Interesting Info: Part XX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Going to hurt our team a lot. Good thing they are so young, they will only improve! :sarcasm:

just another player who doesn’t want to be here. Dubois is next.
Honestly with this one I'm blaming the agent who has a notorious history of being difficult.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to think that he's poisoned the mind of #77

"our doctors know more than the team doctors, they really screwed it up for you"

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Speaking of Luc he’s typically a terrible pre-game/in-game/post-game interview. However he broke down some plays with Jody recently and I don’t know if he’s just more relaxed or what but he’s so much less robotic here.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Honestly with this one I'm blaming the agent who has a notorious history of being difficult.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to think that he's poisoned the mind of #77

"our doctors know more than the team doctors, they really screwed it up for you"

I wonder if that's going on with Wennberg. If he manages to stay on the IR long enough, then he can't be bought out at 1/3rd of his contract. There's plenty of incentive for him to "not be 100%".

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I wonder if that's going on with Wennberg. If he manages to stay on the IR long enough, then he can't be bought out at 1/3rd of his contract. There's plenty of incentive for him to "not be 100%".

He's playing tonight isn't he?

EDIT: Maybe not. Off IR though.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
My next YTTV bill was due next week so at least I lucked out there. Otherwise I'm bummed about having to change streaming services only four months in.

Lucky!

I've signed up for Hulu LiveTV since that seems to be the remaining option... It doesn't look nearly as nice/logical as YTTV. It also doesn't seem to offer the same DVR capabilities.. but my biggest concern right now is CBJ away games so.. it fills the void for now.

Wifey is gonna have to deal with it :laugh:
YTTV seems to have ordered a stay of execution:
YouTube TV, Sinclair agree to 'temporary extension' to keep Fox Sports RSNs

I'm still seeing the channels in listings today.

Reactions: DJAnimosity and Fro

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I literally have no idea why, but an old CBJ player popped in my head that I honestly forgot about.

Nikita Nikitin.

wondered if he was still playing anywhere, he retired this past off season after finishing his career in the KHL.

any thoughts on the former Jacket defenseman?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I literally have no idea why, but an old CBJ player popped in my head that I honestly forgot about.

Nikita Nikitin.

wondered if he was still playing anywhere, he retired this past off season after finishing his career in the KHL.

any thoughts on the former Jacket defenseman?

i remember him being really solid when he came over from St Louis but then he got terribad soon after.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I’m sure he’s a decent person but this will forever be my memory of him. I was at this game and I swear my buddy and I didn’t stop laughing for 15 minutes.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
11. Only Vegas has fewer home games remaining than Columbus, as the Blue Jackets begin an enormous swing through Western Canada. Fourteen of their final 15 are against teams in playoff position or legitimately still alive. But they’re gutting it out, currently in the East’s final post-season spot despite an injury list longer than your right leg. GM Jarmo Kekalainen said Cam Atkinson is the closest to return, although it won’t be on this trip. Kekalainen doesn’t feel his players get enough credit.

“We had high expectation for ourselves,” he said this week. “People forget that the last three years, we had the fourth-most wins. Only Tampa Bay, Boston and Washington had more. Our core is pretty good. At the beginning of this year, with the players we lost, we had to go through the aggravation of people calling us out. They’re worthy of more respect. I felt really strongly about the group.” Jarmo pulls no punches.

12. Kekalainen jokes that he calls head athletic trainer Mike Vogt “Dr. Death. I tell him to get away from me.” But, he adds, “Everyone has injuries. You have to deal with them.” I asked him if there was anyone who particularly raised their game when absolutely necessary, but he won’t go there. “I don’t want to lift anyone above the group. This is about everybody doing everything they can.”

13. Other than the injuries, the only negative around the team is a deteriorating relationship with Josh Anderson. The winger will not play again this season due to injury. He’s a restricted free agent, eligible for unrestricted free agency in 2021. Even though he can’t play for anyone else until September, there were rumblings another team was interested in getting a leg up on trying to acquire him now. Kekalainen would not discuss that, but did say, “We always consider all options. He’s got arbitration rights. He’s a great player, and we miss him. But we have to look at what’s best for the franchise.”

4. The cap estimate being between $84 and $88.2 million is great news for the teams. They’ll have more than expected to spend, which is great news for the players. Because next season could have been a lockout/strike year, there was less cash in the system and a hope that players would use their escalator closer to its maximum five per cent. (It has been significantly lower in recent years, with escrow concerns.) The NHL and NHLPA have continued discussions on setting the ceiling for multiple seasons, likely through expansion Seattle’s first NHL year.

31 Thoughts: How Marc Bergevin sees Canadiens' present, future - Sportsnet.ca

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
2020 NCAA Free Agent NHL Watch List—Forwards

Since it is the season for overage junior and college free agent signings, I found this list. I don’t know anything about any of these players. One name I’ve seen towards the top of a couple of lists is Josh Dunne from Clarkson. Both of his sisters played at Ohio State and one of them is the current captain.

It doesn’t sound like he is terribly fast but otherwise sounds like a Jarmo type player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad