Interesting Info: Part XX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Was just perusing some stats on hockeydb.com and came across that Boone could hit 500 games played as a Jacket next season. He'd have to play in 81 of 82 games to hit 500 gp in his 7th season.

For a franchise that has historically busted on countless second round picks he has been the bright spot.

Boone Jenner Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

He's probably played exactly to how he was projected by Howson and his people. A solid-as-a-rock second round pick.

Would have loved to have seen him play in a more physical era. I think his value would be significantly greater than it is in this speed era.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Was just perusing some stats on hockeydb.com and came across that Boone could hit 500 games played as a Jacket next season. He'd have to play in 81 of 82 games to hit 500 gp in his 7th season.

For a franchise that has historically busted on countless second round picks he has been the bright spot.

Boone Jenner Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Adam McQuaid lol
Texier actually looks like he could be a good 2nd rounder.

Reactions: Viqsi

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
If I was to post a list of the games that will be on the alt channel for NE Ohio fans, would this be the thread to post it in?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I believe historically if you aren’t in a playoff spot on thanksgiving, you have something like less than a 20% chance to make it in.

I think if you are last in the league on Jan 1 you have no chance to win the Cup. :sarcasm:

I get your point and if the Jackets don;t get off to a good start they will be toast.

Reactions: majormajor

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

Like nearly every other situation or discussion on this site that doesn't happen mid game and is talked about for more than a few days?

The dead horse in this situation is the LACK of DESERVED respect and confidence expressed from not only opposing fans but even many (most?) supposed "diehard" CBJ fans. Not only for the upcoming season, but going all the way back to 15/16 before and after the coaching trade and cancer for Norris candidate trade.

If the horse wasn't dead, I wouldn't (need to) beat it.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Like nearly every other situation or discussion on this site that doesn't happen mid game and is talked about for more than a few days?

The dead horse in this situation is the LACK of DESERVED respect and confidence expressed from not only opposing fans but even many (most?) supposed "diehard" CBJ fans. Not only for the upcoming season, but going all the way back to 15/16 before and after the coaching trade and cancer for Norris candidate trade.

If the horse wasn't dead, I wouldn't (need to) beat it.

I was referring to constant use of UNSUSTAINABLE, not the subject at hand. I realize my emoji couldn't possibly have conveyed that but I'm lazy.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The Blue Jackets scored 25 more goals (256) than they allowed (231) last season, but, on paper, they’ve moved in the wrong direction with both categories.
Replacing Panarin will be close to impossible, not just his point-a-game production but also his propensity to step up at big moments in big games. Free-agent signee Gustav Nyquist is a reliable, serviceable top-six forward, but he’s no Panarin.

Analysis: Glass half empty — how the Blue Jackets season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad