Injury Report: Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deric

Oct 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
I think Staal is trolling and will play game 1.
With the lack of comments, I'd guess Clowe probably has a lower body injury + concussion, so who knows if he comes back at all.

A lot of people don't like it, but times like these you want the nfl rules that require them to tell the media everything. Stops arguments over mystery injuries and return time tables.

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
I think Staal is trolling and will play game 1.
With the lack of comments, I'd guess Clowe probably has a lower body injury + concussion, so who knows if he comes back at all.

A lot of people don't like it, but times like these you want the nfl rules that require them to tell the media everything. Stops arguments over mystery injuries and return time tables.

The fact that he didn't rule it out makes me think that it's a serious possibility. It's a very NYR thing to tell us nothing, and then we turn on the TV Thursday night and he's out on the ice. He sounded positive in his comments earlier today(posted on this thread), so I think that if he thinks he can do it, he'll play.

My guesses for order of return
1-Staal(Early in round 1, maybe thursday?)
2-Dorsett(Sometime next week probably, although Thursday isn't out of the question)_
3-Clowe(If it's a concussion, late 2nd round seems likely (4 weeks ish), if it's not, who knows)
4-Boyle(We know nothing about him, and based on that I can't imagine it's good)

It's totally possible that Clowe just pulled something and was taking a rest day, but that looked quite a bit like a concussion to me. Staal/Dorsett should be fairly soon, with Boyle being the wild card.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I read on another board that EJ Hradek said that Staal's return does not look good. Anyone hear that? Fortunately, Hradek is an idiot.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
EJ would know all this how? apparently he has a crystal ball. staal wont play, pens wont be stopped, caps have most pressure of any eastern conference team. really EJ just shut up

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If Hradek says he's out, then he's absolutely going to play Thursday. LOL.

Anyway, it would be great to have Staalsy and Dorsett back.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
How sick would it be if NYI beat PIT, OTT beat MTL, We Beat the Caps and TOR miraculously beat BOS?

round 2 matchup would be

NYI-TOR
OTT-NYR

Two canadian teams vs the 2 New York Teams and then if both NY Teams win its NYI-NYR in the conference finals. With NYR coming out on top of course :naughty:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
When did the Rangers become such a super secretive organization? I mean, maybe I just haven't been paying attention for the last twenty plus years, but I don't recall them being this quiet about injuries. It's really silly.

SauceCheese91

Sep 14, 2011
When did the Rangers become such a super secretive organization? I mean, maybe I just haven't been paying attention for the last twenty plus years, but I don't recall them being this quiet about injuries. It's really silly.

It's not silly at all. It's the playoffs, which means any information that you can keep from your opponent is advantageous. I don't blame them one bit for keeping quiet about who will/will not be in the lineup on Thursday. Some of you guys need to relax a bit and stop questioning management.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
It's not silly at all. It's the playoffs, which means any information that you can keep from your opponent is advantageous. I don't blame them one bit for keeping quiet about who will/will not be in the lineup on Thursday. Some of you guys need to relax a bit and stop questioning management.

I don't really have a problem with it now but during this past season it was a bit silly.

The panicing part of the fan base (me included) were thinking the worst on Nash when they could have just released some damn news

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

I don't think it's just the Rangers, or hockey organizations, but professional sports teams all-together. Growing trend over the years. Not a big fan of it, personally. :squint:

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I read on another board that EJ Hradek said that Staal's return does not look good. Anyone hear that? Fortunately, Hradek is an idiot.

Hradek is good for abaolutly nothing but blind speculation.

Their not going to release information that's going to make key players targets in the playoffs, everything was hush hush around gaborik injury last year, Nash's injury at the beginning of the year and Boyle and clowes injuries of late, I wouldn't expect that to change one bit especially with the playoffs now.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

They're allowed to, but I can see why people find it unfair and ridiculous.

And they did it all season to. We literally heard nothing about Nash. What makes it worse is no other team does it really.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

They've been this way throughout the regular season and for most of the past several seasons. Also, I didn't really criticize the management outside of referring to their hush hush injury policy as "silly", so if you really think I need to relax I don't know what to say to you. I'm clearly very fired up about this eh?

SauceCheese91

Sep 14, 2011
They've been this way throughout the regular season and for most of the past several seasons. Also, I didn't really criticize the management outside of referring to their hush hush injury policy as "silly", so if you really think I need to relax I don't know what to say to you. I'm clearly very fired up about this eh?

No need to take my post out of context...I never said you were fired up but okay. And that message wasn't directed towards just you, but you were the last person I saw to make a comment about it.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
I feel like all these guys will make "miraculous" recoveries by Thursday. It's the playoffs. Players play through injuries. I'm a bit less optimistic on Staal, considering it has to do with his vision, but I'm still hopeful because it seems like from the reports that he's just trying to adjust back to game speed. A few extra days of practice is a godsend. Thanks NHL schedulers!!!

Sky Valley

Mar 8, 2007
NBNJ
If it provides any kind of competitive advantage, then I don't really care how secretive they want to be. I have no reason to need to know aside from curiosity. I just want to see a winner on the ice.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I feel like all these guys will make "miraculous" recoveries by Thursday. It's the playoffs. Players play through injuries. I'm a bit less optimistic on Staal, considering it has to do with his vision, but I'm still hopeful because it seems like from the reports that he's just trying to adjust back to game speed. A few extra days of practice is a godsend. Thanks NHL schedulers!!!

heres hoping. I don't see any reason to have them skate Monday or even Tuesday but Wednesday they have too or they are out

Dorsett- if he's cleared he will play 4th line

Clowe- same thing, hopefully its not a concussion cause then who knows

Staal- I think he's still out. If his vision was 100% sure but otherwise its his vision so they cant take the chance.

Torts wont run Powe, Asham, Newbury/Haley much if that's his options.

Vickers8

Was hoping for better news on the injury front, still have till gametime Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad