Injury Report: Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abooch68

Aug 31, 2008
Boyle and Clowe on ice at Rangers optional. Very good news!

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
"Boyle (right leg) and Clowe (undisclosed, possible concussion) among those taking ice for Rangers' optional."

So this report of Clowe being on the ice is false? Of course isn't Gulitti a Devils reporter..:shakehead

I'm betting he mistook Dorsett for Clowe..

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
if they just leave Boyle on the 4th line and let him PK he could help.

Really hoping Staal surprises us 2nite and gets back in.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers 2m

Boyle and Staal going through a hard full practice w scratches, so may mean likely out despite being on ice

There goes that.

Broadway Brad

Feb 26, 2012
I don't understand why Boyle skating is good news. He has been absolutely horrid this year and you know Torts is going to give him 3rd line minutes and time on the PP.

schabadoo

Feb 16, 2012
I don't understand why Boyle skating is good news. He has been absolutely horrid this year and you know Torts is going to give him 3rd line minutes and time on the PP.

Obviously he'll be on the first and second line too.

I doubt he'll even come off the ice.

BarbaraAlphanse

Really ignorant opinion. Boyle was a huge part of our series against the sens. He's what you need in the playoffs.

Zeshy25

Oct 3, 2005
Its the playoffs. Players play through almost everything (except hopefully concussions nowadays)
I would guess Boyle / Staal may be ready for Game 2. If Boyle is skating hard in practice today then he can't be that far off. Hoping we can eke out a win today and have Boyle, Staal, and Dorsett all back by Game 3

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Really ignorant opinion. Boyle was a huge part of our series against the sens. He's what you need in the playoffs.

And then he disappeared after his concussion. A reasonable excuse, but Boyle wasn't much outside of the Ottawa series.

If he comes back and is a fourth line player and PKer, then I have absolutely no problems with Boyle on the ice. But if he comes back and is slotted as a third line winger and every situation guy, I have a problem. Boyle as a 4C would give the Rangers some serious depth here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad