News Article: In which R** R**** gets laughed at by the players he writes about..

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Instead of asking about back checking, they should have asked him about fact checking.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
i abhor the dude. but it's really not fair to link that article as a person's first introduction to the man. very Rossi-esque of you. ;)

it'd be fairer, i think to to provide a description of his jurisprudence.

Pfft, 99% of people who know who he is know him for that. :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
right, so he's in surpreme court. I got that. And he may or may not be a creeper :laugh:
Holy ****.... dude... you need help. I am revoking your voter ID card via citizen's arrest. Aren't you a teacher by trade? Or am I thinking of someone else? :laugh:

I have never voted, so no worries there. And yes, I am a science teacher. Unless I am mistaken, I don't think Clarence Thomas made any significant contributions to science.

and lets be fair here. I was 5 years old in 1991 when that Anita Hill stuff went down.

Last edited:

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Really, anyone who follows DB and reports on him surely knows what an F3 is. DB uses the term probably almost daily in his practices and to some extent, interviews.

To fallow/cover this team for as long as he has should know more than the common folk.

Anyone who has ever played or covered hockey at any extent should know what an F3 is.

He absolutely should; you would imagine he would want to increase his knowledge of the Xs & Os as it would help him understand how the team operates. Whether you have laced up hockey skates or not, it's a simple concept easily learned probably in about 3 minutes using google. To be unsure of what it means and then use it in an article because it makes him seem knowledgable is displaying how unreliable a source he is.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
he meant clarence clemons;)

why didn't he just say The Big Man?

since this thread has gone to hell anyways, i offer a new topic of conversation:

Did The Big Man's association with The Boss cheapen his art, preventing him from fulfilling his true destiny as a master of the tenor sax? that is to say, if not for his association with the man from Jersey, would Clemons' name be mentioned in the same reverential breath as Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis and David 'Fathead' Newman? Discuss.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
since this thread has gone to hell anyways, i offer a new topic of conversation:

Did The Big Man's association with The Boss cheapen his art, preventing him from fulfilling his true destiny as a master of the tenor sax? that is to say, if not for his association with the man from Jersey, would Clemons' name be mentioned in the same reverential breath as Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis and David 'Fathead' Newman? Discuss.

I likely wouldn't know who he was if he wasn't associated with The Boss. So it depends who you ask most likely

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
He absolutely should; you would imagine he would want to increase his knowledge of the Xs & Os as it would help him understand how the team operates. Whether you have laced up hockey skates or not, it's a simple concept easily learned probably in about 3 minutes using google. To be unsure of what it means and then use it in an article because it makes him seem knowledgable is displaying how unreliable a source he is.

Spot on. Rule of thumb for anyone with half a brain is to NEVER get into a discussion and speak with authority about something you know very little about. Any time a person who knows very little about something tries to utilize the "buzz words" and "jargon" so as to appear to be "in the know," I lose total respect for that person. It really should be shameful and embarrassing to be exposed like that, and yet that type of person doesn't seem to get it, and they just continue making the same mistakes over and over again...

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Spot on. Rule of thumb for anyone with half a brain is to NEVER get into a discussion and speak with authority about something you know very little about. Any time a person who knows very little about something tries to utilize the "buzz words" and "jargon" so as to appear to be "in the know," I lose total respect for that person. It really should be shameful and embarrassing to be exposed like that, and yet that type of person doesn't seem to get it, and they just continue making the same mistakes over and over again...

You just described 90% of HFBoards. :laugh:

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

did the big man's association with the boss cheapen his art, preventing him from fulfilling his true destiny as a master of the tenor sax? that is to say, if not for his association with the man from jersey, would clemons' name be mentioned in the same reverential breath as eddie 'lockjaw' davis and david 'fathead' newman? Discuss.

yes!;)

HMPens

Dec 26, 2011
You just described 90% of HFBoards. :laugh:

Yes, but we don't pass ourselves off as "Penguins insiders". I am even losing respect for Josh Yohe and Dejan Kovacevik. The video goes to show that the players do read the papers (probably more so the English speaking players), and they must really shake their heads at some of the stuff the Trib comes up with.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
i abhor the dude. but it's really not fair to link that article as a person's first introduction to the man. very Rossi-esque of you. ;)

it'd be fairer, i think to to provide a description of his jurisprudence.

To be perfectly honest, he's done nothing of note other than be involved in the Hill scandal. He rarely speaks during sessions, never writes opinions, and was utterly unremarkable before being nominated. Most court followers describe him as the dumbest justice ever.

Pfft, 99% of people who know who he is know him for that. :laugh:

Yep.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
so I shouldn't feel bad for not knowing who he is if the only thing of note he's done happened when I was 5 years old?

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
The video goes to show that the players do read the papers (probably more so the English speaking players), and they must really shake their heads at some of the stuff the Trib comes up with.

Yep. Exactly right. I know that even in the field I work in, every time the media prints something where they are trying to give some "scoop" as to how things happen "on the inside," it is very often embarrassingly wrong. We sit around and have a good laugh at how ridiculous the article is, and how sad it is that the readers of the article will accept it as truth... :shakehead

I would have assumed that the same thing happens in pro sports, and that video just confirmed it. The way I see Nealer and Geno basically shaking their heads at Rossi was all too familiar -- exactly the same "disdain" my co-workers and I have towards some media types who print clueless trash...

schmidtlesauce

Sep 23, 2010
Does anyone have a link or remember the interview where Neal ripped Rossi last year i believe? I just remember him being really pissed with his response

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad