Injury Report: Injury Thread Pt. II (Del Zotto has surgery to repair sports hernia)

Kershaw

he doesnt forecheck by throwing a hit and throwing you off the puck, he forechecks by speeding past you, lifting your stick and stealing the puck from you.

easier to do than what Cally does.

That's still an effective way of forechecking.

Hagelins game is entirely predicated on his speed. when his speed goes, hes going to be a very mediocre player.

I disagree. Obviously his game will hinder, but he is a very smart player. I'll go as far to as saying he's going to be one of the better defensive wingers of this generation.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
he doesnt forecheck by throwing a hit and throwing you off the puck, he forechecks by speeding past you, lifting your stick and stealing the puck from you.

Hagelins game is entirely predicated on his speed. when his speed goes, hes going to be a very mediocre player.

So he will only be serviceable for ten more years or what is your point?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

so,, even if that's the case, hes only got about what, 10 years or so left?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
so,, even if that's the case, hes only got about what, 10 years or so left?

I think you guys are missing my point, I'm just trying to say that the injuries, while the same, were certainly more impactful to Callys game than Hagelins...

that's literally the only point i was making.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
That's still an effective way of forechecking.

I disagree. Obviously his game will hinder, but he is a very smart player. I'll go as far to as saying he's going to be one of the better defensive wingers of this generation.

Now I know you're crazy. His defense is good, no doubt, but hes not even the best defensive forward on our team..... Nevermind of the generation. He's a very smart player and I expect him to get better yes, but the guy is what? 25, 26 already?

I can see him playing into his late 30s, but it all depends on how he ages.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Now I know you're crazy. His defense is good, no doubt, but hes not even the best defensive forward on our team..... Nevermind of the generation. He's a very smart player and I expect him to get better yes, but the guy is what? 25, 26 already?

I can see him playing into his late 30s, but it all depends on how he ages.

He'll turn 25 this summer. Guess he might as well retire :sarcasm:. Players take different paths of development. Hagelin came into the league last year. No reason not to think he could still get a little better.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
It's the machine credited for curing the concussion of NHL star Sidney Crosby. It's the machine Avalanche first-round draft pick Joey Hishon credits for helping him get back on the ice after nearly two years of conventional but fruitless medical treatment for a concussion.

A functional neurologist there, Dr. Ted Carrick, noticed immediate results in patients with various brain injuries. Carrick practices chiropractic neurology, a field that uses no drugs or surgery. Carrick has since been recognized as the first to effectively use the GyroStim for brain injuries, and his profile became much bigger after he treated Crosby in 2011. The Pittsburgh Penguins star suffered a concussion in January of that year and saw little improvement for several months before seeing Carrick and undergoing treatment in the GyroStim.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche...-help-concussion-recovery-no-fda-approval-yet

Did the Rangers ever send Sauer to Dr. Carrick? This isn't the first time Carrick has been brought up as a possible solution.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
It was fairly clear to me that Callahan was not quite right, but I never once doubted this guy's resolve and heart. Never have, and never will.

I was a bit puzzled by Hagelin becoming so inneffective, but this does tell us something. Two of my favourite Rangers. I sure hope that they have a great recovery and come back like their old selves.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
MSG had Hockey Night Live last night at 11:30. Dave Maloney was on with Al,Kenny Daneyko and Billy Jaffe. Maloney said Sauer is done. His career is over.

Sad news. But unfortunately we've pretty much known this for a while. I hope he can heal up enough to have a normal quality of life pretty soon.

redfzn

Nov 12, 2007
NYC
bmcccuny.facebook.com
That's a shame about Sauer. We have missed him back there the past two seasons. Will always remember his goal in the comeback win against Boston.

He is only 25 years old. Hoping for the best even if it's not in hockey.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Cool, more excuses for Callahan's lack of offensive production in the playoffs.

Don't know what to tell you. Torn labrums reduce the strength and mobility of the entire arm. It would be concerning if it didn't affect his production.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I think you guys are missing my point, I'm just trying to say that the injuries, while the same, were certainly more impactful to Callys game than Hagelins...

that's literally the only point i was making.

I get what you are saying. Cally now is what Drury was before he fell off a cliff. Sadly, most likely the same thing will wind up happening to Cally in a few years. Perhaps sooner than Drury. I don't remember Drury having the injuries that Cally has had earlier in his career.

I think people who feel Cally will play another 10 years are overly optomistic.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
I think the majority of this board don't believe Callahan can keep it up for another 10 years. I mean his size plus his style have written "earlier decline" all over them. I also think Callahan can be significantly better the next 2 or 3 years than he was this year.
Call me crazy, but something just wasn't there this year. Perhaps a result of that scrum with Talbot, perhaps a result of the locker room growing restless because of Torts, perhaps because they relied on him playing 1st line minutes with a playmaking center. I hope he figures it out. Last season he was a factor in nearly every game I saw. Perhaps he even can play "last season-good".
I hope Sather gets him signed to a deal for max 5 years with the cap around 4.5MM when he becomes a FA, otherwise he'll be the scapegoat for many fans before he can say "Chris Drury".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad