Injury Report: Injured Players Thread (3/6: Staal Out Indefinitely; Not Career Threatening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
This thread sums up what's wrong with HF, people arguing over being right or wrong and not just showing concern for the player. Get real.

Glad he feels a little better and hope he gets back soon, as soon as he came in his impact was felt.

Kershaw

funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window.gif

More Stu Bickel. :party:

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Its almost unreal how perfect he is for his role on the team.

Hopefully its not too long, please spare us this goon Manchister? playing and just put Kreider on the 4th line I can't take useless goons..

Kershaw

Its almost unreal how perfect he is for his role on the team.

Hopefully its not too long, please spare us this goon Manchister? playing and just put Kreider on the 4th line I can't take useless goons..

Goon Brandon Mashinter has 1 less point in 20 less games than stud Chris Kreider in the AHL.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Goon Brandon Mashinter has 1 less point in 20 less games than stud Chris Kreider in the AHL.

I don't concern myself too much with Kreider's AHL numbers but yeah I did just read that Mashinter has 5 goals and 11 points.. pretty shocked about that but I mean he is known as a fighter mainly, right?

If so, please spare us the sideshow **** and give me someone who can play a regular shift. Ferriero would work too.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Very nice to hear that he's doing alright considering the concussion. That looked potentially scary.

I don't concern myself too much with Kreider's AHL numbers but yeah I did just read that Mashinter has 5 goals and 11 points.. pretty shocked about that but I mean he is known as a fighter mainly, right?

If so, please spare us the sideshow **** and give me someone who can play a regular shift. Ferriero would work too.

From what I understand he can take a shift and fight. They aren't mutually exclusive skills.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Mashinter was thought of as a Ryan Clowe-like player when he was younger. Will he provide a ton of offense? Probably not. But can he be a Mike Rupp? Absolutely. Rupp was a 20 point grinder with size and strength who threw his weight around. I think that's the hope for Mashinter.

He is more than just a fighter.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
He was heralded as the replacement to Ryan Clowe 2 years ago, hes got above average hands. His play has dropped off since then, though, which is why he was moved

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Mashinter was thought of as a Ryan Clowe-like player when he was younger. Will he provide a ton of offense? Probably not. But can he be a Mike Rupp? Absolutely. Rupp was a 20 point grinder with size and strength who threw his weight around. I think that's the hope for Mashinter.

He is more than just a fighter.

Good to hear. Don't mind seeing him get a shot then.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Praying it's not a severe concussion. Hopefully, he doesn't get rushed back into the line-up.

BarbaraAlphanse

Praying it's not a severe concussion. Hopefully, he doesn't get rushed back into the line-up.

Praying that as well. But if there is any indication about if he will be rushed/not rushed, the organization seems to value the health of their players very highly. I would think they maintain this standard with Powe.

Carl Hagelins Flow

Flow Status: AMAZING
Mar 28, 2009
Long Island, NY
If its a concussion, my guess is that it probably isn't a serious one. The helmet stayed on, and I think Powe was more dazed than anything else.

Concussions "come in all shapes and sizes" and affect everyone differently. Helmet or no helmet, the only thing that determines a mild from a severe concussion are the symptoms. You can still be knocked unconscious (indicative of a moderate to severe concussion) with a helmet on.

I knew he was concussed the moment the camera zoomed in on him and Jim Ramsay -- you can tell he was "out of it" and the fact he needed help off the ice was all but confirmatory. He might be fine in a couple of weeks or he might have post-concussion syndrome that side-lines him a lot longer like it did Crosby and Staal -- everyone's brain reacts (and heals) differently.

Hope he gets well soon, concussions are one of the worst injuries especially in sports.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Ouch.

That injury did not look good. Unfortunate way for your season to end, but I think this was kind of expected when you saw him afterwards and could clearly see he landed on his head.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
I never like to see anyone get hurt and I hope he gets better soon BUT....

What is with this "you will be missed" stuff? The guy played a very short amount of games and had very little impact. I won't be missing him, I will be forgetting he is even on the team.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

What is with this "you will be missed" stuff? The guy played a very short amount of games and had very little impact. I won't be missing him, I will be forgetting he is even on the team.

He does a lot of little things that make him a perfect fit here. Good on the forecheck, good on the boards, excellent on the PK, blocks shots. Fits our system to a T. Hope he gets back this season.

I sat here shocked his first game, its incredible how much more useful he is than Rupp, fantastic deal by Slats yet again.

*Bob Richards*

Not the massive dynamic overhaul of the 4th line after he replaced Rupp. He will certainly be missed.

Only in the NHL.

Not saying its a bad thing but in the NFL you see guys play the next week.. its crazy how they don't care about their players.

Agreed. NFL players seem to miss minimal if any time with concussions. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad