Injury Report: Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I really think Clowe is the biggest concern of the injuries at this point... I'm no doctor but this screams concussion and out for at least the first rd

Punxrocknyc19*

Sent: Apr 30, 2013 11:40a

Live from Westchester: #NYR getting ready for 2nd pracitce session. Lundqvist resting; No Clowe or Boyle. Staal had couple shifts w/Girardi
sent via TweetDeck
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/stevezipay/status/329258998857613314

this is good news. i doubt he plays game 1 but maybe he comes back for game 3 at home if NYR is lucky.... more likely it is later in the series game 6 or 7....

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I don't think it's just the Rangers, or hockey organizations, but professional sports teams all-together. Growing trend over the years. Not a big fan of it, personally. :squint:

It actually used to be worse because opposing players would literally target an injured player to get him off the playing surface.

But that was back when sport was sport and you did anything and everything in and out side the rules to win games.

Now when a player is hurt, the team has to list them as hurt. They can be as vague as they want about the severity of the injury or where it is actually located, but teams HAVE to report injuries.

THAT I am not a big fan of.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
It actually used to be worse because opposing players would literally target an injured player to get him off the playing surface.

But that was back when sport was sport and you did anything and everything in and out side the rules to win games.

Now when a player is hurt, the team has to list them as hurt. They can be as vague as they want about the severity of the injury or where it is actually located, but teams HAVE to report injuries.

I don't see that as sport. It's targeting injuries to potentially risk someone's livelihood which is much more important than any trophy. Sport is being at your best and competing with others at theirs to see who's better. Not taking shallow victories because you cracked an injured area with a stick or gouged at someone in a pile up.

16 To Stanley*

So I am guessing you were a big fan of that ol' dirtbag Bobby Clarke.

BarbaraAlphanse

Ok so he's concussed. Looks like we just gotta deal with it :dunno:

Powe came back after 2 weeks. Boyle is widely speculated to have played through a concussion. Clowe could be back for this series.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Powe came back after 2 weeks. Boyle is widely speculated to have played through a concussion. Clowe could be back for this series.

Alfredsson came back from a concussion last year against NYR. McD and Nash were speculated to have concussions as well this year. I think he'll be back this series.

Boyle is the only one I'm thinking won't be back this series.

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
Jim Cerny's take on the injury situation from the Blueshirts United playoff chat.

Jim Cerny:
I think Staal is getting real close. He has not said that, nor has the team. But what i see with my own eyes shows me he is close to playing. Maybe Game 1, maybe not. But I think we see him in this series. Dorsett said yesterday and again today he is hoping to be cleared during this series, though it will be interesting if the Rangers choose to play him or not---that might depend on if Clowe and/or Boyle are still out. Neither skated again today, but both were at the practice facility, working out off ice.

16 To Stanley*

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Jim Cerny: Guy: a good question...Rangers are pretty healthy other than the 4 we know have been sidelined...Cally will battle that shoulder all year, Girardi is banged up, but for most part they are good health wise...but who knows in playoffs...remember, for example, Gaby separated that shoulder pretty early in first round last year and kept playing...you can predict what might happen
Girardi been playing banged up after the Subban shot? Likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad