Interesting Info: Part XX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I posted some in other threads. I had to be careful though.

I got you, its appreciated.

Its just nice to have actual relevant info from/regarding the team.

Better than all the he said/she said and baseless claims and predictions from us fans.

I'm honestly not sure I'd want any different 1-2 punch than the no nonsense/honesty we get from Torts/Jarmo.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I liked this part of the interview about Texier:

"But every minute he played in the playoffs, I’m sittin’ there peeing my pants. Not only for that moment right there, but just watching what he can be in the future of his career. To get him playoff minutes so early on is just … he’s all business. I watch that. I watch him come off the ice. I watched him during the rookie camp, just sitting on the bench during the (development camp) scrimmage. I watched him and that Bemstrom kid, just their body language. Tex is a very serious kid, and I think a student of the game. Who knows where he ends up? But it’s exciting."

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I liked this part of the interview about Texier:

"But every minute he played in the playoffs, I’m sittin’ there peeing my pants. Not only for that moment right there, but just watching what he can be in the future of his career. To get him playoff minutes so early on is just … he’s all business. I watch that. I watch him come off the ice. I watched him during the rookie camp, just sitting on the bench during the (development camp) scrimmage. I watched him and that Bemstrom kid, just their body language. Tex is a very serious kid, and I think a student of the game. Who knows where he ends up? But it’s exciting."

We need to offer Torts some Depends every time Tex scores.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Shawsy is running the PP, keeping it simple.

Bemstroms nickname is officially "Bemmer"

The team really wants to be here and grow together to stay competitive. And they need to keep their arrogance/swagger that the team has built up from past few previous seasons

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Likewise. "Puck Bite" and "Trash Talk" are far too generic to actually match a theme, so the real decision ought to be between "Cannon Blast" and "Jacket Required", and IMO that's hardly a contest at all.
I've never heard of Puck Bite as a hockey term. Trash Talk isn't hockey specific and Jacket Required sounds like an anti-Phil Collins album.

I'm not sure who came up with the names as the possible choices but its clear they don't follow hockey.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I've never heard of Puck Bite as a hockey term. Trash Talk isn't hockey specific and Jacket Required sounds like an anti-Phil Collins album.

I'm not sure who came up with the names as the possible choices but its clear they don't follow hockey.

I honestly think the brewery wants “Cannon Blast” but with the ruse/buzz of an online vote, so they chose... “not great” alternative options.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Five-hole
Facewash
Top Shelf
Lamp Lighter
etc

Cannon Blast is cool because it's CBJ specific.

Reactions: EspenK

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Was interested in Rimer’s appearance on SiriusXM today in saying the starting D pairings look to be:
Jones-Murray
Werenski-Savard
Nuti-Harrington

....Jones and Z split with Harrington over Kukan.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Was interested in Rimer’s appearance on SiriusXM today in saying the starting D pairings look to be:
Jones-Murray
Werenski-Savard
Nuti-Harrington

I like splitting them because it allows each Jones and Z to act as rovers for two separate shifts while having a solid defender to cover until they get back

Reactions: MoeBartoli

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Jones-Murray
Werenski-Savard
Nuti-Harrington

Harrington over Kukan and Gavrikov? Yeesh. Harry is certainly better than he was a couple years ago, but he's still pretty awful. I don't expect this to last very long at all.

Reactions: CPTN71 and Fro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->