Injury Report: Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
watching a dodgeball game while you have a concussion? i'd think seeing your buddy get slammed in the face with the ball would automatically make you concussion worse.. haha

HockeyBurd*

To be clear, I didn't think he was actually playing dodgeball :laugh:

Oh I don't know... is there anything so strange about a grown athlete playing dodge ball while ignoring reporters outside the locker room.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
oh joy, no Clowe really blows.

Boyle I can live with but he would help the PK and 4th line if he's actually ust used on the 4th line:laugh:

Dorsett must not be ready

Staal hopefully is, with him practicing for a while I still have hope there.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Very anxious to see Dorsett. Do you think that Dorsett can do what Clowe does, but for a cheaper contract? Then we wouldn't have to re-sign Clowe and we can keep our 2nd round pick.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Very anxious to see Dorsett. Do you think that Dorsett can do what Clowe does, but for a cheaper contract? Then we wouldn't have to re-sign Clowe and we can keep our 2nd round pick.

I think the idea is to have both in the line-up at the same time. Asking (1) player to provide all of the toughness. This team needs players like Dorsett, Asham and Clowe on multiple lines, especially in the playoffs.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
But Dorsett isn't cleared either yet. So no Clowe, Boyle, Dorsett, Staal for game 1. If that's the case, should have Haley in on the 4th line instead of Newbury.

JD123

Mar 6, 2013
But Dorsett isn't cleared either yet. So no Clowe, Boyle, Dorsett, Staal for game 1. If that's the case, should have Haley in on the 4th line instead of Newbury.

Newbury actually looked decent saturday against the Debbies, but I agree I would rather see Haley. AND Still no ****** contact jersey for Dorsett :rant:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Newbury actually looked decent saturday against the Debbies, but I agree I would rather see Haley. AND Still no ****** contact jersey for Dorsett :rant:

Newbury looked OK. They were playing a deflated Devils team who really just did not want to be there. They sat Marty, Kovalchuk was barely noticeable because he was barely skating out there, they weren't that physical at all.

The Caps will show none of that. They will come to play. Haley in for Newbury.

JD123

Mar 6, 2013
Newbury looked OK. They were playing a deflated Devils team who really just did not want to be there. They sat Marty, Kovalchuk was barely noticeable because he was barely skating out there, they weren't that physical at all.

The Caps will show none of that. They will come to play. Haley in for Newbury.

I agree I would rather see Haley as well. I hope he can bring some of that speed he showed early in year when he was called up. Maybe kinda be like a Konopka was against us last year when he played for the senators. Just a physical pain to play against.
I am just happy its not any of these stupid play extra d-man at forward (i.e. Gilroy/Bickel)

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ

No one has been ruled out for game 1 yet...for all we know, Staal and Dorsett could be put in the lineup right before tomorrow nights game...it's Boyle and Clowe who look like they will not start the series...

CH2

Jun 23, 2009
NYC
Sounds like Staalsy is close. He said he was "probably" out for game one.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think the idea is to have both in the line-up at the same time. Asking (1) player to provide all of the toughness. This team needs players like Dorsett, Asham and Clowe on multiple lines, especially in the playoffs.

I agree with this. Also, I think Clowe's strength on the boards is a huge asset, especially the way that this team uses the boards. I haven't seen a ton of Dorsett but I'm not sure he brings that particular skill.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Sent: May 1, 2013 12:32p

More from Dr. McKenzie: Doubtful we see Marc Staal (eye) in G1 (he said so himself) but won't be surprised if he plays in series vs. WSH.

sent via Twitter for BlackBerry®
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/329634426252304385

I just sounds to me like Staal isnt comfortable with his vision and is not ruling out that he could be back sometime this series.

Honestly, I feel like he's hoping it suddenly gets a little better and hell be good to go, but there's really no indication that's going to happen.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
We were pretty lucky with injuries this season only to have them come now at the worst time. (Aside from Staal, we got lucky Callahan's shoulder wasn't more injured, same goes with Girardi on the Subban slapshot, and Nash making a recovery). I was really hoping Staal would return by the end of the season. I don't like how these injuries affect our chances. I think Clowe being out is going to hurt us and Staal goes without saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad