Value of: In the Future - a 2C to the New York Rangers

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I would consider Jost and Kaut for Krav for a minute....but in the end I think Krav's potential is higher and would prevent me from making the trade.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
sorry, much higher on Kravtsov
also, unlike some, view him as 1C material, so no.

Of course you view a winger who has never played Center to be a 1C in the NHL. You haven't watched more than 10 games of Kravtsov.

Why not listen to @Amazing Kreiderman who has been watching this kid in person for years now when he says his game is best suited at Wing?

Reactions: Shootertooter

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Of course you view a winger who has never played Center to be a 1C in the NHL. You haven't watched more than 10 games of Kravtsov.

Why not listen to @Amazing Kreiderman who has been watching this kid in person for years now when he says his game is best suited at Wing?

I believe that while it is a small sample size, he has demonstrated in higher level international competition he can play pivot.

This is not surprising since he demonstrates already the vision/passing/playmaking skills needed. He may be this very minute adjusting to dif rink size in NHL, but that is a very short term thing he can already handle physically, it is just a matter of his brain and instinct having that physical measurement in his mind as first correct impulse.

-----------
All opinions should be considered on merit with an open mind.

It may be meritorious to say atm Krav is currently better suited to W, but that doesn't mean he is not capable, including in the near term, of playing C, particularly as he has enough key skills for it.

Since have another top 6 pivot is strategically useful and desirable [allowing KK - Krav - Pana then pushes Zib to 2nd line w/Kreider] it behooves us to have an open mind and not rule anything out until it has been tried and the results are conclusive, one way or the other.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I believe that while it is a small sample size, he has demonstrated in higher level international competition he can play pivot.

This is not surprising since he demonstrates already the vision/passing/playmaking skills needed. He may be this very minute adjusting to dif rink size in NHL, but that is a very short term thing he can already handle physically, it is just a matter of his brain and instinct having that physical measurement in his mind as first correct impulse.

-----------
All opinions should be considered on merit with an open mind.

It may be meritorious to say atm Krav is currently better suited to W, but that doesn't mean he is not capable, including in the near term, of playing C, particularly as he has enough key skills for it.

Since have another top 6 pivot is strategically useful and desirable [allowing KK - Krav - Pana then pushes Zib to 2nd line w/Kreider] it behooves us to have an open mind and not rule anything out until it has been tried and the results are conclusive, one way or the other.

You have this strange fetish of trying to move players to different positions....

Dmen like Chara and Staal to Wing.

Natural Center like Zbad to RW where he's never played in his career.

Natural LW like Panarin to RW where he's never played in his career.

Kakko, who looks great at RW to LW.. Now Kravtsov..

It's reason's like this that I don't think you actually watch hockey.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Shootertooter

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
To be fair, the way Kravstov slows down the play when crosses the blue line, does work better for an actual center. I don't think we should just toss him at center, but until he stops doing that, adjusting on the wing is going to be very difficult at an NHL level.

Value aside, Avs just drafted a potential 2C - which is what they were looking for. They have Kadri for the time being but I don't see them wanting to get rid of a center unless they're replacing that position.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
sorry, much higher on Kravtsov
also, unlike some, view him as 1C material, so no.

This only puts an exclamation on how skewed your assessments are as he hasn't had any significantly meaningful time/experience at that position to even qualify him as an NHL capable C.......let alone "1C material". There are no facts to support what you are saying once again. If you merely said "maybe Krav could learn the role", I think people might be open to that possibility but instead you go way beyond that and expect him to be the top C. I mean, those are just ponderous expectations considering.

He seems to be a very talented young winger but that doesn't mean he would be a successful center and certainly not a top C.....which is an extremely premature, hopeful, best case scenario....in your case.

6 games at C for a tournament does not qualify one as top line NHL C potential. No matter how you personally want to conflate this.......it simply does not jive.

Reactions: slg1963 and Kupo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->