Value of: In the Future - a 2C to the New York Rangers

chapeau

Jan 16, 2019
You claim there are 35-40 better centers yet you’re incapable of producing their names.

L.O.L

2yofSgv.gif
And you claim Zibanejad’s a better center than Draisatl. You’re delusional.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Why do we need a 2nd line center? we are rebuilding. Our team has Chytil, Strome, Anderson, Howden and Kakko can play center plus maybe we choose a center in next year's draft.

Reactions: Shootertooter

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Show me where I said a pick

Either way I'm sure the duo of the corpse of Mike Smith and Koskinen will deliver Edmonton to the promiseland LMAO

Not sure why you're taking shots at any fanbase when our last cup was 25 years ago, and the one prior to that was in freaking WW2.

Reactions: MC2D

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Joke if you like, but that doesn't make your player valuation any better.

Terrible.

I'm not joking, the oilers are joking. They're the joke of the NHL and the only thing terrible is you thinking that they shouldn't trade from a position of strength to fill a position of need.

You still didn't show me where I said a pick. I said Georgiev +. It could be Kreider and a prospect like Lundquist or Rykov. The oilers would be insane not to take a package like that.

But I'll just sit here with a beer in my hand laughing while Georgiev puts up stellar numbers on a rebuilding team while the Oilers miss the playoffs again with the best player in the world and arguably another in the top 10

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'm not joking, the oilers are joking. They're the joke of the NHL and the only thing terrible is you thinking that they shouldn't trade from a position of strength to fill a position of need.

You still didn't show me where I said a pick. I said Georgiev +. It could be Kreider and a prospect like Lundquist or Rykov. The oilers would be insane not to take a package like that.

But I'll just sit here with a beer in my hand laughing while Georgiev puts up stellar numbers on a rebuilding team while the Oilers miss the playoffs again with the best player in the world and arguably another in the top 10

You're right about this at least. You did say "+" and I assumed it was a pick or a lesser prospect of sorts. Usually the "+" is less valuable than the asset listed.

Your post, bluntly, is pretty immature. Offer an lopsided trade and then insult the fans, the players and the team when you get shut down.

When you write "position of strength" I assume you mean Edmonton's centers. If you knew much about the Oilers you'd know having RNH allows Tippett to run Draisaitl with McDavid whenever he needs to. Moving RNH and Draisaitl around from center to wing is a demonstration of forward weakness, not strength. The Oilers absolutely shouldn't trade one of few legit top 6 forwards for a goaltender "+".

So sure go ahead and drink your beer and laugh. I am not going to bash the Rangers because one fan can't see past his team.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
You're right about this at least. You did say "+" and I assumed it was a pick or a lesser prospect of sorts. Usually the "+" is less valuable than the asset listed.

Your post, bluntly, is pretty immature. Offer an lopsided trade and then insult the fans, the players and the team when you get shut down.

When you write "position of strength" I assume you mean Edmonton's centers. If you knew much about the Oilers you'd know having RNH allows Tippett to run Draisaitl with McDavid whenever he needs to. Moving RNH and Draisaitl around from center to wing is a demonstration of forward weakness, not strength. The Oilers absolutely shouldn't trade one of few legit top 6 forwards for a goaltender "+".

So sure go ahead and drink your beer and laugh. I am not going to bash the Rangers because one fan can't see past his team.
Classy response to an immature comment and I am a Rangers fan.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

Not sure how rags fans can be laughing at Oilers fans given that they finished lower the past 2 years and have no comparable center depth in sight

I guess the beer helps

Reactions: MC2D

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011

So you assumed (there's an old saying somewhere about assuming) and were wrong and proceeded to tell me what I proposed was terrible. I give you credit for admitting it but there's no need to go on an offensive when all I did was simply state a basic outline of what could be a starting point of a deal that works for both teams. No worries

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Not sure how rags fans can be laughing at Oilers fans given that they finished lower the past 2 years and have no comparable center depth in sight

I guess the beer helps

The laughable part is that in every single EDM trade thread on this board Oilers fans scoff at possible returns as if they've had any semblance of success the past 15 years. News flash: what you guys have been doing hasn't been working. And also news flash the overall success of NYR vs EDM the last 15 years isn't even close. The two teams are in different stratospheres in terms of continuous playoff success. Prior to recent times the Rangers haven't rebuilt since 2003 and have been a perennial playoff contender since the lockout without ever having ANY notable high end draft picks and with their easily highest ceiling pick tragically passing away

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
Zibanejad again proved last night he is the pErFeCt SeCoNd LiNe CeNtEr for us.

/thread closed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad