OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
94157fc3a7bde8817fb368268de2fe8b.png

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Rnh

RNH is currently "day to day" as per Eakins, but I am starting to think that this is more serious than they are letting us know.

‏@RossCreekNation 2h2 hours ago
"I'm hearing (RNH) either got hurt on the hit & he shouldn't have fought, or he got hurt in the fight, the #Oilers aren't saying" - Friedman

I'm hoping its just a sore hand/wrist or something minor but what scares me is how quiet Edmonton is being about the whole situation.

Please silence me by having RNH out for practice this morning and slotted in the lineup..

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Somewhere, Dan Hamhuis is smiling, and having a light chuckle to himself.

Nothing to be proud of. Most men would have wrecked their opponent who's 10 years younger and gave up 20 lbs. Hamhuis could barely hold on until the takedown.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
If it's anything I'm betting whiplash from the hit.

if he had whiplash, I don't think he would be able to finish the game like he did... Thats really the only reason why I am hoping it is not serious.. It must be a soreness keeping him out

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
RNH is on the morning ice, Eberle is not.

@TomGazzola · 2m 2 minutes ago
Teddy Purcell and RNH on the ice for morning skate. Jordan Eberle not participating.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
@TheChrisWescott 24s24 seconds ago
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is on the ice at practice, but during the first drill he is off to the side passing the puck with the injured Gazdic
@Sun_Tychkowski 11s12 seconds ago
RNH isn't doing anything. Flipping pucks back and forth with injured Gazdic while everyone else runs drills.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The RNH injury...

What are we hearing about this? The Oilers have been suspsiciously tight lipped over this and sitting a guy out two games with bumps and bruises when the team is struggling seems off a bit.

It would not surprise me at all if he has a much more serious injury than we have been lead to believe. It would not surprise me if the had another wrecked shoulder or something and the oilers are once again holding off on major work hoping he can play through acupuncture and voodoo.

It would also look very very bad for the org if they knowingly went into this year so bad at C and RNH gets hurt early in a 'team toughness' fight like Hall did a few years back.

Paranoid? Perhaps but it would not surprise me.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Its obvious if the injury was from anything it was from his altercation with Hamhuis.

We heard all the talking heads pontifcate about on how Crosby, Toews etc get into fights every year and RNH needs to send a message.

Message sent. Message received.

RNH is every bit as frail as the 18 year old teenager he resembles.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I feel like I heard the "bumps and bruises" came from the hit prior to the fight.

Regardless bumps and bruises does not keep you out of two games when the team is so shallow at C and tumbling badly.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Might as well just keep him out of the game. They aren't winning anyway. Let him heal completely.

We have no idea what he is healing from. I can see him being out game to game for about 3 more games and then the fateful oilers owning up that he needs surgery or has a concussion. Just when you think the org can't look any worse that would be the topping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad