Interesting Info: Part XX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Bittner having fun during his best season in Cleveland
"He's made huge strides," Blue Jackets development coach Chris Clark said. "When you're dealing with young athletes, the trajectory where they want to be - everybody thinks it's a straight line. 'I'll play this year here, next year there, and I'll be in the NHL at some point.' That happens with very, very few guys.
"There's always ups and downs, but to his credit this year, he's had some injuries, but he's made strides each year. He's been getting better and better."

Reactions: leesmith

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
CBJ goals for: 163
CBJ goals against: 159.

CBJ OT record 7-2. SO record 0-1. Net +4 goals post regulation.

Adjusted real goals differential: 0.

Not very impressive.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Torts talking about his lineup with the media today

"I haven't had a chance to talk to the trainers because I was rushing to get out here
and talk to you guys"

You gotta love the guy

Reactions: Toe Pick

jaxfan45385

Oct 29, 2007
Torts talking about his lineup with the media today

"I haven't had a chance to talk to the trainers because I was rushing to get out here
and talk to you guys"

You gotta love the guy

No you don't. He's a d-bag and we wont amount to a hill of beans until he is gone.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
No you don't. He's a d-bag and we wont amount to a hill of beans until he is gone.

tell me 1 coach in the organization's 20 year history who's done better

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
tell me 1 coach in the organization's 20 year history who's done better

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

All the coaches not named Tortorella, add up to fewer playoff wins and appearances than Tortorella, combined. That's all we need to say.

Like his personality or not, he has lead a major culture change here. If someone can't love that, maybe they aren't a fan!

Reactions: Toe Pick

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Brian Boucher mentioned he had a short stop in Columbus during his career.
and short it was, 3 games. Played in 2 of them with 1 win (06-07)

one of many players I have forgotten, maybe intentionally play for CBJ

Reactions: GoJackets1

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Brian Boucher mentioned he had a short stop in Columbus during his career.
and short it was, 3 games. Played in 2 of them with 1 win (06-07)

one of many players I have forgotten, maybe intentionally play for CBJ

No one can blame you considering 06-07 was about as forgettable as it comes in CBJ history. We had 3 head coaches that year and it was notable for the public neutering of Doug Maclean when Ken Hitchcock was hired against his wishes.

Reactions: Jovavic

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
.....okay.......so this is the tidbits thread.
Old Guy looks at standings: "Hey Washington and the Islanders are ahead of us"
Old Guy looks at the schedule this week: Tuesday- Washington, Thursday - Islanders, both at home.
Old Guy says to self; "Wow.....this is an important week". " I hope we cream those punks".

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
.....okay.......so this is the tidbits thread.
Old Guy looks at standings: "Hey Washington and the Islanders are ahead of us"
Old Guy looks at the schedule this week: Tuesday- Washington, Thursday - Islanders, both at home.
Old Guy says to self; "Wow.....this is an important week". " I hope we cream those punks".

Yes Old Guy, I also hope we cream those punks. Cream them good!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
FB_IMG_1550544202389.jpg

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Interesting. I never would have guessed that. I'm afraid, however, that the Jackets are similar to the Blues & Rangers of the recent past, among others I can't recall off the top of my head, who were very good teams but could never put it all together to win a Cup.

And minus B&B I think the future is uncertain.

How can it be that our board is so far off in it's estimation of how good the team has been the last few years?

I'll take the Blues and Rangers comparisons and call it an improvement. Last I checked on this board, our Jackets are most often compared with the Jackets of 10 years ago. People just can't seem to figure out that it's a vastly better team, one of the better teams in the league.

As far as the Blues and Rangers go, I think they weren't so far off. It's hindsight bias that makes you think they were well below say the Kings or the Bruins. But the Rangers won 10 or so playoff series and went to the Cup finals, and the Blues had their runs too. Goaltending and luck swings series, and we won't know what the future holds for the Jackets.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Honestly I’m looking at wins and losses more than the other gobbledygook

I appreciate what Alison does but you don’t need all of these graphs to realize we suck in the big home games.
No, but they're helpful in determining whether or not that "realization" is of an actual phenomenon or if it's just selection and confirmation bias. And in this case, it not only shows that it's a real thing, it helps show some of the important areas to work on.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Just felt like checking, so I went on CapFriendly to look at average ages, and confirmed what some of us had suspected - with the Duchene and Dzingel trades, we are no longer the youngest team in the league. Average age on this team is 25.7 years old, which is tied with Colorado for #2; the youngest is Winnipeg at 25.5.

TeamYouth RankAverage Age
WPG125.5
CBJT225.7
COLT225.7
NYR425.8
OTT525.8
CAR625.9
NJD726
BUF826.2
PHIT926.3
VANT926.3
TBL1126.4