Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Barrie

Not sure where to put this but how long does he ride the pine? Can't be good for a young defenseman that needs ice time to develop. I believe he can be sent to LEM still and that might be for the best if he's gonna be eating popcorn for the foreseeable future. Who to call up? Lauridsen?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
If the Rangers were to blow it up, would most here be for or against Elliott+2nd for Del Zotto?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
To further add, I wonder which defencemen could be had if teams that are struggling at the midway point decide to shop off players. I could see any of the following being traded this season.

-Timonen
-Coburn
-Del Zotto
-Girardi
-Ehrhoff
-Greene
-Salvador
-Tyutin

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I haven't watched Flyers much this year, but their fans have soured on Coburn big time. It's possible he's not what he used to be.

Timonen is way too expensive and too old.

Salvador isn't what he used to be. Not the same wheels and the eye injury is troubling.

Girardi might be a good option, but he's looked real bad the games I've seen with Rangers this year. Defenders that take a lot of punishment tend to drop off early and Girardi has taken more pucks to the body than anyone the last five years.

Ehrhoff is solid. Greene (Devils, not Kings) and Tyutin as well. Del Zotto is pretty good but his lack of mobility is troubling. Of course if we trade him for Wilson, who also looks to have big problems with mobility these days, it might be ok.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Not sure where to put this but how long does he ride the pine? Can't be good for a young defenseman that needs ice time to develop. I believe he can be sent to LEM still and that might be for the best if he's gonna be eating popcorn for the foreseeable future. Who to call up? Lauridsen?

Our depth chart is as follows. Holden is only above our other prospects because he's on the main roster eating nachos right now. Barrie probably needs to earn his ice time back from Roy due to some sketchy defensive play early in the season.

Fear not, Guenin couldn't be any slower if he tried and aside from Wilson's glass-like frame, he's also shown the kind of decision-making that could make him the next star defender in the JIHL (Japanese Ice Hockey League).

Barrie (NHL)
Holden (NHL)
Elliott
Siemens
Hunwick
Stollery
Lauridsen/Tam/Beaupre

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Ehrhoff or Campbell would be perfect.

Coburn, Girardi, MDZ are all players that need to come at very reasonable prices and very likely wouldn't.

I'm wondering if we could steal Sbisa out of Anaheim, he'd be a solid option with his defensive abilities and mobility. Plus they could use a guy like Stastny if we had to move him.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
McGinn for Harrington?!

Possibly. I think the organization sees Maatta, Pouliot and Harrington as their longterm guys on the blue line. But they're in dire need of some forward depth. This year for sure. And the situation gets even worse moving forward.

Nisky has 6 pts in 8 games. +9 with 20 minutes avg TOI. He's been damn good for most of his time in Pitt.

It's Shero's style to deal a guy when it's looking like he's getting passed up on the depth chart and/or struggling in our system.

I'd say Despres is the guy that most fits that scenario right now. Dumoulin is outplaying him in WBS. Maatta earned a roster spot over him at camp. The kid needs NHL minutes to get better as a player. He'll help your transition game for sure.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Maybe. I haven't watched him at all. Can he move the puck well?

That's his game. He was our best PMD after Letang last year. The fact he can skate like the wind while being 6'4 220 is a bonus.

Our coach screwed with his minutes last year and now is getting buried in the depth chart.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
McGinn is worth more than what Pittsburgh would offer I have to believe.

I would want Despres + 2nd for instance. Maata would be a great pickup. So would Harrington. But again, I'd want more than just those players in a 1 for 1. And given our current defensive prospect depth, I think we're better off keeping McGinn with MacKinnon, re-signing him this season and hanging onto the offensive depth unless a better deal comes along.

He's a young, cheap goalscoring winger that doesn't look out of place anywhere in our lineup. Those are invaluable players for playoff contending teams.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You have 2-3 more years haha

I'll savor them... Sturm retired today as well. I thought he retired years ago. Hejduk will suffer the same fate sadly.

McGinn is worth more than what Pittsburgh would offer I have to believe.

I would want Despres + 2nd for instance. Maata would be a great pickup. So would Harrington. But again, I'd want more than just those players in a 1 for 1. And given our current defensive prospect depth, I think we're better off keeping McGinn with MacKinnon, re-signing him this season and hanging onto the offensive depth unless a better deal comes along.

He's a young, cheap goalscoring winger that doesn't look out of place anywhere in our lineup. Those are invaluable players for playoff contending teams.

I'd do Maata for Mcginn.

Quite, haha. Roy likes dem French Canadiens doesn't he? Despres for McGinn?

No, thanks if Mcginn gets traded I want a sure fire prospect or young player.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Despres is an NHL player. Our coach called him a top 4 D this summer. Unfortunately for him, we signed Scuderi and Maatta has looked like one of our best D so far this season.

If you're looking for a young, big mobile D who's great in transition, he's a great acquisition for you. Not many like him out there. Maatta and Dumoulin have made him expendable.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Despres is an NHL player. Our coach called him a top 4 D this summer. Unfortunately for him, we signed Scuderi and Maatta has looked like one of our best D so far this season.

If you're looking for a young, big mobile D who's great in transition, he's a great acquisition for you. Not many like him out there. Maatta and Dumoulin have made him expendable.

It's not that we couldn't use him or don't want him. It's that we aren't prepared to pay that much for him. We need better defenders than him right now and whatever we're paying should go towards one of them.

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011

If you're looking for a young, big mobile D who's great in transition, he's a great acquisition for you.
Not many like him out there. Maatta and Dumoulin have made him expendable.
Would I have interest in Despres? Yes. For McGinn? No. If the Avs break up their top 9, they should be acquiring someone quite a bit better than Despres.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Man if we brought in a guy like Campbell this team could really be in position to make a serious run next season. This year they'd get a taste and with MacK taking a step next year and the team having an offseason to respond to year 1 under Roy, we'd be legit capable of taking down any team with our oldies all holding the seat warm for talented kids.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
He could be interesting to see Despres to Colorado but no for McGinn

Downie ?

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Despres sounds like someone who could really benefit from a change of scenery. As soon as we get on a losing streak, the Avs fans won't protect McGinn this much. Maybe this is something that could work in a different situation.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
No, I'm not changing my mind on McGinn. He's making 1.75M. That's 15k more than Hunwick, let that sink in for a moment. And the Avs are not going to all of a sudden inherit a surplus of wingers anytime soon. A losing streak isn't going to change his value here.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Despres sounds like someone who could really benefit from a change of scenery. As soon as we get on a losing streak, the Avs fans won't protect McGinn this much. Maybe this is something that could work in a different situation.

I don't see how a losing streak will change a thing. He is on a very friendly contract and will only be an RFA after this year, and the type of player that can be inserted on any of our top 3 lines. Trading him for a very uncertain player like Despres isn't worth it. If the Avs move a top 9 player, a significant hole opens up. We don't have the prospect depth to replace a guy like McGinn internally, instead someone like Mitchell would get bumped up a line. Unless we're getting exactly what we need, I doubt McGinn will be moved. The Penguins can keep Despres if McGinn is the type of player they'd want back.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
I don't see how a losing streak will change a thing. He is on a very friendly contract and will only be an RFA after this year, and the type of player that can be inserted on any of our top 3 lines. Trading him for a very uncertain player like Despres isn't worth it. If the Avs move a top 9 player, a significant hole opens up. We don't have the prospect depth to replace a guy like McGinn internally, instead someone like Mitchell would get bumped up a line. Unless we're getting exactly what we need, I doubt McGinn will be moved. The Penguins can keep Despres if McGinn is the type of player they'd want back.

I'm not saying it would be a one for one trade. I personally agree on keeping McGinn. He was a great pickup for us.

I would offer draft picks but I doubt Pittsburgh is looking for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad