Injury Report: Injury Thread Pt. II (Del Zotto has surgery to repair sports hernia)

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Two years ago, Del Zotto had surgery and the team didn't announce what for (Sports Hernia) until the day after. I suspect we'll know more shortly.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYDNRangers: Del Zotto just underwent surgery to repair a sports hernia, per Rangers”

“@NYDNRangers: Rangers say recovery time for 'Del Z' is about four weeks”

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Another hernia for DZ? Hope this isn't a recurring thing...his play makes a LOT more sense with this info, hernias are a ****ing ***** to play with.

Vickers8

He's slow enough w/o the hernia...got love Torts Bellicheckian theory of not discussing injuries

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
He's a disaster, bro, doesn't matter if he plays with a punctured brain.

Well it definitely explains his poor play. I wonder how long he had it for. Although I hope this isn't a chronic condition a la Gaborik and his groin.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He's slow enough w/o the hernia...got love Torts Bellicheckian theory of not discussing injuries

What the hell is with people who keep thinking this is a Torts thing?

The NHL changed its policy a few years ago re: disclosure of player injuries. You do realize that this is because many coaches and players do not want injuries disclosed so opposing players don't target said injuries, correct?

Why the hell should Torts, etc. disclose injuries when they are now under no obligation to? It protects the players and helps the team to not have injuries targeted by some stupid goon.

I never understood why anyone complained about this. It's patently ridiculous to ***** about Torts and the team not releasing injury details. FWIW, I am sorry to be so harsh with you here. But I have seen this line spewed on this board countless times. And most of the people complaining are newer posters (I take it to mean that most of them do not understand the rule change, were not fans when the rule change went through, or were not as hardcore of fans to ever care about said rule change). You may not fall into that category of fans, but a lot on here do.

The rule change exists for a very good reason and Torts is correct to not disclose injury when he does not have to.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What the hell is with people who keep thinking this is a Torts thing?

The NHL changed its policy a few years ago re: disclosure of player injuries. You do realize that this is because many coaches and players do not want injuries disclosed so opposing players don't target said injuries, correct?

Why the hell should Torts, etc. disclose injuries when they are now under no obligation to? It protects the players and helps the team to not have injuries targeted by some stupid goon.

I never understood why anyone complained about this. It's patently ridiculous to ***** about Torts and the team not releasing injury details. FWIW, I am sorry to be so harsh with you here. But I have seen this line spewed on this board countless times. And most of the people complaining are newer posters (I take it to mean that most of them do not understand the rule change, were not fans when the rule change went through, or were not as hardcore of fans to ever care about said rule change). You may not fall into that category of fans, but a lot on here do.

The rule change exists for a very good reason and Torts is correct to not disclose injury when he does not have to.

Boston didn't disclose the Horton injury. What awful human beings they are!!

:laugh:

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
The thing I don't get is how the team's management decides whether a player with a hernia is a better option than a worse player playing healthy.

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
Sauer news! Hopefully we see an extension!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/bruins-shake-epic-game1-loss-blackhawks-article-1.1372400

HOPEFULLY SWEET FOR SAUER
The Rangers flew injured and inactive defenseman Michael Sauer, 25, to New York this week to evaluate his condition, the Daily News has learned. If the organization believes there is a chance Sauer can recover from the concussion symptoms that have sidelined him since Dec. 5, 2011, GM Glen Sather can qualify the soon-to-be restricted free agent and retain his rights for the upcoming season relatively cheaply. Sauer remained at his home in Minneapolis this season, away from the team, and his condition is not believed to have improved significantly, but the evaluation will tell the Rangers more.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/h...ss-blackhawks-article-1.1372400#ixzz2WCozbagn

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Get Sauer some medicinal Mary Jane.

Cannabinoids have been known to reduce toxic chemicals and swelling in the brain.

At this point they should be trying everything possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00