In The Game: Broad Street Boys Trading Cards

bcphlyer

Aug 17, 2012
Terrace, BC
Looking at the checklist on the ITG site and they show auto's of Michael Leighton, Rick St Croix and Sean Burke. I havn't seen any of these on ebay, has anybody seen any of these cards, thanks.

Hextall4GM

Dec 22, 2009
St. John's, NL
Looking at the checklist on the ITG site and they show auto's of Michael Leighton, Rick St Croix and Sean Burke. I havn't seen any of these on ebay, has anybody seen any of these cards, thanks.

I have Leighton, St. Croix but the Burke is a tough one. It is out there and was on ebay after the first week.

I actually have an extra Leighton.

nsphillyfan

Jul 16, 2004

I actually have the Burke. Pulled it pretty early and foolishly thought the rest of the extra limited would be that easy. I got 2 ex-ltd and 6 ltd. in 40+ boxes and 10 orange autos. I wonder how limited or ex-limited these are when there are 10 orange of each.

Hextall4GM

Dec 22, 2009
St. John's, NL
I actually have the Burke. Pulled it pretty early and foolishly thought the rest of the extra limited would be that easy. I got 2 ex-ltd and 6 ltd. in 40+ boxes and 10 orange autos. I wonder how limited or ex-limited these are when there are 10 orange of each.

I've done over 40 boxes as well and haven't pulled one xl!! I did get around 10 orange autos like you though and maybe 4-5 ltd autos.

There's only 200 cases or 4000 boxes remember. So myself and NSphilly have pulled 2 EL's over 4 cases. Multiply by the sample size X50 and you have roughly 100 EL's divide by 8 cards and you are at 12.5 copies judging by our sample size.

Using the same logic on the Limiteds, we had 10 over the sample, times 50 gives you 500 divide by 13 cards gives you 38 copies.

To check the math against the oranges, we had 20 cards, multiplied by 50 = 1000 divided by 88 gives you 11.36 against 10 stated.

If you use that the 13.6 percent as a correction due to breaking more than 4 cases between us (we said over 40 boxes each) or because of a small sample size, the numbers become:

EL - 11 copies of each
L - 33 copies of each

I don't think there are exact numbers either, some of the ELs and Ls are scarcer than others IMHO and further to this I would say their are different tiers of quantities in the regular autos as well.

The odds of pulling:

EL .44 per 20 box case
L 2.145 per 20 box case

Beastieboy

Aug 16, 2006
Winnipeg
Anyone wanting to trade base cards I have extras of: 15, 16, 20, 32, 82, 83, 84, 86, 90, 95, 96, 99. I still need about half the set.

Beastieboy

Aug 16, 2006
Winnipeg
Thanks to nsphillyfan I am very close to completing base set.

Anyone still looking to trade for BSB base cards, or other Flyers cards? I need eight more cards for base set #3,9,22,39,56,69,70,94

Thanks!

nsphillyfan

Jul 16, 2004
Tough set to complete

Looking for Read, Coburn and Coffey to complete the autos...

On another note pulled my fourth Lindros auto (not to mention an orange of Lindros as well).

jb

Hextall4GM

Dec 22, 2009
St. John's, NL
They're sold out to buy it buy the pack, but you may find a box or two online somewhere. You can pick up singles on Ebay, which is probably your best best.

Beastieboy

Aug 16, 2006
Winnipeg
Just finally completed my base set. Had to get the last 4 cards on eBay. Many thanks to posters here for the trades/sales that helped me complete the set.:yo:

Eastburn1224

Sep 15, 2005
Aston, PA
I was going to make a new thread, but this one was updated OT too long ago. I have only opened up 2 boxes of his stuff so far an have done very well. I pulled the Bryz XL out of both boxes and in one of them there was also a Doug Favell limited auto in there. I have since sold both Bryz's but if anyone still needs that Favell for their set let me know. I'd like to move it for some other sets that I am working on.

-Bill

nsphillyfan

Jul 16, 2004
Looking for Coffey Auto to finish the set...

Hey if anybody has a Paul Coffey auto and is thinking about moving it, let me know. I will make a very good offer.

Thanks

John

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad