Value of: In the Future - a 2C to the New York Rangers

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Wasn't serious at all. It was a shot at the Talbot trade

In all reality though I don't see why some type of package with Georgiev couldn't be a sufficient return for RNH

We have Lias Andersson who is cheap and early in his career, why would we deal for RNH?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

In all reality though I don't see why some type of package with Georgiev couldn't be a sufficient return for RNH

Georgiev wouldn't be the main part in an RNH trade but he could be a part, sure. Nobody is sold on the goaltending in Edmonton.

NateB19

Feb 25, 2016
I'm not joking, the oilers are joking. They're the joke of the NHL and the only thing terrible is you thinking that they shouldn't trade from a position of strength to fill a position of need.

You still didn't show me where I said a pick. I said Georgiev +. It could be Kreider and a prospect like Lundquist or Rykov. The oilers would be insane not to take a package like that.

But I'll just sit here with a beer in my hand laughing while Georgiev puts up stellar numbers on a rebuilding team while the Oilers miss the playoffs again with the best player in the world and arguably another in the top 10
If the Rangers included Lundkvist in any trade for Nuge, I'd stab my eyes out.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
And Zibanejad is a 1C and Gagner has been a middling player at best in his career, so what's your point?

That judging a player based off one game is nonsense? Thought it was pretty obvious.

If someone didn't think zib was a 1C going into the season one good game won't be enough to turn them

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
That Rangers team is going to suck, so I guess a 2020 unprotected 1st+ could get you something decent (Henrique, Turris, Danault, etc).

Reactions: voxel

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
That Rangers team is going to suck, so I guess a 2020 unprotected 1st+ could get you something decent (Henrique, Turris, Danault, etc).

Not a chance they would trade a 1st round pick for those first 2 guys....as for Phil Danault he's turned into a pretty good middle-6 center and I doubt MTL has much interest in trading him at this time.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton

Why would Edmonton move 1 of their 3 top 6 forwards for a goalie prospect+? Also when's the last time a 69 point 2 way center got traded for a goalie prospect+?

The reason everyone is taking offense to your replies is most people don't start listing off the failures of the other persons favorite team for no good reason after their idea gas been rejected. It's like me at my work saying "hey we should do this" and when they say no I reply "well this company has no idea what it's doing and your wife is overweight"

Reactions: TFHockey

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Why would Edmonton move 1 of their 3 top 6 forwards for a goalie prospect+? Also when's the last time a 69 point 2 way center got traded for a goalie prospect+?

The reason everyone is taking offense to your replies is most people don't start listing off the failures of the other persons favorite team for no good reason after their idea gas been rejected. It's like me at my work saying "hey we should do this" and when they say no I reply "well this company has no idea what it's doing and your wife is overweight"

The poster that originally replied was snarky, sarcastic, an overall dick and assumed the plus was a draft pick when those words never existed from me. I'd call that a pretty good reason to explain why Edmonton might want to look at picking up a possible future #1 goalie and pointed to their recent track record as the main driving factor.

And to answer your first question..because they need a future #1, possibly as soon as next year? Unless you believe Koskinen is going to be that guy. & Georgiev is far from a prospect; he outplayed Lundqvist the second half of last season and is only 23. I think (understandably) west coast fans haven't seen much of him and there's some serious undervaluing of him here.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
The poster that originally replied was snarky, sarcastic, an overall dick and assumed the plus was a draft pick when those words never existed from me. I'd call that a pretty good reason to explain why Edmonton might want to look at picking up a possible future #1 goalie and pointed to their recent track record as the main driving factor.

Georgiev is far from a prospect. He outplayed Lundqvist the second half of last season and is only 23. I think (understandably) west coast fans haven't seen much of him and there's some serious undervaluing of him here.
Edmonton has that track record because it has been run by a revolving door of morons. I don't necessarily disagree that we need goal tending(I've been impressed by Smith's play)b no one's trading a 60-70 point 2 way center for a young goalie no matter how good he is, especially since said center is 1 of only 3 top 6 forwards on the team. We need more of them not less.

Reactions: TFHockey

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Edmonton has that track record because it has been run by a revolving door of morons. I don't necessarily disagree that we need goal tending(I've been impressed by Smith's play)b no one's trading a 60-70 point 2 way center for a young goalie no matter how good he is, especially since said center is 1 of only 3 top 6 forwards on the team. We need more of them not less.

You wouldn't do something around Georgiev, Kreider, Hajek/Howden for RNH? Hajek or Howden in there to compensate for Kreider being a UFA after this season.

I think both teams would have to seriously consider that

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I'm not interested in retyping it as I'm sure that's exactly what you'd do is just **** on it but I will tell you I have guys like Duchene Larkin Horvat Couturier and Trochek ahead of him that should give you a good idea where I feel he's ranked and I'm certainly not alone as I've already stated MHH and Meta-hockey both agree with me that's he's not a top line C

Is Zib off to the best start a 2nd line center has ever had? 7 pts in 5 periods, is that good?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The rangers already have a great 2c his name is Mika Zibanejad

Except it not a joke he's a top end 2c

I don't I think you have to be one of the 31 best centers in hockey and I think zib is somewhere around 35-40

View attachment 259051
Again I'll state that 3 different hockey sites agree with me.... Evolving hockey, Meta-hockey and mile high hockey all said he's no better than 30
L. O. L.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Sam gagner had an 8 point night...

Yeah, but makes people react is the attitude: I am an expert. I got a little time, am throwing down some cold ones on the couch, I’ll be kind enough to answer your questions if you beg nicely. Zibanejad is a top 40-50 center in the NHL.

Lol, if you knew anything about the NHL and hockey, you would have known that he clearly was at least top 25 and it’s not even up for debate.

It is really hilarious how people still think they can “Corsi scout” the NHL. A player’s analytic footprint can change totally over night if the player changes teams or is put in a different environment. If the analytic foot print gave you a somewhat reliable picture of how good a player was — that would of course not be the case.

And if you look back at the track record of the analytic community the last years — it’s down right humiliating. These guys were claiming to know everything and you couldn’t discuss anything for years, then you look back at the calls that was made and it’s just ridiculously bad. I am a bit analytics guy myself, but you can’t only look at it in hockey. It’s very important tool, but hockey is too complex for it to work standalone and it’s also underdeveloped. It’s been way to focused on proving that the numbers are perfect, instead of improving them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad