Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
From the earlier thread:

No way should McLeod be above 4th line time. At least not with his new PK duties. His play might suit a stayinfrontofothergoalie-playstyle, but putting him with Mack would ruin Mack's offensive game.

If we trade Staz and don't get a winger back in the trade we should either call up Sgarby from LEM or then trade for another winger for cheap on the market.
I want no McLeod with Mack.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
From the earlier thread:

No way should McLeod be above 4th line time. At least not with his new PK duties. His play might suit a stayinfrontofothergoalie-playstyle, but putting him with Mack would ruin Mack's offensive game.

If we trade Staz and don't get a winger back in the trade we should either call up Sgarby from LEM or then trade for another winger for cheap on the market.

So much this.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
From the earlier thread:

This does bring up the idea of how Roy will handle injuries to the forwards when they do come up.

Although the team is deep, I'm not sure it is deep enough yet with enough skill to run the 3 line system if a couple of the top 9 forwards are out at the same time.

Wonder if he'll go to more of a traditional top 6-bottom 6 approach.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
This does bring up the idea of how Roy will handle injuries to the forwards when they do come up.

Although the team is deep, I'm not sure it is deep enough yet with enough skill to run the 3 line system if a couple of the top 9 forwards are out at the same time.

Wonder if he'll go to more of a traditional top 6-bottom 6 approach.

Injury 1: Mitchell moves up, Cliche slots onto the 4th line.

Injury 2: Malone called up, Cliche to 4th line LW, McLeod up to 3rd line LW.

Injury 3(scoring): The Boss is called up to a scoring line, 4th line stays Cliche-Malone-Bordeleau.

I think we could survive with up to three injuries on forward, given our depth options and the versatility of several players such as our centers.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
OTT puts Stephane Da Costa on waivers.

There is a tempting player, maybe not for the Avs with our depth, but somebody might take a chance. Da Costa has been a disappointment so far, but on a weaker top 6 I think he could find a spot on RW and develop into a decent player.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Nothing like a 5'10", 180 pound useless forward with 7 career points... yeah, no thanks. He's terrible. Dime-a-dozen player.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Read again... I wasn't saying for the Avs. :p:

I mean for almost any team. There are unsigned players with more potential and more attractive traits (size, for one) than Da Costa. This is the typical player that floats around for a couple of seasons and will be either be in the KHL, AHL, or retired soon. I'm sure he is a nice guy, though.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Injury 1: Mitchell moves up, Cliche slots onto the 4th line.

Injury 2: Malone called up, Cliche to 4th line LW, McLeod up to 3rd line LW.

Injury 3(scoring): The Boss is called up to a scoring line, 4th line stays Cliche-Malone-Bordeleau.

I think we could survive with up to three injuries on forward, given our depth options and the versatility of several players such as our centers.

Yeah this is kinda the way I think it's gonna go. I'd just wish they'd give Sgarby the first call-up or put Malone on the 3rd line instead.

McLeod can play a few games on the 3rd line, but his abilities, or lack thereof, with the puck will become clear quite quickly.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I mean for almost any team. There are unsigned players with more potential and more attractive traits (size, for one) than Da Costa. This is the typical player that floats around for a couple of seasons and will be either be in the KHL, AHL, or retired soon. I'm sure he is a nice guy, though.

Fair enough. I think he has NHL potential on a weaker team to establish himself, I have always like him when I have seen him play with Binghamption. Easily one of the most noticeable players on the ice every game.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
From the Last Thread suggested by JFisher6

Tanguay - Duchene - Parenteau
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie
McGinn - MacKinnon - McLeod
Bordeleau - Mitchell - Cliche

[Stastny Trade Acquisition] - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Benoit - Sarich/Guenin

I would almost rather move Mitchell up with Mack and and keep Highlander with Bords and move Cliche in Mitchell's spot. Mitchell has a really nice shot and while Mack is going to be a heck of a goal scorer, he can also set guys up and Mitchell has a nice shot...better than Hilander's

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
That Oilers, Sabres rumor is pretty wild. I hope something goes down, it would be hilarious if they trade Yak only to have Miller and Vanek leave after the year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That Oilers, Sabres rumor is pretty wild. I hope something goes down, it would be hilarious if they trade Yak only to have Miller and Vanek leave after the year.

The best part is LeBrun says that Oilers ARE part of Ryan Miller's no trade list.

I LOVE IT, even Miller dislikes their fanbase! :laugh::sarcasm:

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011

I would laugh pretty hard if they both left. Sounds like a lot of Oilers fans are looking for any reason to say that the rumor is not true.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I think the Oilers will **** up regarding Yakupov. IMO

I would laugh pretty hard if they both left. Sounds like a lot of Oilers fans are looking for any reason to say that the rumor is not true.

It does sound like a bogus rumor tho.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Do we know what the Oilers want to give up in this trade?

According to TSN.ca, EDM and BUF were working on a trade that would send Miller or Vanek to EDM for Yakupov +.

Edmonton fans seem to want to get BOTH players for that package.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

That's what I'd be hoping for. Just miss the playoffs, and then have Miller and Vanek walk.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Has Helm even started playing again? I know some red wings fans I know where worrying about if he'd ever even be a useful player again.

he's cleared to play, think yesterday. going for conditioning stint at wings minor affiliate. but he's had many setbacks already so we'll see how it goes when he returns to full action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad