Injury Report: Injured Players Thread (3/6: Staal Out Indefinitely; Not Career Threatening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Only in the NHL.

Not saying its a bad thing but in the NFL you see guys play the next week.. its crazy how they don't care about their players.

And that's why I think the league is going to bleed some serious money with these lawsuits regarding player health, and rightfully so.

Anyone hear about some of the things Jason Taylor went through? Just brutal.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
read Maloney said he was feeling better............hopefully he can get back in soon, Asham too, that 4th line was helping

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
read Maloney said he was feeling better............hopefully he can get back in soon, Asham too, that 4th line was helping

Yeah, they were bringing good energy and keeping the other team hemmed in, which is pretty much exactly what you want your 4th line doing.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
And that's why I think the league is going to bleed some serious money with these lawsuits regarding player health, and rightfully so.

Anyone hear about some of the things Jason Taylor went through? Just brutal.

At the end of that, it says taylor would do it all again, and it all sounds like he did it voluntarily because he wanted to stay on the field. Can't blame the NFL for that.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
This thread is way too close to the Rick Nash thread. Thought Nash was diagnosed with a concussion for a second.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005

....hate to say this but Maloney said the same thing about Sauer this past summer.

I usually love Dave but he's been on a roll with the wacky stuff lately. The other night when Miller blew his turn in the shoot out Maloney was saying he lacked killer instinct. Other stuff too, but kind of knuckle head to say that about any 19 yr old let alone Miller, imo.

Kershaw

Ryan McDonagh (Injured vs. Habs)

Discuss. It was mentioned during the intermission that he will not return.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
Looked like his face was bleeding on the broadcast. Didnt seem to be a concussion or anything. Maybe just stitched up and precaution as there isnt much reason to get him back out there tonight.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I dunno, guys. About 10 minutes after the injury there was a shot of Sullivan talking to Torts behind his hand and Torts's reaction was something to the effect of "you've got to be kidding me."

I thought he looked okay after the injury, but that exchange between the coaches has me thinking concussion regardless.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
I dunno, guys. About 10 minutes after the injury there was a shot of Sullivan talking to Torts behind his hand and Torts's reaction was something to the effect of "you've got to be kidding me."

I thought he looked okay after the injury, but that exchange between the coaches has me thinking concussion regardless.

Nah he was just telling him that we're out of Jam.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007

Lets hope not.

charlie460

Stone Age Hockey
Nov 25, 2011
Norway
Dan Girardi

Oh god. If it's as bad as it looked, we are so ****ed.

See 0:45 for replays

Last edited:

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Looked to be right in the exposed area above skate below shin guard.

Could be real bad.

Ironic that the one guy giving his all every second gets bit in the ass for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad