Injury Report: Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
Just for comparison's sake: my brother fractured his orbital playing baseball. He didn't know it at the time. The day after the injury, he woke up without vision. He was without vision for two days before (and I thank God every day) it came back. He did not need to have surgery to stabilize the eye, and now, while at a heightened risk for developing cataracts, his vision is fine.

Until I hear the "all clear" I'm not going to jump to conclusions either way.

I'm sure they would've given staal x-rays, and not just assume he didn't have a fractured orbital. This isn't the kind of thing they gamble with.

Sent: Mar 6, 2013 12:18p

#Rangers gathering medical info 2day regarding Marc Staal but early indications r his eye injury isn't career threatening. Out indefinitely

sent via Twitter for BlackBerry®
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/309352295789912064

Who's realkyper? Is it someone with credibility? If not then it's meaningless since anyone can say anything on twitter

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I hope Staal is okay.

It looked painful. I was hoping it would just be a cut, he gets some stitches, and he'd be good to go next game. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening.

Overall, I just hope he bounces back. That looked like one tough shot to the face.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
We prob have to make a trade for a d man now for sure..

Mcdonagh/Girardi
Del Zotto/Stralman
Gilroy/Eminger

? yikes.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
That's a very positive tweet.

Out indefinitely sounds bad, but "Not career threatening" sounds so incredible given what we saw last night

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
I'd say that news is about as good as one could've hoped for right now unless anybody expected him to pull a Girardi. His eye not being damaged long term is the most important thing.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Broken orbital bone maybe? I dunno. Doesn't sound good in general.

The only thing that scares me is this...

How long the injury lasts depends on the location and severity of the fracture. In most cases, swelling and discoloration begin to go away within 7 to 10 days after the injury, but fractured bones take much longer to heal. If surgery is necessary to repair the injured area, your doctor may delay the procedure for several weeks to allow swelling to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad