Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
According to TSN.ca, EDM and BUF were working on a trade that would send Miller or Vanek to EDM for Yakupov +.

Edmonton fans seem to want to get BOTH players for that package.

I think it's some guy out of Buffalo speculating about the Yakupov/Miller/Vanek stuff. All McKenzie said on TSN was that the Oilers inquired about Miller.

Even if the Oilers were getting both of them for Yakupov, I still wouldn't do it. Too much risk since they'll both be UFAs in July.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That would awesome for buffalo, add yak, tank hard this year and they've got a great head start on restocking their top end talent to go with all of complimentary young talent they already have.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Dunno about you guys but I don't want Mitchell anywhere near MacKinnon. Mitchell creates some offense on his own because he's a decent stickhandler and has a nice shot, but he's pretty much a black hole otherwise as far as creating and being involved in plays. McLeod would be a crash-the-net style winger for MacKinnon, and he really is not as bad with the puck as some of you guys make him out to be. I would be fine with McLeod on the 3rd line. He's good on the boards which is a positive

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
Dunno about you guys but I don't want Mitchell anywhere near MacKinnon. Mitchell creates some offense on his own because he's a decent stickhandler and has a nice shot, but he's pretty much a black hole otherwise as far as creating and being involved in plays. McLeod would be a crash-the-net style winger for MacKinnon, and he really is not as bad with the puck as some of you guys make him out to be. I would be fine with McLeod on the 3rd line. He's good on the boards which is a positive

Mitchell is possibly the biggest puck hog I've ever seen. I swear, he plays like he'd break out in hives if he ever passed it. I don't want him anywhere but the 4th line or Lake Erie.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mitchell is possibly the biggest puck hog I've ever seen. I swear, he plays like he'd break out in hives if he ever passed it. I don't want him anywhere but the 4th line or Lake Erie.

Mitchell just really sucks as a passer, when he filled in for Landy he even tried passing to tangs and staz, but he just sucks at it. If injuries happened I'd put Mitchell on that line again, because Tanguay and Staz can set him up so he doesn't need to do much passing and he's been playing great defensively and so would fill the role roy has that line playing most. Then juggle the lines accordingly.

ROR - Duchene - Landy
Tanguay - Staz - Malkin
McG - MacK - PAP

Landy - Dutchy - Downie
Tanguay - Staz - Malkin
McG - MacK - PAP

ROR -Dutchy - Downie
Tanguay - Staz - Malkin
Landy - MacK - PAP

ROR - Dutchy - Downie
Landy - Staz - Malkin
McG - MacK - Tanguay

And if it's one of the centers just move ROR into Staz's spot and Staz into that other center's spot, or maybe ROR into Dutchy/Mack's spot.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Any chance McGinn would be available for a D-man? Pens will need to move one in the very near future. Despres and Dumoulin are NHL ready. Maatta is as well. Niskanen has looked great as our #4 next to Scuds. And Orpik is likely not going to be re-signed. Take your pick.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Any chance McGinn would be available for a D-man? Pens will need to move one in the very near future. Despres and Dumoulin are NHL ready. Maatta is as well. Niskanen has looked great as our #4 next to Scuds. And Orpik is likely not going to be re-signed. Take your pick.

Highly doubt it. He and MacKinnon have hit it off.
You would have to really overpay I guess.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I would love to return from Buffalo with an Ehrhoff on our blueline...
Honestly, he's exactly what we need.

I also feel MacKinnon needs a strong defensive 3rd line winger next to him. He works well with McGinn, but I'd prefer Parenteau to be back on the top line with Duchene.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

I pick Martin ;)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

McGinn for Harrington?!

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
Honestly, he's exactly what we need.

I also feel MacKinnon needs a strong defensive 3rd line winger next to him. He works well with McGinn, but I'd prefer Parenteau to be back on the top line with Duchene.

i think a line of McGinn/Mackinnon/Landeskog would have a little bit more defence, would allow parantau back with dutchy and leave us a line of tangs/staz/downie which i like a lot too

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
If we trade Stastny, McGinn might go also. If he continues playing the way he has, he could net the Avs a good return.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Yeah, I think it's fair to say that whatever the Oilers do with Yakupov, they will eff it up.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I may be the only person wanting this, but why not try Mackinnon on the wing for half the season to allow him to be less responsible defensively.

I'd like to see this.

Tanguay Duchene Mackinnon
Mcginn Stastny Parenteau
Landeskog O'Reilly Downie

Use O'Reilly's line as a shut down. We all remember how much trouble these guys cause on the forecheck.

It's only one loss, I wouldn't make this change yet but if we start going the other way these are the lines i'd like to see.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I may be the only person wanting this, but why not try Mackinnon on the wing for half the season to allow him to be less responsible defensively.

I'd like to see this.

Tanguay Duchene Mackinnon
Mcginn Stastny Parenteau
Landeskog O'Reilly Downie

Use O'Reilly's line as a shut down. We all remember how much trouble these guys cause on the forecheck.

It's only one loss, I wouldn't make this change yet but if we start going the other way these are the lines i'd like to see.

Because we are not competing this year anyways, so why move our longtern #1 C / #2 C to wing and have him stop working on his two way game at center?

There is only one highly unlikely scenario under which I ever want to see Mac on the wing (aside from at the PP) and it involves the Avs somehow getting the #1 pick in 2015....

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Because we are not competing this year anyways, so why move our longtern #1 C / #2 C to wing and have him stop working on his two way game at center?

There is only one highly unlikely scenario under which I ever want to see Mac on the wing (aside from at the PP) and it involves the Avs somehow getting the #1 pick in 2015....

It would allow him to work on an easier two way game first. Being thrown into a huge role is a good way to screw a player up early in his career. By having him learn the light defensive roles for half a season at 18, and then switch him back to centre in January wouldn't stop him from working on his two way game. It would allow him to adapt easier and learn it right. He isn't very good defensively right now. A lot of people here are saying he is but they're wrong. He's fast and gets back into the zone and stays low. That doesn't make him good defensively. It shows he has some of the main tools to be great in the future, but he doesn't have it yet.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
It would allow him to work on an easier two way game first. Being thrown into a huge role is a good way to screw a player up early in his career. By having him learn the light defensive roles for half a season at 18, and then switch him back to centre in January wouldn't stop him from working on his two way game. It would allow him to adapt easier and learn it right. He isn't very good defensively right now. A lot of people here are saying he is but they're wrong. He's fast and gets back into the zone and stays low. That doesn't make him good defensively. It shows he has some of the main tools to be great in the future, but he doesn't have it yet.

There's a reason Roy is sheltering him. Nevertheless, some games will be tougher than others. At this point, switching him will do more to destroy his confidence than develop his game.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think McG and pap are excellent partners for MacK for now, when we're ready to stop sheltering him as much I'd swap PAP and Tanguay since Tangs is better defensively, then we can put pap back on the first line and put Downie and the Staz/Landy line.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I would only switch around the RW, everything else has to stay the way it is. O'Reilly's future on this team is at LW, not center. Obviously he can play center very well but he is not going back to 3C and get the kind of deal everyone knows and expects he is going to get. Of course injuries or game situation may change that on occasion but he's the starting LW now and in the future. If PAP moves he should go back to Duchene, they have crazy chemistry. And I wouldn't mind Tanguay with MacKinnon but is Downie good enough defensively to continue to make the Landy-Staz line the shutdown line?

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
If the Flyers continue to suck, they may be unloading guys on that overpaid d-men core. They have so much money tied up to just d-men. Coburn, Meszaros and even Streit/Timonen would be awesome pickups at the right price.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

How attached are you guys with Matta?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->