News Article: In which R** R**** gets laughed at by the players he writes about..

ZapRowsdower13

Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
Mar 2, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not seeing a name change there when I scroll over his/her name. I was only checking to keep up with all the name changes.

That's freaking me out. I was serialthrila13, semi-regular poster, mostly lurker. Not sure why the hover isnt working. Wait..its going now.

Last edited:

On Vinyl

Oh Danny Boy
Jul 5, 2010
IAVDBTR
HA! She was just up here to visit, shes two of my best friends sister and I've known her forever. Yes shes quite fetching, makes for good humor with her one brother. I'll have to tell her the 'Rossi'd thing'.

Well story goes they were out at Smoking Joes on Carson, Rossi had seen her and her brother, my buddy Mark, before and had previously flirted with her. This particular night he was takling to her about Spiderman as she had mentioned liking the movie or something. Now with him was Crosbys dad, guess he was in town, and was just quitely sitting there. So Rossi runs his Rob game and she talks back to be nice. Eventually the night ends but the next day Crosbys dad tells Sid about Rossi trying to pick up a girl by using Spiderman as his way in. This leads to the lockeroom calling him Spiderman for a period of time.

That's beautiful :laugh:

GLM

Aug 2, 2005
HA! She was just up here to visit, shes two of my best friends sister and I've known her forever. Yes shes quite fetching, makes for good humor with her one brother. I'll have to tell her the 'Rossi'd thing'.

Well story goes they were out at Smoking Joes on Carson, Rossi had seen her and her brother, my buddy Mark, before and had previously flirted with her. This particular night he was takling to her about Spiderman as she had mentioned liking the movie or something. Now with him was Crosbys dad, guess he was in town, and was just quitely sitting there. So Rossi runs his Rob game and she talks back to be nice. Eventually the night ends but the next day Crosbys dad tells Sid about Rossi trying to pick up a girl by using Spiderman as his way in. This leads to the lockeroom calling him Spiderman for a period of time.

this story is great!!

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012

This story is even better than the video in this thread.

ZapRowsdower13

Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
Mar 2, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
this story is great!!

Ha ha, ya we still tell it now and then. Rossi did serve a purpose though bc he liked her brother Mark, they'd talk hockey and what not, and one night while complaining about the Pens announcers Mark said he'd love to tell Errey what he thinks of him. Rossi goes 'you wouldn't do it' and Mark, being a lil drunk said he would.

Rossi pulls out his phone and calls Errey and goes 'Bob someone wants to talk to you.'
Jist of it goes then Mark tells Errey 'I don't think your very good at what you do.' bc he admits he really backed off once actually on the phone and to his credit Errey goes 'Oh well I guess can't please everyone, I'll try to better eh.' in his on again/off again Canadian accent. Mark started telling him how he liked him as a player and thanked him for what he did. That's really all I got out of him bc he's still feels bad about it.

Thats the extent of my living vicariously through friends and interactions with Rob Rossi....not sure one would want to own up to them anyways.

Fire Shero*

Haha good story but what the hell did crosbys dads do to warrant hanging out with rossi?

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Ha ha, ya we still tell it now and then. Rossi did serve a purpose though bc he liked her brother Mark, they'd talk hockey and what not, and one night while complaining about the Pens announcers Mark said he'd love to tell Errey what he thinks of him. Rossi goes 'you wouldn't do it' and Mark, being a lil drunk said he would.

Rossi pulls out his phone and calls Errey and goes 'Bob someone wants to talk to you.'
Jist of it goes then Mark tells Errey 'I don't think your very good at what you do.' bc he admits he really backed off once actually on the phone and to his credit Errey goes 'Oh well I guess can't please everyone, I'll try to better eh.' in his on again/off again Canadian accent. Mark started telling him how he liked him as a player and thanked him for what he did. That's really all I got out of him bc he's still feels bad about it.

Thats the extent of my living vicariously through friends and interactions with Rob Rossi....not sure one would want to own up to them anyways.

So Rossi calls up Bob Errey out of the blue to have a drunk guy trash him? Man, he really is one of those people you regret giving your number to.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
James Neal is the man. He made Rossi look even dumber than he actually is, which I didn't even know was possible.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Meh, they're just having some fun with him. If they really didn't like him, they wouldn't even talk to him. They're treating him how you'd treat a little brother. Rossi's just a bit ignorant and a too much of a keener.

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
Wow, thanks for sharing the video. Geno and Nealer (and presumably the rest of them) don't think much of the guy, which is completely understandable.

One question -- does anyone have a link to the article that Geno and Nealer were referring to (and which he said he was going to call up?) I want to read it...

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Meh, they're just having some fun with him. If they really didn't like him, they wouldn't even talk to him. They're treating him how you'd treat a little brother. Rossi's just a bit ignorant and a too much of a keener.

You must not of seen the video of Neal taking a shot at him because he predicted him with 18 goals.

He wasn't kidding.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Wow, and this kid covers hockey?
He should be embarrassed and I still think he doesn't know what F1, F2 or F3 is judging by his response to Steigy. You learn this stuff after playing Mites.
The best was Neal pushing the issue while turning away and cracking up: "yeah, why did you write that Geno doesn't backcheck. Why did you write that?"

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Incompetence personified. Rossi doesn't know his own trade, simple as that.

What's more embarrassing for the Trib is that they think it's not such a big deal the way this idiot interacts with players and drums up his "theories" (which are clearly based on his imagination and not much more -- certainly no effort to research anything and KNOW WT F you're writing about).

Hey ROSSI: It's YOUR JOB to know what an F3 is or a left wing lock or an outlet pass. It's YOUR JOB to get the FACTS straight BEFORE you publish them... it's on you to generate attention for your work through its quality, not by trolling people with vagaries and BS on social media, or with cool sounding but factually incorrect articles. I don't know WTH they taught you at WVU, but maybe you should go back and get a masters from a real J school like Syracuse so you can know WT F you're doing, idiot. It amazes me that people like you can find your way onto the staff of a major daily paper. I truly don't get it, short of "not what you know but who you know or who you're pals with."

As for Neal and Geno... they have no respect for the guy. Of course they're going to not be mean-spirited when cameras are rolling for what they understand to be a PR piece about Rossi. They're professionals. They're going to make him look like a fool in a way that he just has to go along with it or look even more like an idiot. "What..... What did I write?!" Don't you know what you wrote, you ****ing hack? Can't even own up to a mistake you made? This is the Trib attempting to make Rossi look like a likable guy because he certainly doesn't generate any respect for that publication with his writing or research.

PR FAIL but thanks for the laugh, Trib.

PS - No one, not even me, doubts that Rob Rossi is a decent human being from the standpoint of being "friendly" or "nice" or whatnot... but that has ZERO relevance to the reason why he's so often criticized, for those wondering. I'm sure Steigy is great at BBQ's too but that doesn't make him a good PBP announcer. "Nice guy" don't figure into it, folks. That's a different equation.

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wow, and this kid covers hockey?
He should be embarrassed and I still think he doesn't know what F1, F2 or F3 is judging by his response to Steigy. You learn this stuff after playing Mites.
The best was Neal pushing the issue while turning away and cracking up: "yeah, why did you write that Geno doesn't backcheck. Why did you write that?"

Really, anyone who follows DB and reports on him surely knows what an F3 is. DB uses the term probably almost daily in his practices and to some extent, interviews.

To fallow/cover this team for as long as he has should know more than the common folk.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Really, anyone who follows DB and reports on him surely knows what an F3 is. DB uses the term probably almost daily in his practices and to some extent, interviews.

To fallow/cover this team for as long as he has should know more than the common folk.

Anyone who has ever played or covered hockey at any extent should know what an F3 is.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Wow, thanks for sharing the video. Geno and Nealer (and presumably the rest of them) don't think much of the guy, which is completely understandable.

One question -- does anyone have a link to the article that Geno and Nealer were referring to (and which he said he was going to call up?) I want to read it...

Pretty sure it's this article.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad