Ohio. Which really sucks if, say, you're also following the Crew. And if you're not in the state, you may not even get that much.

I'm debating whether or not to do the switch; my next month's renewal comes up tomorrow. The problem is that when I gave Hulu a try, it was slow as f*** and refused to work on my phone.

I decided to keep Hulu after the free trial in case no agreement was reached. I'm a fan of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Bobs Burgers so its worth keeping for that reason alone but it is definitely not as user-friendly ss YTTV was.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

i live in Dublin and came home to a notice that FSOhio was being removed however the channels are still there as of 3:20ET

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
ah looks like you’re right

damn, no Crew then. Unless they lift the blackouts on ESPN+. Or if I can log into Fox Sports app with YTTV credentials.
You can log into Fox Sports Go with YTTV; I've used it before and verified that it still works earlier today. I'm not sure if it's going to be a jerk about Crew games, tho.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Sorry if wrong thread, but does anyone know when more info (tickets on sale, etc.) will be available on the 2020 NHL Global Series? We're to play Colorado, but that's all I'm able to find online. Ironically enough, we may be without most of our Finns at that time.

News should be out by end of month...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Further, there are indications Dubois and coach John Tortorella might not be seeing eye to eye, with the exuberant Dubois pushing for a more aggressive offensive attack and the veteran coach insisting on a low-risk, defensively aware approach.

When Tortorella was pressed on Dubois’ struggles — he has one goal in the past 15 games and just three goals in his past 27 games — Tortorella refused to answer, repeatedly saying, “Ask (Dubois) the question.”

Tortorella does have a theory, “but I will not share the theory with you,” he told reporters.

A short while later, Dubois said he “didn’t know” why he’s experiencing a late-winter drought. When told Tortorella had a theory, Dubois smiled. “I have a theory, but I can’t share it, either.”

But Dubois took issue with the approach after a 5-4 loss in Minnesota late last month, saying, “When you’re just waiting for mistakes, it’s going to be a long game.”
When asked Friday whether the Blue Jackets’ style of play was too conservative, Dubois took a pass.

“I … don’t … really … wanna get into that,” he said. “But I think, you know, it’s about helping the team and whatever makes the team win.

“At the end of the day, we’re trying to make the playoffs, and if we make the playoffs, I don’t think anybody’s going to be upset about the number of points or anything they had. The playoffs are the playoffs. I’d rather have less points and be in the playoffs than more points and be home April 4, so it’s about the team.”

Blue Jackets need Pierre-Luc Dubois to start pulling his...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

The Josh Anderson thing

Columbus Blue Jackets power forward Josh Anderson hasn’t played since Dec. 14 and won’t play again this season. He underwent shoulder surgery last week and is looking at a lengthy four-to-six month rehab.

On an expiring contract and entering his final arbitration-eligible season, Anderson’s time with the Blue Jackets is widely expected to be at an end. And considering his size, offensive touch, his dominant form in the 2019 Stanley Cup playoffs and his connection with Horvat, as his former junior teammate, Anderson is a favourite speculative trade target of Canucks fans.

We even brought up the possibility of Vancouver making a push for Anderson prior to the trade deadline, as an option to make the club tougher.

Now here’s the thing, it’s worth bearing in mind that Anderson is a very unique player. A true power forward.

As such, the acquisition cost is likely to be prohibitive. The Armies understands, in fact, that the possibility of a trade that would’ve sent Vincent Trocheck to Columbus in exchange for Anderson was discussed by the Panthers and Blue Jackets ahead of the NHL trade deadline.

And, as we understand it, it was Columbus that said no.

Reactions: JKinCLE

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
[QUOTE="CBJWennberg10[/QUOTE]

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: cslebn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad