Injury Report: Injury Timelines (No Longer being Updated. Sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I would just like to see Girardi and Clendening swapped back and forth. This coach cannot evaluate defensemen

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I think it's the fear of sitting 5.5 mil. It just ain't gonna happen. That kind of money has to be justified...and he will play.

I see your point, and agree with you, but the other end of this is that Dan is a known liability on this team defensively at this point. Clendening has been better than both him and and Staal... There's been enough time for this management team (not just AV) to realize that there is no hope left in that Girardi contract. This team is good, sit Dan down and tell him "Dan, you've had all year, your play is not up to par, you are going to get your minutes reduced."

There's a point when you need to cut your losses. Dan is a loss, suck it up, sit him, and move on from him this offseason. It's not like playing him makes anything better, and Dan knows how bad he's been--you think giving him chance after chance is going to result in a change in play? Are we really hoping for that 1 good game out of 10 bad ones for Dan? Because that's a pathetic viewpoint

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I think it's the fear of sitting 5.5 mil. It just ain't gonna happen. That kind of money has to be justified...and he will play.

There better not be a sense of "fear" here.

It's over. Girardi is not an NHL'er. Any BS excuse for not sitting him was invalidated after that disaster game against ARI where he was right back in next game. Any other coach with some sense would bench his worthless ass by now, any mythological rocking of the boat nonwithstanding. And if this team are that fragile mentally, they shouldn't be pro athletes.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Maybe it's also the possibility that they realize his current limitations....and want to sit him...but are afraid sitting him would send a message to the rest of the league that G is no longer a worthy NHLer. If they are going to trade him (that would be preferable to buying him out)...they need to make sure he is presented in the best possible light. Sitting him would go further to destroy his trade value. This is just a random thought...and I do realize the rest of the teams in the NHL are not stupid, lol. I dunno.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Maybe it's also the possibility that they realize his current limitations....and want to sit him...but are afraid sitting him would send a message to the rest of the league that G is no longer a worthy NHLer. If they are going to trade him (that would be preferable to buying him out)...they need to make sure he is presented in the best possible light. Sitting him would go further to destroy his trade value. This is just a random thought...and I do realize the rest of the teams in the NHL are not stupid, lol. I dunno.

no it's not random, this is most likely the thought that management has...

Problem is, anyone with a brain knows Girardi is a 7th defenseman at this point

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
After the season ends, G can finally be traded to one of 15 teams (starting on July 1, 2017). If G can play halfway decent...and we retain some salary...maybe we can finally unload him in the off-season. Something for us to look forward to...even if it's a long shot that someone'll take him.

Wouldn't it be amazing if these are the last 33 Regular Season games G spends as a Ranger? Oh to dream!

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
That would be nothing new for G. He's been there. He cracked his patella in the not too distant past. :P

no i mean he's going to crack a structural bone like a Fibula or Tibia... He'll never play hockey again professionalyl if that happens.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Clendening has played miserable in his own end, don't know why people are so happy that he plays over girardi.

Girardi makes stupid mistakes, too. But clendening legit looks lost on defense sometimes and thats not a guy i'd want to play in the playoffs every game.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Clendening has played miserable in his own end, don't know why people are so happy that he plays over girardi.

Girardi makes stupid mistakes, too. But clendening legit looks lost on defense sometimes and thats not a guy i'd want to play in the playoffs every game.

Girardi IS lost in his own end on defense... Guy can hardly play positions

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Girardi IS lost in his own end on defense... Guy can hardly play positions

You really aren't watching the games if you think that. Clendening gets confused on regular things covering like his man behind the net (not literally going over to him just covering up basic plays they can make)

Girardi makes stupid plays, such as trying to clear through a lane that is not open but even he knows the routine plays like blocking a pass line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad