pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
Last edited by a moderator:

bobbyboucher24

May 9, 2002
Philadelphia, USA
Visit site
I am still a pretty big collector of cards, most hockey but will also dabble in baseball. This is a fantastic looking set. I had not heard about it yet. My favorite player is Marian Hossa (Slovak heritage) and my collection of him is pretty sick. Also cost a fortune over the years (estimated 10k). I also have a pretty nice collection of LeClair autographed memorabilia cards. I will try and post a part of my collection in the next few weeks.

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
In The Game without a doubt makes the best hockey cards out there. I've collected the whole base sets for the Franchise and 1972 sets they've put out. The Franchise set they put out a few years ago is still my favorite set hockey set out there. Unfortunately they lost there licensing agreement with the NHL (NHL went exclusive to Upper Deck) which killed them.

Looking forward to this set. Anyone know if it could be purchased online anywhere? Doubt I'll be able to find it in South Carolina...

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
In The Game without a doubt makes the best hockey cards out there. I've collected the whole base sets for the Franchise and 1972 sets they've put out. The Franchise set they put out a few years ago is still my favorite set hockey set out there. Unfortunately they lost there licensing agreement with the NHL (NHL went exclusive to Upper Deck) which killed them.

Looking forward to this set. Anyone know if it could be purchased online anywhere? Doubt I'll be able to find it in South Carolina...

probably find it on ebay. I used to collect cards. Got out of it. was getting to expensive to try and build all these sets. especially the rookies in the higher end card sets. Last set I tried to build was the 05-06 UD.
Now I use the money for game worn jerseys when I find one I like.

DeadPhish5858

Rumham!
Sep 12, 2007
the Shade
www.godblesstheflyers.com

Shadeslayer813

Jul 12, 2009
Fort Drum
Game used memorabilia checklist

M-01 Tony Amonte
M-02 Blair Betts
M-03 Sergei Bobrovsky
M-04 Brian Boucher
M-05 Donald Brashear
M-06 Mel Bridgman
M-07 Daniel Briere
M-08 Dave Brown
M-09 Ilya Bryzgalov
M-10 Dan Carcillo
M-11 Jeff Carter
M-12 Braydon Coburn
M-13 Eric Desjardins
M-14 Ray Emery
M-15 Peter Forsberg
M-16 Nicklas Grossmann
M-17 Dale Hawerchuk
M-18 Ron Hextall
M-19 Mark Howe
M-20 Pavel Kubina
M-21 Mark LaForest
M-22 Reggie Leach
M-23 John LeClair
M-24 Andreas Lilja
M-25 Eric Lindros
M-26 Phil Myre
M-27 Keith Primeau
M-28 Brian Propp
M-29 Mark Recchi
M-30 Chico Resch
M-31 Zack Rinaldo
M-32 Jeremy Roenick
M-33 Jody Shelley
M-34 Darryl Sittler
M-35 P.J. Stock
M-36 Rich Sutter
M-37 Ron Sutter
M-38 John Vanbiesbrouck
M-39 Bill Barber (limited)
M-40 Bobby Clarke (limited)
M-41 Rick MacLeish (limited)
M-42 Claude Giroux (limited)
M-43 Bernie Parent (limted)
M-44 Dave Schultz (limited)

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
looks like its going to be any where from 85 to 100 per box. each box has 14 cards. 8 base 6 premium insert cards either being autos game used mem's ( jerseys, patches, emblems, numbers, sticks and so on)

nice to see the 700 level and hockeybuzz posted something about this today too

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
nameplates.jpg

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Speaking of cards...if anybody wants to buy a Juha Widing and Gene Carr (Albino twins) card when they were on the Kings..I actually have them...:sarcasm:

Kidding aside have lots of 70's cards like the ones in the second pic. I have Larry Robinson's rookie card among others...

If anybody is looking for obscure cards from back in the day let me know. Have tons in shoe boxes. Sometimes I check them out and have a few laughs like when I see cards of Harold Snepsts and Yvon Labre...but Gene Carr and Juha are among my faves. A few Golden Seals ones are funny too.

juhawiding.jpg

ss0628.jpg

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Speaking of cards...if anybody wants to buy a Juha Widing and Gene Carr (Albino twins) card when they were on the Kings..I actually have them...:sarcasm:

Kidding aside have lots of 70's cards like the ones in the second pic. I have Larry Robinson's rookie card among others...

If anybody is looking for obscure cards from back in the day let me know. Have tons in shoe boxes. Sometimes I check them out and have a few laughs like when I see cards of Harold Snepsts and Yvon Labre...but Gene Carr and Juha are among my faves. A few Golden Seals ones are funny too.

juhawiding.jpg

ss0628.jpg

I'd love that Cowboy Bill Flett card in the second picture. That guys was so sick.

As far as this new release goes, I haven't bought any cards since high school, but this makes me want to. I have stuck specifically to actual autographs on pucks, pictures, jerseys, etc but these cards look pretty damned sweet.

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
ITG is pretty legit when it comes to game used stuff. Nice set will be picking up a case for sure.

i agree. they did an awesome job a while back when they did the canadians set. So im very much looking forward to this release. where are you going to be getting your case from and will you be doing the 10 or 20 box case

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So can someone clarify this for me...

You buy the box and it says you get 14 cards (six inserts and eight base). So does this mean that I am guaranteed some combination for six game used or autographed cards? Or is it like back in the old days when there were one insert per pack but the inserts were crappy modifications on the regular cards? It says on the site there will be a combo of game-used and autographed, but I am just wondering if ALL SIX inserts will be of that type.

Sorry, but like I said earlier, I haven't bought cards in a long time...

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
So can someone clarify this for me...

You buy the box and it says you get 14 cards (six inserts and eight base). So does this mean that I am guaranteed some combination for six game used or autographed cards? Or is it like back in the old days when there were one insert per pack but the inserts were crappy modifications on the regular cards? It says on the site there will be a combo of game-used and autographed, but I am just wondering if ALL SIX inserts will be of that type.

Sorry, but like I said earlier, I haven't bought cards in a long time...

you get 6 autos or game used randomly. so in one box you may get 3 autos 3 game used piece cards. another u may get 5 autos and 1 game used card and etc so its a random process. ive gotten boxes recently from panini where i did better than what i was stated to get. the crappy mod cards are the regular cards lol. they've done hockey cards for a while

Hextall4GM

Dec 22, 2009
St. John's, NL
i agree. they did an awesome job a while back when they did the canadians set. So im very much looking forward to this release. where are you going to be getting your case from and will you be doing the 10 or 20 box case

I am in Newfoundland Canada and will be picking up at least a 10 box and maybe a 20 from my local hobby shop, who I'm pretty loyal to. Unless he tries to fleece me then it will be ebay.

Pre-sale info/pricing is supposed to be out but I haven't heard anything yet.

ITG do a great job with the cards but because of the non-license issue, you wont pull the major "lottery" type card worth +$1000.

As a flyers fan I can pretty much guarantee you will get value out of you pack/box, and I have a feeling with the limited availability and fan base from outside the standard hobbiest creating demand. This will be one hot aftermarket product.

The Canadians superlative set had major competition, the Flyers have nothing really.

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
I am in Newfoundland Canada and will be picking up at least a 10 box and maybe a 20 from my local hobby shop, who I'm pretty loyal to. Unless he tries to fleece me then it will be ebay.

Pre-sale info/pricing is supposed to be out but I haven't heard anything yet.

ITG do a great job with the cards but because of the non-license issue, you wont pull the major "lottery" type card worth +$1000.

As a flyers fan I can pretty much guarantee you will get value out of you pack/box, and I have a feeling with the limited availability and fan base from outside the standard hobbiest creating demand. This will be one hot aftermarket product.

The Canadians superlative set had major competition, the Flyers have nothing really.

ive been qouted anywhere from 85 to 100 a box. and wait you may do 30 boxes? now thats loyalty

Hextall4GM

Dec 22, 2009
St. John's, NL
DSC03159.jpg

Two of my favorite cards right now. These are out of 10.

But yea, I plan on busting quite a bit and maybe going after a master set or something.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Wow, this is some expensive stuff. If it is over $100 it is probably too rich for my blood. Does anyone know if these will be readily available or will they sell out quickly? Once again, sorry if that is stupid question but I haven't purchased cards in a long time and never purchased anything like this in the realm of card collecting.

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
DSC03159.jpg

Two of my favorite cards right now. These are out of 10.

But yea, I plan on busting quite a bit and maybe going after a master set or something.

thats awesome. good stuff. well i believe my friends and i will be busting a 20 box case. good luck.

btw did u pull those from pack? i also see a dominion box in the back, did u get anything nice out of that ?

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
Wow, this is some expensive stuff. If it is over $100 it is probably too rich for my blood. Does anyone know if these will be readily available or will they sell out quickly? Once again, sorry if that is stupid question but I haven't purchased cards in a long time and never purchased anything like this in the realm of card collecting.

itg products are usually limited to a certain amount. depending on where u get it like i said ive been qouted 85 to 100, 90 is prob the average. but before the next hockey season begins it should be available to get. let me know if u have any other questions

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00