Injury Report: Injury Timelines (No Longer being Updated. Sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Thanks for listing!
Just incredible . Now Nash and Vesey ugh.
I hope Jooris and Hrivik can be decent we are gonna need them to contribute .
It's so weird that its all forwards . It's like we are being punished for all of the forward depth we had

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
This should probably be made into a table and with the original announcement date/date of injury :P

And any links, of course.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
This should probably be made into a table and with the original announcement date/date of injury :P

I figure that the injuries listed in this thread would have already been verified in individual player threads or in individual injury report threads. This is meant to be a one-stop shop for a quick overview on who is out and when to expect them back.

If we include links, tweets, etc..., it could get awfully cluttered and people might have difficulty finding a post that has a quick overview on all injuries. Then again, I suppose we can let the thread evolve in to whatever people want it to be. Every few days someone can post a quick overview amongst the clutter...just so overviews don't get too buried.

Regarding a table, let's see how it goes. Maybe I'll make one up and link it from imgur. I could use the following categories: Player name, Type of Injury, Injury Occurrence date, Expected date of return.

I'll see if I can get to this sometime after I get home from work, although I was planning on watching the latest episodes of Westworld and Timless tonight. :P In any case, I should be able to whip it up pretty quickly.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Think Buch is more along the lines of 2-3 weeks out.

Yeah, he was 2 to 3 weeks at the beginning, so I figured he would be about a week from returning. But reading about the protruding disc and whatnot makes me think that you are right and he needs even more time. When I make up a chart, I'll put him at 2 weeks out. I can adjust the chart as more information comes out.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
RfqMLUe.jpg

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Figured I would start this as a one-stop source for current Rangers injuries and for how long they are expected to be out (from the date of the post). It can be updated with new timelines whenever anyone feels like continuing the thread.

Mika - 6 weeks - Broken Fibula
Buch - 1 week - Core Strength Training / Protruding disc
Nash - 1 week - Tweaked Groin
Pumps - Indefinite (IR) - Concussion
Vesey - Day to Day - Upper Body

Excellent work Revel. Funny, just got home from work and was wondering about all the injuries and wanted an update and voila....here it is. Much appreciated.

And yeah, got a feeling Buch will be out longer than a week...here's to hoping we are wrong.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I'm from England, living in Japan, reading dates for a US sports team... Why 3 different formats? Why?!

Took me far longer than it should to work out what the dates actually meant.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Even better. Wow looking at the guys out, we have as solid of a #1 line out(Nash,Zibs and Vesey) that you'll find. We have another guy Buch who is easily a top 6 guy and in Peumple, a guy who fills a lower 6 role. Also you can't tell me if we could, that it might not be a good idea to have JT sit for a game or two for him to heal up.

That's a heck of alot of talent off the ice for us. This why I think if we can play .500 or so hockey for another 2-3 weeks like we have been for past 3 weeks, I think it bodes very good for us moving fwd when the boys start to come back and we can start putting our lines back together instead of this mix and matching that AV constantly has to do.

I know for me, I can't wait till Grabner,Hayes and Miller are back as one. That line might have been one of the top lines in the entire league as they had so much chemistry together.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Yeah, Maximus...our depth is really getting tested. Unfortunately, the injuries are now outpacing our depth. Too many guys from the Top 6 having issues. Like you say, if we can hang in there and play .500 hockey for the next couple of weeks...we can still keep things interesting in the Metro. We're gonna have too pick things up before Mika is ready, though. Once Nasher & Buch are both back, I expect a lot more from this club.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Figured I would start this as a one-stop source for current Rangers injuries and for how long they are expected to be out (from the date of the post). It can be updated with new timelines whenever anyone feels like continuing the thread.

Mika - 6 weeks - Broken Fibula
Buch - 1 week - Core Strength Training / Protruding disc
Nash - 1 week - Tweaked Groin
Pumps - Indefinite (IR) - Concussion
Vesey - Day to Day - Upper Body

I thought AV said today that there wasn't going to be a timeline now on butch's return. Which is concerning because how do you go from 3-4 skated gingerly to all of a sudden his core isn't strong enough and he's going to have to gain strength so there is no definite timeline on him for now?

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I thought AV said today that there wasn't going to be a timeline now on butch's return. Which is concerning because how do you go from 3-4 skated gingerly to all of a sudden his core isn't strong enough and he's going to have to gain strength so there is no definite timeline on him for now?

This is true. They said he has a protruding disc.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

This is how the Pens board does it:

PLAYER |TYPE OF INJURY|REPORTED|RECOVERY TIME|POSSIBLE RETURN|STATUS|UPDATED|SOURCE
Daniel Sprong | Shoulder Surgery | 6.17.16 | 7-8 months | 1.17.17 (earliest) | Skating on his own | 11.10.16 | @JMackeyPG

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
This is how the Pens board does it:

PLAYER |TYPE OF INJURY|REPORTED|RECOVERY TIME|POSSIBLE RETURN|STATUS|UPDATED|SOURCE
Daniel Sprong | Shoulder Surgery | 6.17.16 | 7-8 months | 1.17.17 (earliest) | Skating on his own | 11.10.16 | @JMackeyPG

I don't have the skills to make up charts with links and stuff. All I know to do is make a chart in Libre Office, cut and paste it into Paint to make a JPEG, and upload it to imgur. That's it, lol.

Maybe someone else will volunteer to do a chart like they do on the Pens Board.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't have the skills to make up charts with links and stuff. All I know to do is make a chart in Libre Office, cut and paste it into Paint to make a JPEG, and upload it to imgur. That's it, lol.

Maybe someone else will volunteer to do a chart like they do on the Pens Board.
It actually might be easier for you to do it the way I showed. All you would have to do is quote my post, and edit the information in the quote. Although I'm not sure how to link to Twitter accounts. Then anytime there's an update you just have to edit your post.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
It actually might be easier for you to do it the way I showed. All you would really have to do is quote my post, and edit the information in the quote. Although I'm not sure how to link to Twitter accounts. @JMackeyPG

Not a bad idea. I won't actually understand what I'm doing, but it'd work. I'll check it out later tonight or tomorrow. If it looks good, maybe we can sticky the new table to the top of the thread. :cheers:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So what's basically a very tough stretch of games we have lost potentially 4 of our top 6 forwards . Ok then

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Mika Zibanejad | Broken Fibula | 11.20.16 | 6-8 weeks | 1.17.17 (earliest) | Off ice | 12.07.16 |
Matt Puempel | Upper body (concussion) | 12.06.16 | Indefinite | IR | Off ice testing| 12.07.16 |
Pavel Buchnevich | Back - core strength | 11.12.16 | 1-2 weeks | 12.13.16 (earliest) | Off ice - has skated | 12.07.16 |
Rick Nash | Groin concussion |12.06.16 | 1 week| 12.13.16 | Off ice | 12.07.16 |
Jimmy Vesey | Upper body | 12.06.16 | Day to day | 12.09.16 (??) | skating | 12.07.16 |

Figured I would start Doing this table and someone Else could copy in the right Dates and Twitter lines. Busy. Go at it...

Last edited by a moderator:

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
T00 much team fight through the injuries, character building thing going on.
Enough.
No more injuries.
some will say that all teams have to contend with injuries. Yep. Enough.

Last edited:

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Revel, thank you so much for starting this thread! It's a great idea for those of us who aren't here a lot and it's hard to keep up with all that's going on with the team!! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad