Injury Report: Injury Thread Pt. II (Del Zotto has surgery to repair sports hernia)

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
What the hell is with people who keep thinking this is a Torts thing?

The NHL changed its policy a few years ago re: disclosure of player injuries. You do realize that this is because many coaches and players do not want injuries disclosed so opposing players don't target said injuries, correct?

Why the hell should Torts, etc. disclose injuries when they are now under no obligation to? It protects the players and helps the team to not have injuries targeted by some stupid goon.

I never understood why anyone complained about this. It's patently ridiculous to ***** about Torts and the team not releasing injury details. FWIW, I am sorry to be so harsh with you here. But I have seen this line spewed on this board countless times. And most of the people complaining are newer posters (I take it to mean that most of them do not understand the rule change, were not fans when the rule change went through, or were not as hardcore of fans to ever care about said rule change). You may not fall into that category of fans, but a lot on here do.

The rule change exists for a very good reason and Torts is correct to not disclose injury when he does not have to.

The complaints stem out of the fact that the Rangers are MUCH more stingy with injury disclosure then other teams.

They have a right to do it, as do people who are annoyed by it to complain.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Well if Sauer can fly, then I guess that's good. At this point hockey is secondary. His condition in the future is what matters most.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Sather confirmed Nash suffered a concussion February 12th against the Bruins.

Meanwhile, Sather confirmed Rick Nash had indeed suffered a concussion when his head was slammed into the glass by Milan Lucic in Boston on Feb. 12 in the club’s 12th game of the regular season.

Source

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Mike Colligan ‏@MikeColligan 2m
NY Post quotes Glen Sather as saying Callahan "must have separated his shoulder eight or nine times during the year" - same said for Hagelin

Wat.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The labrum is a bowl of cartilage that helps keep the ball of the humerus inside the shoulder socket. When the labrum is damaged, it doesn't take much for the humerus to slip out.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
lirl, but not sure if serious

And wouldn't there be a chance he gets hooked and is in the stratosphere every game?

:facepalm:

Can't get addicted to THC/cannabinoids/pot. Glad people are still watching Reefer Madness though. Are you also worried he turns into a crazed, house-robbing, cop-killing criminal if he takes more than 1 pill?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The labrum is a bowl of cartilage that helps keep the ball of the humerus inside the shoulder socket. When the labrum is damaged, it doesn't take much for the humerus to slip out.

Yeah, I had a boss who had that kind of problem.

I remember him not coming in because he woke up one morning with his shoulder out of socket.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Mike Colligan ‏@MikeColligan 2m
NY Post quotes Glen Sather as saying Callahan "must have separated his shoulder eight or nine times during the year" - same said for Hagelin

Wat.

No wonder the Cally who always finished his check wasnt seen all season long. I wonder if he will ever go back to his old style of play after the surgery.

Vickers8

No wonder the Cally who always finished his check wasnt seen all season long. I wonder if he will ever go back to his old style of play after the surgery.

I guess that will ease the Cally haters minds

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Man this team was banged up this season. I wonder if it was due to more of playing a Torts type game of sacrificing life and limb to block shots/play a grinder game or just bad luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad