Injury Report: Injury Thread Pt. II (Del Zotto has surgery to repair sports hernia)

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Back when Cally first had his "shoulder subluxation" I was in here saying he would need surgery eventually. Everyone called me out for "not being a doctor" and not knowing what I'm talking about, but would ya look at that. Guess I was right.

Get well soon. This surgery sucks from personal experience. Knew Callahan would be getting it, but didn't know about Hagelin. I thought Hags played well in the playoffs too.

Recovery is 4-6 months, but you're really not 100% until 8 or 9 months. Lingering soreness/pain that comes and goes with the weather/overuse.

We knew that Callahan had to get offseason surgery though, maybe some people missed that.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Wait. Hold on a ****ing second.

You're telling me Cally did THIS

callahan_erskine_hit.gif

with a torn labrum in THAT SHOULDER??

There is wearing the "C".

...and then there is what Cally does. Redundant superlatives just don't cut it with Callahan anymore. He lives in a universe above the rest of us.

Vickers8

There is wearing the "C".

...and then there is what Cally does. Redundant superlatives just don't cut it with Callahan anymore. He lives in a universe above the rest of us.

This will shut up the naysayers, the only thing he doesn't do for this team is drive the zamboni, you're barking up the wrong tree picking on the Captain

*Bob Richards*

I ripped on him for having a down year and a ****** post season, but ******* if this man is ever tough. We can ***** about him and Girardi (I know I do) till we're blue in the face, but if their stones aren't admirable then I don't know what is.

Last edited by a moderator:

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
Back when Cally first had his "shoulder subluxation" I was in here saying he would need surgery eventually. Everyone called me out for "not being a doctor" and not knowing what I'm talking about, but would ya look at that. Guess I was right.

Get well soon. This surgery sucks from personal experience. Knew Callahan would be getting it, but didn't know about Hagelin. I thought Hags played well in the playoffs too.

Recovery is 4-6 months, but you're really not 100% until 8 or 9 months. Lingering soreness/pain that comes and goes with the weather/overuse.

ok, who are we making the check out to?

Well. Congratulations! You won the internets.

:party:
dTHVw84.gif

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Not sure about the Hagelin injury, but if you compare the 1st game against WSH, where he was abusing Erskine and Co to any other game this series, you have to think it happened early on. I think some even wrote he ****s them with his speed after game one, but it never happened again.

*Bob Richards*

Suddenly, that extra effort award seems a ton more deserved

Indeed. I will gladly eat some crow on this and take those lumps. Was not thrilled with him winning but after all this, Callahan showed me.

I am dumb.

NHRangerfan

Good thing Torts called out Hags for stinking on the PP while he was playing with a torn labrum. Good on you coach, good on you.

From June 2012

Gabby ... still has to learn, I believe, along with a number of our guys ... that when you get to the conference finals — and Gabby wasn’t bad in the first two rounds — as it ratchets up and there are four teams left, you have to get it to another level, and I don’t think he was able to,†Tortorella said on the Michael Kay Show on ESPN Radio.

This was a day after Gaborik had taken the MRI exam that revealed the extent of the damage to the 30-year-old winger’s shoulder.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/grift_of_gab_cxO400bOa6fx8Sxo53JvUL

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Good to know that somehow this is still Torts' fault. Glad you guys are at least consistent.

MAJOR props to Cally and Hagelin for playing through their injuries.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hagelins game is 100% based on his speed, torn labrum shouldn't hurt him nearly as much as it should hurt Cally..which is why I don't think you saw Hagelins game fall of as much as Callys did.

Kershaw

Hagelins game is 100% based on his speed, torn labrum shouldn't hurt him nearly as much as it should hurt Cally..which is why I don't think you saw Hagelins game fall of as much as Callys did.
I disagree. Hagelin was still probably the team's best forechecker in the playoffs with a torn labrum.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I disagree. Hagelin was still probably the team's best forechecker in the playoffs with a torn labrum.

he doesnt forecheck by throwing a hit and throwing you off the puck, he forechecks by speeding past you, lifting your stick and stealing the puck from you.

easier to do than what Cally does.

Hagelins game is entirely predicated on his speed. when his speed goes, hes going to be a very mediocre player.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I don't think he will be that Mediocre. I think he has a little wiggle room to grow some weight on and learn to hit a little. But having two extremely important players with that injury is seriously bad. We sort of knew Callahan had it back in that incident. I'd like to know when Hags suffered that though. Seriously hindering injury.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
My excuses to bashing the Captain at times. He is forgiven. Tough guy. The Hagelin injury ( him needing surgery) I reported about here in December. We're a lot of people not believing this but I got it from the horses mouth. Thought he had a good year despite this.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
My excuses to bashing the Captain at times. He is forgiven. Tough guy. The Hagelin injury ( him needing surgery) I reported about here in December. We're a lot of people not believing this but I got it from the horses mouth. Thought he had a good year despite this.

Smart horse.

MTrangers

Oct 26, 2012
Missoula, MT
I wish this was the reason Hags doesn't have a good shot but I know that isn't the case...man if his only goals weren't wraparounds and garbage I think he could be a 20-25 goal guy.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I wish this was the reason Hags doesn't have a good shot but I know that isn't the case...man if his only goals weren't wraparounds and garbage I think he could be a 20-25 goal guy.

He sniped Holtby in game 4 vs Washington. He needs to do more of that.

So what is the expected recovery time for these two? Are they going to miss the beginning of the season?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He sniped Holtby in game 4 vs Washington. He needs to do more of that.

So what is the expected recovery time for these two? Are they going to miss the beginning of the season?

I think They will miss Preseason (September) and the beginning of season (October). I expect Captain Cally to carry on and march onto the ice in November, middle of November at the latest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad