In The Game: Broad Street Boys Trading Cards

Hextall4GM

Dec 22, 2009
St. John's, NL
Guys, Picked up another 3 boxes while on vacation, biggest hits were a hawerchuk auto and a quad fabrics with the goalies. I also picked up another 10 box mini case yesterday but have to wait about 3 weeks before I get home to open it. I have also picked up a bunch of stuff from ebay. I have videos of my first case break and will do one for this mini as well and do a summary video when done.
I love this stuff!!

turkinaa

Oct 22, 2007
PA
That reminds me. My fiance has a video of me opening the box with the Katie Smith cut. I should get it from her somehow.

I'm going to the sportscard show on Friday, hopefully, and after that I'll have all my boxes open and I'll know what duplicate auto and base cards I have.

nsphillyfan

Jul 16, 2004
I am trying to complete the gold base set and am currently at 65/100.

I will trade 5 regular base cards or 2 autos (sorry no short prints) or a jersey from this set for each gold. If you are interested send me a list of what golds you have and I will send you a list of what I have available. I also have a limited number of gold duplicates if anybody is working on that.

Golds I need,
Complete Thanks to all those helped
Thanks

Last edited:

turkinaa

Oct 22, 2007
PA
I went to the National Show today in Bmore and they are out of redemption cards for BSB. They are giving away Between the Pipe cards (pads/gloves) in place of the BSB cards. I was hoping they would have had enough, but I have a feeling that they went through it pretty fast. Some dealers still had the product and it ranged from 80-90 per box. Unless you're going to drop cash for products, it's not worth going to try to redeem.

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
im not surprised as most places that have remaining stock continue to jack up prices on remaining stock. bsb is going to most likely be bone dry by xmas

turkinaa

Oct 22, 2007
PA
im not surprised as most places that have remaining stock continue to jack up prices on remaining stock. bsb is going to most likely be bone dry by xmas

80 isn't bad, but when they try to push the boxes saying you get redemptions they're being dishonest. I told every one I found selling the boxes that the redemption were gone for BSB and they had no idea (except for one dealer - which made about 1 of 4). There aren't a lot of dealers left with it, but I strongly dislike how they push products at the ignorance of the shopper.

Case in point: someone went to the ITG table with a BSB box which they had just purchased from a dealer (I'm guessing it was one who had it for 85, said it was a hot seller, and I told several of the people working there that they were out of the BSB cards) and was totally surprised that they were out of the redemption cards. They did get a Bryz card which was very nice, but seemed dissapointed that they spent the money on a product possibly relying on the dealer saying you could get a redemption card. Of course I could be totally wrong since I found a Bryz redemption BTP card on eBay from a seller in Maryland so maybe the guy was only after reselling the redemption card.

This product though is going fast, not just for the redemption, but also because it was a short print and prices could easily go up.

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
80 isn't bad, but when they try to push the boxes saying you get redemptions they're being dishonest. I told every one I found selling the boxes that the redemption were gone for BSB and they had no idea (except for one dealer - which made about 1 of 4). There aren't a lot of dealers left with it, but I strongly dislike how they push products at the ignorance of the shopper.

Case in point: someone went to the ITG table with a BSB box which they had just purchased from a dealer (I'm guessing it was one who had it for 85, said it was a hot seller, and I told several of the people working there that they were out of the BSB cards) and was totally surprised that they were out of the redemption cards. They did get a Bryz card which was very nice, but seemed dissapointed that they spent the money on a product possibly relying on the dealer saying you could get a redemption card. Of course I could be totally wrong since I found a Bryz redemption BTP card on eBay from a seller in Maryland so maybe the guy was only after reselling the redemption card.

This product though is going fast, not just for the redemption, but also because it was a short print and prices could easily go up.

Eh. Technically they aren't being dishonest. The redemption is still going. You can redeem a box and get memorabilia card out of it, its just not from the Broad Street Boys set. For whats it worth, the Between the Pipes set is pretty good. But I understand why you and others would be upset. Especially anyone who doesn't collect and only did it because they are Flyers fans.

I managed to redeem 5 boxes on friday before they ran out and got pretty lucky with the redemption cards. Came out with a Briere/Bryz/Giroux/Coburn quad and a Brasher Game Used Orange.

I came back this morning with two more boxes and found out then that they had run out. Like many, I was a bit upset, but it was offset by the the Patrick Roy jersey card I got out the redemption, plus I found a dealer selling the broad street boys cards individually. $50 got me 20+ Silvers, 8 Golds, 4 autos and a jersey. Pretty happy with that buy.

turkinaa

Oct 22, 2007
PA
Eh. Technically they aren't being dishonest. The redemption is still going. You can redeem a box and get memorabilia card out of it, its just not from the Broad Street Boys set. For whats it worth, the Between the Pipes set is pretty good. But I understand why you and others would be upset. Especially anyone who doesn't collect and only did it because they are Flyers fans.

They didn't know/didn't tell/change the notes on the boxes being sold that they were redeeming BTP cards. That's what gets me, especially when it's being used to sold the boxes.

You were lucky you got the cards. I was there Friday, but they were out.

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
They didn't know/didn't tell/change the notes on the boxes being sold that they were redeeming BTP cards. That's what gets me, especially when it's being used to sold the boxes.

You were lucky you got the cards. I was there Friday, but they were out.

Its impossible for ITG to know everyone there selling their product. Dealers get their boxes through distributors, not ITG directly, so I don't think ITG has real records of all the dealers with the product. You said you counted 4 dealers selling Broad Street Boys boxes. I saw atleast 8 or 9 dealers selling it, and there were probably more than that. You can see why it would be hard to find everyone selling it at the show.

Obviously, its easier to find the dealers with it that were in the corporate section, and I think at some point ITG went around to inform them. I had noticed that by Saturday Blowout Cards had moved the boxes off their Redemption table to the rest of the hockey boxes and Dave & Adams had taken off their In The Game Redemption sticker off the boxes.

turkinaa

Oct 22, 2007
PA
Its impossible for ITG to know everyone there selling their product. Dealers get their boxes through distributors, not ITG directly, so I don't think ITG has real records of all the dealers with the product.
Obviously, its easier to find the dealers with it that were in the corporate section, and I think at some point ITG went around to inform them. I had noticed that by Saturday Blowout Cards had moved the boxes off their Redemption table to the rest of the hockey boxes and Dave & Adams had taken off their In The Game Redemption sticker off the boxes.

I never said anything about ITG knowing who had their product. I'm aware that their product gets sent all over the place both to distributors (who then send it out all over the place) and to direct dealers (such as stores). Heck I bought boxes at the show from a dealer from KY. Kentucky! I didn't know there were hockey fans or Flyer fans there. Nor do I fault ITG for not having enough redemption cards or find them liable to notify dealers there that their redemption ran out.

What I don't like is when dealers keep selling their product knowing they are out of redemptions. As both someone who worked in a card store and someone who has bought a lot of product over the years, I want the seller to be informed about the product as well as the redemptions they use to make sales. Blowout Cards wouldn't lower their price because they kept saying that they were selling amazingly at the price they had, to which I countered with because of the redemption and the redemption for BSB is out (substituted by BTP). That was after being told by one person there they could do better and someone else saying that they couldn't. They continued to sell the product with signs for the BSB redemption with the product even after being told that the redemption was out (and at least one person, regardless of their intent to keep or sell the redemption, relied upon it probably while making their purchase).

I'm glad that they, and other dealers, finally made the change.

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
I am trying to complete the gold base set and am currently at 51/100.

I will trade 5 regular base cards or 2 autos (sorry no short prints) or a jersey from this set for each gold. If you are interested send me a list of what golds you have and I will send you a list of what I have available. I also have a limited number of gold duplicates if anybody is working on that.

Golds I need,

Thanks

when i get home ill check my golds to let you know if i can help in your quest. i think im just going to finish the regular base. still 5 cards short

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
I am trying to complete the gold base set and am currently at 65/100.

Golds I need,

Thanks

sir if you need i can trade you 35 20 52 28 25 01 if you need.

turkinaa

Oct 22, 2007
PA
Drat, I forgot to make a list of the base cards/dups I have. I do have extra autographs as well.

nsphillyfan

Jul 16, 2004
Looking for Gold

If anybody is interested in trading their BSB Golds I have the following available to trade.

Base ; all except 20,41,51,61,73,90,96

Autos
Andre Dupont, Andre Lacroix, Antero Niittymaki, Bill Sutherland
Brian Propp, Brad Marsh, Bob Froese, Bob Kelly, Bob Dailey
Chris Therien, Craig Berube, Dave Brown, Dave Leonardi 3
Dan Carcillo, Don Salesk, Dave Poulin, Forbes Kennedy
Gary Dornhoefer, Jack Mchilargey, Jim Watson, Joe Watson, Joffery Lupul
Ken Linseman, Kjell Samuelsson, Larry Zeidel, Leon Rochefort, Lou Angotti
Larry Goodenough, Mel Bridgman,Murray Craven, Mark Laforest
Paul Holmgren, Ross Lonsberry, Rich Sutter, Simon Nolet
Sandy McCarthy, Scott Mellanby, Sergei Bobrovsky, Tim Kerr, Terry Crisp
Tony Amonte

Jerseys
Brind'Amour (W), Brind'Amour (B), Brind'Amour (W)
Bryzgalov (B), Desjardins (B),Carter (W), Emery (W), Laforest (W)
Leach (W),Resch (O), Rinaldo (O),
Sittler (O),Sutter Ron (B), Sutter Ron (B/W), Sutter Ron (W/O)
Vanbiesbrouck (O)

Golds

These are the Golds I am looking for...
Complete Thanks to all those who helped

Thanks

Last edited:

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
ns im going to hold off mailing it to you. ive got 5 additional golds from your list, trying to see if my buddies have the others you need. hope all is well today

2050 60 73 75 will be on its way with the others

nsphillyfan

Jul 16, 2004
ns im going to hold off mailing it to you. ive got 5 additional golds from your list, trying to see if my buddies have the others you need. hope all is well today

2050 60 73 75 will be on its way with the others

Send me a list of 2 autos and or jerseys from the list for each gold. I also have the following goaltender jerseys that i will trade 1 for 1 .

Esche (W), Boucher (O), Boucher (B), Esche (B)
Cechmanek (O), Niittymaki (B),Bryzgalov (O), Bobrovsky (W)

Thanks

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
i sent it out yesterday after no one got back to me, ill keep digging amongst the guys that did breaks with me to see what i can find for you. ill send you my list via pm

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00