Injury Report: Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lJuicel

Feb 1, 2010
St. John's
I think it was Zipay had ont twitter that Clowe and Boyle were travelling to Washington with the team, I guess that's a good sign.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
We were pretty lucky with injuries this season only to have them come now at the worst time. (Aside from Staal, we got lucky Callahan's shoulder wasn't more injured, same goes with Girardi on the Subban slapshot, and Nash making a recovery). I was really hoping Staal would return by the end of the season. I don't like how these injuries affect our chances. I think Clowe being out is going to hurt us and Staal goes without saying.
Don't forget McD

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I couldn't remember what happened to McD. The only thing I remember is that both him and Girardi got injured in the same game. You can add Powe to the list too.
Took the hit from Pacioretty and missed a game because of it. Everyone speculated a concussion

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Staal is a cagey one. Remember he wasn't playing in the Winter Classic and then played.

"I'm not going to ... I'm probably not going to play tomorrow," said Staal, who has been sidelined since being struck in the eye with a puck March 5.

Staal continues to practice with the team in hopes of returning soon. The 26-year-old defenseman missed almost half of last season with a concussion.

"There are good and bad days," he said. "So, keep taking it day by day and hope it keeps getting better."

Ryane Clowe, whose undisclosed injury is believed to be a concussion, and Brian Boyle (lower-body) did not practice with the team Wednesday

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/hockey/post/_/id/13209/staal-unlikely-for-game-1-vs-caps

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think Staal is going to be ready tomorrow. Not for top pairing minutes, but I think he'll be out there. I mean, if I'm in charge of this for NYR, why let the Caps know that he's going to be back if you can keep them uncertain about it just as easily?

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Don't see Staal coming back till game 2 or 3. Doubtful that Clowe or Boyle will play at all this series. Looks like Dorsett is at least another week away. We probably won't see him until game 6 or 7 possibly even the 2nd round.

SauceCheese91

Sep 14, 2011
Why? Nothing we say or do here matters or impacts anything else...

Well for the simple reason that we look like ********* Caps fans because if you take a peak at their board thats all they are doing. Most of them are Pejorative Slured though so whatever I guess.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
More painfully cryptic remarks from Staal.

If he plays, we should go with seven defensemen.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
More painfully cryptic remarks from Staal.

If he plays, we should go with seven defensemen.

Agreed. If Staal can play have Eminger dress and take an occasional shift on the 4th line as insurance. Really wouldn't change much. I expect our top 3 lines to play almost every minute.

I would sit Asham but Torts probably sits Kreider.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
EDIT - Gulitti was wrong at first, no Clowe. Boyle on the ice though.

Boyle and Clowe on ice at Rangers optional. Very good news!

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
"Boyle (right leg) and Clowe (undisclosed, possible concussion) among those taking ice for Rangers' optional."

Last edited:

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers 1m
Brian Boyle is on the ice this morning

Man if we can at least get Boyle back it would be huge.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers 43s

No Ryane Clowe. Dorsett still in non contact jersey. But Staal and Boyle are both skating this AM. Torts wouldn't reveal lineup. We'll see..

Maybe Staal too? That would be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad