In The Game: Broad Street Boys Trading Cards

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
The cost is easy to find, but to be honest, I could easily afford it and have been watching it for awhile. ;)

I have about 4-5k in cards to unload unto ebay in the next week, JVR and Bobrovsky anyone? :laugh:

before you go crazy listing on ebay let me know what you have. i could find homes for them most likely

Bryzard of Oz

Mar 28, 2012
I've caved in and want to buy at least a few boxes just for the fun of it. I've been scoping out ebay for boxes but for those of you who are more familiar, is there any risk to buying online? Weighing boxes? Resealing packs etc?

I live in Kitchener ON and the only places I can find (mostly toronto) want like $125 a box. It's been probably 15 years since I've opened a pack of cards so I'm kind of out of the game, money's not an object but I don't want to be screwed with my pants on before I even get to peel off the wrapper.

Thanks for any opinions.

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
125 seems a bit high. As far as weighing. The boxes them selves are pretty much the same weight. I opened 20 plus. Didn't seem any diff. Email me if you have any questions. And I cna probably find you cheaper prices.

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
With ebay read feedbacks for the person selling. As far as searching unless you know someone who works there. You just have to trust you best judgement on that one. If they are reputable then you shouldn't have to worry. Good luck.

nsphillyfan

Jul 16, 2004
Looking to trade

Looking to complete the base set and trade some of my duplicate autos..

Here is the list
Base Needs

Dupes to trade
01,05,08x(2),09,13,14,

Autos
Dupes to trade
Angotti x2, Bobrovsky, Dailey x2, Holmgren x2, Kelly, Kennedy, Laforest,
Linseman, Lupul, Marsh, Mellanby x2, Nolet, Rochefort, Saleski, Kjell
Sameulsson, Schultz, Rich Sutter, Therien, Zeidel

Need
Amonte, Barber, Berube, Bladon, Brind'amour, Downie, Dineen, Peeters,
Poulin, Primeau, Recchi, Resch, Ulf Samuelsson, Sutherland, Van Impe,

Need Limited
Briere, Clarke, Favell, Giroux, Hawerchuk, Hextall, Howe,
Leclair,Parent, Pronger, Read, Roenick,

Need Extra Limited
Bryzgalov, Coburn, Coffey,Couturier, Forsberg, Jagr, Sittler,

Also if anybody has a Richardson or Allison Letter and wants to trade for a Brind'amour Letter let me know.

Thanks for looking

turkinaa

Oct 22, 2007
PA
I've caved in and want to buy at least a few boxes just for the fun of it. I've been scoping out ebay for boxes but for those of you who are more familiar, is there any risk to buying online? Weighing boxes? Resealing packs etc?

I live in Kitchener ON and the only places I can find (mostly toronto) want like $125 a box. It's been probably 15 years since I've opened a pack of cards so I'm kind of out of the game, money's not an object but I don't want to be screwed with my pants on before I even get to peel off the wrapper.

Thanks for any opinions.

A lot of the stores around here were asking for $125 when it came out and it was a high then and still seems a bit high now.

The way these packs are done are that they are sealed in ITG shrinkwraped and are in plastic cases within a larger box. I do not think it is very possible to weigh out a difference or repack them unless it clearly says that it is a repack (they do that with magic cards and it drives me crazy). pughater is right though that ebay feedback is sometimes the best way to determine if a seller is on the level or not.

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county

Thanks for any opinions.

have you tried cloutsnchara? they are in kitchener

Beastieboy

Aug 16, 2006
Winnipeg
These cards look great but I am mystifed by some of the players excluded and some of the players included. Here are 10 I would replace.

Most glaring ommissions in my book are: Gagne, Tocchet, Eklund, Dornhoefer, Sinisalo, Shero, McCrimmon, Hartnell, Renberg, Timonen.

I wonder why they include guys like Coffey, Hawerchuk, Emery, Hannigan, McCarthy, Myre, Resch, McIlhargey, Goodenough and Sestito. Rather than Emery or Resch - Esche or Biron would make more sense. Emery didn't even play 30 games for Flyers. Resch played 22 games. Coffey and Hawerchuk just dropped by for a while. How does Sestito get in rather than Timonen? Some strange choices.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
These cards look great but I am mystifed by some of the players excluded and some of the players included. Here are 10 I would replace.

Most glaring ommissions in my book are: Gagne, Tocchet, Eklund, Dornhoefer, Sinisalo, Shero, McCrimmon, Hartnell, Renberg, Timonen.

I wonder why they include guys like Coffey, Hawerchuk, Emery, Hannigan, McCarthy, Myre, Resch, McIlhargey, Goodenough and Sestito. Rather than Emery or Resch - Esche or Biron would make more sense. Emery didn't even play 30 games for Flyers. Resch played 22 games. Coffey and Hawerchuk just dropped by for a while. How does Sestito get in rather than Timonen? Some strange choices.

agreed.. probably due to availability of these players

turkinaa

Oct 22, 2007
PA

For base cards I have no idea. I guess thats what happens when you try to cram over 40 years of players into 100 cards.

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county
the trading card business you have to sign players to deals in order to use them on cards. if a player isnt sign to a deal with that company or their deal is expired they cant be used. some players have exclusive deals with a certain company, others just dont like to sign or do stuff after hockey. it could be a number of things why certain players were left out. the set is big enough already i could only imagine what it would be like if they included all the greats from every era.

turkinaa

Oct 22, 2007
PA
the set is big enough already i could only imagine what it would be like if they included all the greats from every era.

Not just a Flyers set, but a set of every player who has played an NHL game for them. More Pavel Brendl and Neil Little cards to collect for me!

nsphillyfan

Jul 16, 2004
He Scores

While lamenting the fact that nobody seems interested in trading for my duplicate autos and helping me finish the base set I decided to buy the last three boxes at my local card store. Every auto and base was more doubles but I did manage to score the Flyers Soviet Game to remember card. Woo Hoo!

Viller

Mar 24, 2007
Am I understanding this right when you guys say you broke 20 boxes, you mean you broke 20 x 100$ box right? 2 grand of cards? Really?

I use to love collecting cards but at that price, I could find alot of better things to do with 2 grand :P

nsphillyfan

Jul 16, 2004
Am I understanding this right when you guys say you broke 20 boxes, you mean you broke 20 x 100$ box right? 2 grand of cards? Really?

I use to love collecting cards but at that price, I could find alot of better things to do with 2 grand :P

Don't drink, Don't smoke, Don't gamble. It's my vice. This set is once in a lifetime. I have been collecting flyers cards for 15 years and these are the first boxes I broke in all that time.

Hextall4GM

Dec 22, 2009
St. John's, NL

Guys its all RELATIVE. 2000 means to some people what 200 means to others.

Hextall4GM

Dec 22, 2009
St. John's, NL
While lamenting the fact that nobody seems interested in trading for my duplicate autos and helping me finish the base set I decided to buy the last three boxes at my local card store. Every auto and base was more doubles but I did manage to score the Flyers Soviet Game to remember card. Woo Hoo!

Beauty hit man! I have a few traders but the only SP I have double of is Pronger. Do you need that? Do you have a list of what you need and what you can offer?

turkinaa

Oct 22, 2007
PA
I have some doubles, but I currently do not know which ones since they are not in my current location. I know I have an extra Goodenough (his sig looks different each time, possibly health issues?).

turkinaa

Oct 22, 2007
PA
For my birthday my Fiance bought me a pack as a surprise and I pulled these:

SVpyA.jpg

and

3oTm2.jpg

She somehow finds the best boxes.

pughater

Jan 25, 2008
montgomery county

2000 bucks is nothing if your one of the lucky 2 to pull say the pelle cut autos or the flyers vs soviets 1 of 1 that sold on ebay for over 2 grands

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad